Page 198 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298698 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 17573
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Recent polling suggests otherwise...

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/16/78823...emocratic-race

Polls change every week -- let's just wait and see what happens in 2020 when "minority voters" actually show up to vote.

None of which changes the fact that -- again -- if you really cared about "minorities" you'd be attacking Trump, not candidates like Harris and Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Polls change every week -- let's just wait and see what happens in 2020 when "minority voters" actually show up to vote.

None of which changes the fact that -- again -- if you really cared about "minorities" you'd be attacking Trump, not candidates like Harris and Biden.
    Again, it is not an "Attack..." to be realistic about Harris' support. It's not an "Attack..." to be realistic about the support that the Republicans who intend to primary Trump have. Same with the nice "Flower Power" lady or Gabbard.

Fact is fact. In each of those instances(barring one of those Republicans somehow catching fire...), the support is not a relevant number. That's just the fact.

Ultimate Member

Again, it is not an "Attack...".
    Yes, they are attacks: you attacked and criticized Hillary, you attacked and criticized Harris, you attack and criticize Biden, and -- most tellingly -- you say almost nothing about Trump who attacks the rights of "minorities" at almost every opportunity.

Said "attacks" are much more frequent than your claims of "attacks" on Sanders by the people on this board -- even when people are just quoting Sanders himself or pointing out the divisive behavior of his supporters, you claim that it's an "attack" on the candidate himself.

So -- yeah, they are "attacks" whether you want to admit it or not.

If you spent 1/10th as much energy attacking Republicans as you do trying to drag down Democratic candidates, you might have a valid argument regarding being "concerned" about "minority voters", but as it stands, it just makes you look hypocritical.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-20-2019 at 02:24 AM.

Yes, they are attacks: you attacked and criticized Hillary, you attacked and criticized Harris, you attack and criticize Biden, and -- most tellingly -- you say almost nothing about Trump who attacks the rights of "minorities" at almost every opportunity.

Said "attacks" are much more frequent than your claims of "attacks" on Sanders by the people on this board -- even when people are just quoting Sanders himself or pointing out the divisive behavior of his supporters, you claim that it's an "attack" on the candidate himself.

So -- yeah, they are "attacks" whether you want to admit it or not.
    Which is the exact same thing as pointing out what the actual numbers are when it comes to candidates who have an irrelevant amount of support.

Ultimate Member

Which is the exact same thing as pointing out what the actual numbers are when it comes to candidates who have an irrelevant amount of support.
    Now you're just being blatantly dishonest -- we both know that's not the only thing you've said about Harris, and that it doesn't even apply to Hillary or Biden.

It's not the "exact same thing" and you know it, even if you won't admit to it.

You've attacked Democrats more than the Republicans who post here -- it's clear to anyone with two eyes where your real loyalties lie.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-20-2019 at 02:34 AM.

As for "Attack..." Republicans in this thread...

Come on, let's be straight about that.

It is covered six ways to Sunday be almost everyone in this thread. Since that party is probably never going to get a vote from me in what I can realistically assume will be my lifetime, what would be the point?

It is a party that has been a lost cause for years. Far as can tell, it intends on remaining so.

That being the case, I just see almost no point in even addressing that they have made said call more than "Every Once In A While..."

Meanwhile?

The only other realistic option I have has clear issues. If I'm down to one "Maybe?", I have very little use for wasting my breath on taking the "Just Not Going To Happen..." option to task.

Obviously, lots of other folks in this thread feel differently.

Now you're just being blatantly dishonest -- we both know that's not the only thing you've said about Harris, and that it doesn't even apply to Hillary or Biden.
    Sure.

I said that she didn't go after Herbalife even though lots of other AGs were getting money out of them for the people they represent. Which is an indisputable fact.

I said that she didn't just say "My Bad..." when a police lab was caught in the wrong. Which is an indisputable fact.

Ultimate Member

It is covered six ways to Sunday be almost everyone in this thread. Since that party is probably never going to get a vote from me in what I can realistically assume will be my lifetime, what would be the point?
    The same "point" as voting against a party of racists and white nationalists, instead of attacking Democrats and "minority" candidates.

