Page 197 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297697 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Considering how many Bernie supporters still frame 2016 as Bernie being "screwed out of the nomination", I don't believe the phrase "simply pointing out" is at all an accurate descriptor.
    Since we are talking about my post and not these "Many Bernie Sanders Supporters...", there's not much point in applying their reaction to it.

Never mind that "Someone..." is obviously not a group.

While "His Supporters..." was there. It's from another post, and describes that folks outside of them see the obvious issues.

If you want to discuss however many of them there are?

Separate issue.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 12-19-2019 at 10:01 PM.

That said...

It's not an "Attack..." to point out that the reality is that the way the party orders primary elections is a straight-up glaring issue.

It's just a fact.

It's not an "Attack..." to point out that the party created rules that keep minority candidates off of the debate stage. Which is a glaring issue.

It's just a fact.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Since we are talking about my post and not these "Many Bernie Sanders Supporters...", there's not much point in applying their reaction to it.

If you want to discuss however many of them there are?

Separate issue.
    Your post was in reply to a post that was talking more broadly. Seems odd to change the context. Convenient for you, but odd nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Your post was in reply to a post that was talking more broadly. Seems odd to change the context. Convenient for you, but odd nonetheless.
    Unless one of us has talked to thousands of them, it's not.

We can't really say for certain how many of them are what we were discussing.

Never mind that the facts about the way the party conducts the primary process and creates it's debate rules does not change based on the number of Sanders' supporters or their behavior.

Edit:

In addition, see what Tami said about the nature of what an "Attack..." is.

If someone says Sanders lost the primary, that ain't an "Attack..." any more than to point out glaring issues in the way the party does those two things winds up being.

You are talking about what has actually happened.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 12-19-2019 at 10:19 PM.

Man...

If Trump was smart, he'd recruit from CNN employees. They are doing a better job at beating on the Democratic field than he is.

Ultimate Member

One other quick thing about this...

If you have Booker and Castro pointing out that the current Democratic Party debate rules and the order that the Party has laid out for state primaries are an issue, it's not just "His Supporters" who are pointing out the issues with the party as a whole.

Never mind that folks in this very thread have pointed out that the order that Democratic Party primaries happen in needs to change.

Sometimes, someone isn't "Attacking..." the integrity of a party. They are simply pointing out that the party has some glaring issues when it comes to integrity.
    When Booker and Castro -- and their "supporters" -- start booing other Democratic candidates and attacking rallies, you might have a point.

Until then, you're just making more false and misleading excuses for the negative, divisive behavior that even Sanders pointed out.

-----

"Democratic Backlash After Sanders' Supporters Violence in Nevada"

"Democratic leaders are speaking out and calling for action from Sen. Bernie Sanders after a group of his supporters became violent at a Nevada political event this weekend..."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/demo...ry?id=39210937

"Bernie Sanders tells supporters to knock off the violence"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-the-violence/

"Sanders condemns Nevada convention violence but refuses to apologize"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nders-violence

"From Bernie Sanders Supporters, Death Threats Over Delegates"

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/17/u...rs-nevada.html
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-20-2019 at 01:10 AM.

While I'm not going to say that you have no point, what stuck out to me is that both of those pieces seem like they are from the year 2016.

Ultimate Member

While I'm not going to say that you have no point, what stuck out to me is that both of those pieces seem like they are from the year 2016.
    Let's see what happens in 2020 then, especially if Sanders loses again.

In the meantime, stop being divisive and stop trying to pretend Castro and Booker are the doing the same thing as Sanders' supporters.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-20-2019 at 01:22 AM.

I swear 2016 is a timewarp

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I swear 2016 is a timewarp
    It's not so much that as it is history tends to repeat itself if people don't learn from it.

Not long ago the Sanders supporters here were attacking Kamala Harris at nearly every opportunity, and now one of them -- who claimed she didn't have any "real" support despite many black women (such as Joy Reid) supporting her -- is acting as if he is concerned about the lack of "minorities" on the debate stage.

Past is precedent in a lot of ways, especially when people refuse to acknowledge the truth regarding their habits.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-20-2019 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    It's not so much that as it is history tends to repeat itself if people don't learn from it.

Not too long ago the Sanders supporters here were attacking Kamala Harris at nearly every opportunity, and now one of them -- who claimed she didn't have any "real" support despite many black women (such as Joy Reid) supporting her -- is acting as if he is concerned about the lack of "minorities" on the debate stage.

Past is precedent in a lot of ways, especially when people refuse to acknowledge the truth regarding their habits.
    Put simply...

That I honestly believe that Castro/Booker/Harris have almost no shot at the nomination has nothing to do with that a set of rules put into place by the party stands only to potentially alienate minority voters. Those voters will likely be needed to have any realistic chance at a win next year.

So, yes. It is concerning even if a less divisive primary process will most likely eliminate each of them. It is concerning because it stands to hurt any eventual nominee's chances while providing no benefit that I can discern.

Ultimate Member

Put simply...That I honestly believe that Castro/Booker/Harris have almost no shot at the nomination has nothing to do with that a set of rules put into place by the party stands only to potentially alienate minority voters. Those voters will likely be needed to have any realistic chance at a win next year.
    You mean the same "minority voters" that you dismissed as irrelevant when they supported Harris?

The same "minority voters" you claimed Hillary ignored, then refused to acknowledge that she had invited many of them to speak at her rallies?

The same "minority voters" that support Biden over Sanders by a large margin, just as they did Clinton over Sanders?

As a "minority voter" myself, I'll point out that you "concern" seems more rooted in your dislike of the Democratic party than any real concern for said voters.

Again -- if you cared that much about "minorities", you would have voted against Trump in the last election.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-20-2019 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    You mean the same "minority voters" that you dismissed as irrelevant when they supported Harris?

The same "minority voters" you claimed Hillary ignored, then refused to acknowledge that she had invited many of them to speak at her rallies?

The same "minority voters" that support Biden over Sanders by a large margin, just as they did Clinton over Sanders?

As a "minority voter" myself, I'll point out that you "concern" seems more rooted in your dislike of the Democratic party than any real concern for said voters.
    Recent polling suggests otherwise...

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/16/78823...emocratic-race

NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll: Biden, Sanders Lead 2020 Democratic Race
    Notably, though, Sanders is the candidate who narrowly leads with nonwhite voters, 29% to 26%, over Biden. This might be because of Sanders' strength with younger voters of color and Latinos. But the margins of error with these subgroups are too high to draw any definitive conclusions.

"But young voters will save us"