Page 190 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290690 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Apparently you need someone to tell you that a candidate who can't even win the Democratic nomination shouldn't be hailed as the second coming.

Which is what most people do whenever they discuss Sanders with you and you avoid by constantly trying to bring up "Bernie Bros" and "Hillary" as if that makes up for you chosen candidates shortcomings and losses.

Moreover, even if Bernie wins, it doesn't justify the divisive rhetoric and behavior of those who support him.
    A primary is not a general. A person can win a primary off the back of states that will never go for then in a general. A person can win a primary being weak in states they need in a general. Conflating a primary and a general is being willfully misleading and deceptive to make a point.

And for the record, AGAIN, I voted for Hillary, so I don't care how you feel about how I talk about her or the party.

Apparently you need someone to tell you that a candidate who can't even win the Democratic nomination shouldn't be hailed as the second coming.

Which is what most people do whenever they discuss Sanders with you and you avoid by constantly trying to bring up "Bernie Bros" and "Hillary" as if that makes up for you chosen candidates shortcomings and losses.

Moreover, even if Bernie wins, it doesn't justify the divisive rhetoric and behavior of those who support him.
    Let's get real for a minute...

The Democratic Party nomination process set the stage for George W. and Trump to win the Presidency.

Let's not talk about it like it hasn't kicked progress in the shins on multiple occasions.

Extraordinary Member

Anyways, since I got dragged into the same old discussion that I'm sick of..... in more entertaining news the impeachment vote is under way. About 5 mins left and Democrats are pretty much guaranteed to impeach Trump with at least a 216 majority on the first articles. Looks like it's coming down to party lines which is pretty much a tell for how the Senate will react. Either way history made and Trump becomes the third President to be impeached.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    A primary is not a general. A person can win a primary off the back of states that will never go for then in a general. A person can win a primary being weak in states they need in a general. Conflating a primary and a general is being willfully misleading and deceptive to make a point.

And for the record, AGAIN, I voted for Hillary, so I don't care how you feel about how I talk about her or the party.
    I never said anything about you voting for Hillary one way or the other -- you take these conversations way too seriously, to the point of making false accusations and even outright lying. My commentary was on your divisiveness -- not your voting habits.

I'd likewise vote for Bernie with no problem -- but I also don't sit around attacking him, the other candidates, or the Democratic party as a whole.

That said -- again -- let's see your chosen candidates win the primaries, win the election, and then pass progressive legislation as promised.

And if you don't care about Sanders calling his supporters out for their actions, that says a lot more about your hypocrisy than my "feelings" on the matter.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-18-2019 at 06:26 PM.

Talk is cheap -- let's see them win the primaries, win the presidency, and then pass progressive legislation as promised.
    You could have said the very same thing about HRC.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You could have said the very same thing about HRC.
    But I didn't because I don't sit around on message boards trying to promote her over other candidates, including those who can't beat her in an election.

Extraordinary Member

It's official. On the first vote the Democrats just obtained a majority of 216 *probably more once it's done. And not Trump will be impeached and charged.

This will also presumably be the first President to run for election after being impeached.

Extraordinary Member

I never said anything about you voting for Hillary one way or the other -- you take these conversations way too seriously, to the point of making false accusations and even outright lying. My commentary was on your divisiveness -- not your voting habits.

I'd likewise vote for Bernie with no problem -- but I also don't sit around attacking him, the other candidates or the Democratic party as a whole.

That said -- again -- let's see your chosen candidates win the primaries, win the election, and then pass progressive legislation as promised.

And if you don't care about Sanders calling his supporters out for their actions, that says a lot more about your hypocrisy than my "feelings" on the matter.
    He's not my preferred candidate. I just call it like I see it. This is tired.

But I didn't because I don't sit around on message boards trying to promote her over other candidates, including those who can't beat her in an election.
    Are you saying that your own means of judging this is inherently flawed?

Because HRC was a complete failure using this "Talk Is Cheap... Let's See Your Results..." metric you seem to be applying to Warren and Sanders.

Ultimate Member

He's not my preferred candidate. I just call it like I see it. This is tired.
    Did you also see that the majority of Democrats didn't vote for him in the last election?

Or that progressives don't usually win national elections?

Or that even Sanders called out his supporters for their divisive behavior?

Are you saying that your own means of judging this is inherently flawed?

Because HRC was a complete failure using this "Talk Is Cheap... Let's See Your Results..." metric you seem to be applying to Warren and Sanders.
    The only person still dwelling on Hillary is you -- all I said is that she beat Sanders and that it's ridiculous to argue that he should have been the nominee on that basis alone. If people wanted him as the nominee -- and the president -- then they would have voted for him. It's that simple.

Having a political opinion is fine, but it's completely delusional to let them override reality.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-18-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Did you also see that the majority of Democrats didn't vote for him in the last election?
    Not the first time that the Party has set the stage for a Republican to wind up President.

Yes, I noticed that.

Extraordinary Member

Or that progressives don't usually win national elections?

Or that even Sanders called out his supporters for their divisive behavior?
    Yeah a bunch of conservatives in the south that didn’t show up in the general voted against him. Congrats. Must be a nice moral victory

I think Tulsi Gabbard is throwing away any future presidential runs, at least as a democrat. If Trump is beaten in 2020 I don't think history is going to look kindly on Democrats who didn't vote for impeachment.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Voting happening. Reporting that Tulsi Gabbard wasn't there for most of the day, but showed up late to vote "Present"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Yeah a bunch of conservatives in the south that didn’t show up in the general voted against him. Congrats. Must be a nice moral victory
    You're making false accusations to avoid addressing the issues raised -- Trump winning the election was in no way, shape, form or fashion a "moral victory".

Sanders called his own supporters divisive and nearly every post you and 30 make proves him right.

Ironically enough, apparently I agree with Sanders more than some of his alleged supporters.

Not the first time that the Party has set the stage for a Republican to wind up President.

Yes, I noticed that.
    I noticed you didn't vote against Trump so you're the one who is responsible for a Republican "winding up" as President.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-18-2019 at 06:41 PM.