Page 188 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288688 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 17573

I'd be happy with Warren or Bernie, but I'd take anyone in the field over Trump.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Meanwhile...

There are regular attacks on Sanders in this thread.
    I wouldn't say attacks, more like everyone expressing an opinion. if you support Sanders, I'd love to find out why.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Meanwhile...

There are regular attacks on Sanders in this thread.
    Bingo. Maybe don't call Sanders supporters Bernie Bros and imply they are a bunch of sexist frat guys if you want them to unify with your side. Idk weird concept I guess. Sorry you can't start from a place of bad faith and then get mad that they don't view you as a friend.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    There doesn't seem to be many Bernie supporters here. Just curious, what person do all of you like for the Democratic nominee?
    What Kirby said.

She brings a lot of the positives I see in Bernie, with less drawbacks. I'm not sure she can win, so that gives me pause.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    No thanks, Boss Tweed.
    "American exceptionalism" as usual I see *eye roll*

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Warren, man.
    Even on the things where I wonder if Warren is too far left, I feel she has a good grasp on the underlying problems behind the issues leading to her stances. It's a solid foundation at the very least - and the CFPB is exactly what I want out of regulations, they should be protecting the public, the consumer, or the free market - also the workers, but that is a little beyond the scope of the CFPB and more the duty of OSHA.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    "American exceptionalism" as usual I see *eye roll*
    Do you know who Boss Tweed was?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Bingo. Maybe don't call Sanders supporters Bernie Bros and imply they are a bunch of sexist frat guys if you want them to unify with your side. Idk weird concept I guess. Sorry you can't start from a place of bad faith and then get mad that they don't view you as a friend.
    Again -- Sanders is not the problem as he brings relevant issues to the forefront of the discussion.

As even he points out -- his supporters are the problem due to their divisiveness and lack of respect for other candidates and those who disagree with them.

It's telling that many of you will listen to him on nearly every other issue, but ignore that one.

Despite any policy disagreements, I doubt there are many "democrats" out there who wouldn't vote for him if he became the nominee.

Bernie is the one telling you to "unify" -- not "democrats".
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-18-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Again -- Sanders is not the problem as he brings relevant issues to the forefront of the discussion.

As even he points out -- his supporters are the problem due to their divisiveness and lack of respect for other candidates and those who disagree with them.

Despite any policy disagreements, I doubt there are many "democrats" out there who wouldn't vote for him if he became the nominee.

Bernie chastized a few supporters as other candidates has as well. It's people like you that want to act like they are all sexist. **** game

I would vote for any Democratic party nominee except for Bloomberg or Gabbards.

So, where's the problem?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Warren, man.
    I preferred Warren to Sanders, but I knew she was screwed the minute she wouldn't say M4A would increase taxes. Then she released her plan and it was overly complex trying to work around that and she got attacked from both sides. That pretty much made her tank. Gave Pete an opening. Now it's basically a race between Biden and Sanders. If Warren can get back up there, I'd prefer her. But she has work to overcome the hole she dug herself in to get back in this thing.

Extraordinary Member

I would vote for any Democratic party nominee except for Bloomberg or Gabbards.

So, where's the problem?
    It's like they convenianetly ignore that the Democratic primary opponent before Sanders in 2008 (who he ran against) demonstrably hurt the eventual nominee more than Sanders did damage to her (Hillary Clinton). There's far more evidence that centrist Democrats would rather have a Republican if they don't get there way than the other way around.

That said, folks need to really see "Unity" for the nonsense that it is.

In the polling that came out earlier this week, North of forty percent of the folks involved said that they thought that moving away from former President Obama's approach was the direction that "We" should go in.

I don't think for a minute that "We" should be united.

I think that you have to take a realistic look at the fact that North of forty percent of folks think moving away from the "Obama"-era approach is where "We" should go, and try to figure out how to navigate the divide that obviously exists.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Bernie chastized a few supporters as other candidates has as well. It's people like you that want to act like they are all sexist. **** game
    I've never once said or even implied any such thing.

You have a habit of trying to play the victim but that won't work when it's based on lies.

That said, folks need to really see "Unity" for the nonsense that it is.
    Tell that to Sanders since he's the one who said it.

If you're so bent on another four years of Trump by being divisive and repeating the mistakes of the past, then so be it.

That said -- again it's telling that you'll go against Sanders so long as it also means you're going against the Democratic party as a whole.

In that respect, it says a lot about your real goals.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-18-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I've never once said or even implied any such thing.

You have a habit of trying to play the victim but that won't work when it's based on lies.

Tell that to Sanders since he's the one who said it, not me.

If you're so bent on another four years of Trump by being divisive and repeating the mistakes of the past, then so be it.
    You're the one who keeps invoking his supporters, that's not my problem. Do you think Hillary Clinton or Obama or any other Democrat didn't have shitty people supporting or on their campaign>