But you obviously don't see the "point" in doing that, just like I know there's little "point" in expecting you to change.

The same "point" as voting against a party of racists and white nationalists, instead of attacking Democrats and "minority" candidates.

But you obviously don't see the "point" in doing that, just like I know there's little "point" in expecting you to change.
    Since it's how we got here(never mind that it is a strategy that largely hinges on your opposition delivering you a win...), I don't. Never have.

Ultimate Member

Since it's how we got here(never mind that it is a strategy that largely hinges on your opposition delivering you a win...), I don't. Never have.
    We got here because a lot of people (like yourself) didn't seem to care about preventing a racist candidate from taking office, while many others actually supported him, which is exactly why it's hypocritical for you to act as you suddenly care about "minority voters" in an effort to attack the Democratic party.

That said, explain why you don't feel that it's important to vote against a party that supports a white nationalist agenda.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-20-2019 at 03:02 AM.

We got here because a lot of people (like yourself) didn't seem to care about preventing a racist candidate from taking office, while many others actually supported him, which is exactly why it's hypocritical for you to act as you suddenly care about "minority voters" in an effort to attack the Democratic party.

That said, explain why you don't feel that it's important to vote against a party that supports a white nationalist agenda.
    Put simply...

If I actually was someone who did not care, I never once would have said "You Are Counting On A Host Of Unsafe Assumptions, And Are About To Screw This Up."

Never mind saying it on a number of occasions.

Ultimate Member

If I actually was someone who did not care, I never once would have said "You Are Counting On A Host Of Unsafe Assumptions, And Are About To Screw This Up."

Never mind saying it on a number of occasions.
    An "unsafe assumption" is that a candidate with policies that can't even win the Democratic primary can win a general election against Trump.

Someone who actually cared would have spoken out and voted against him, and you'd be doing the same now instead of solely attacking Democrats.

Based on your actual actions, what you care about is dragging down the Democratic party -- usually to the benefit of your chosen candidate.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-20-2019 at 03:42 AM.

Washington Rep. Matt Shea engaged in domestic terrorism against U.S., says state House report

Is he on WBE's list?

State Rep. Matt Shea planned and participated in domestic terrorism against the United States before and during the armed takeover at Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, an investigation commissioned by the Washington state House found.

The 108-page report found that beginning in November 2015, Shea, working with militia leader Ammon Bundy, helped “in the planning and preparation” of the Malheur takeover, a six-week conflict in which dozens of armed protesters occupied the refuge in rural Eastern Oregon. The standoff ended after one protester was shot and killed and dozens were arrested.

“Representative Shea, as a leader in the Patriot Movement, planned, engaged in and promoted a total of three armed conflicts of political violence against the United States Government in three states outside the state of Washington over a three-year period,” according to the report released Thursday. “In one conflict Representative Shea led covert strategic pre-planning in advance of the conflict.”

Immediately after the report was released, Rep. J.T. Wilcox, the Republican minority leader of the House, said Shea “has been suspended from any role in the House Republican Caucus.”

“He should resign,” Wilcox wrote on Twitter. “He cannot use House Republican staff, he cannot meet with the caucus, his office will be moved.” Shea’s name and picture were removed from the House GOP website.

Shea said he would not step down, calling the investigation a “sham.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Giuliani alleges conspiracy against Trump, himself in South Florida speech

Rudy Giuliani, personal attorney to President Donald Trump, alleged Thursday in a screed delivered before an audience of thousands of students in South Florida a sweeping conspiracy in which Congress, the press and the U.S. justice system have persecuted both himself and the president while ignoring crimes by Democrats.

In a 44-minute speech delivered just 24 hours after the U.S. House impeached Trump, Giuliani said Democrats “made up” the basis for their articles of impeachment. He also claimed to have obtained irrefutable evidence that former Vice President Joe Biden profited for decades from his office and abused his power when he pushed in 2015 to oust a Ukrainian prosecutor widely regarded as being soft on corruption.

“There are five witnesses, three tapes, 35 documents,” Giuliani, a former U.S. Attorney in New York, said during a speech at the Student Action Summit in West Palm Beach for conservative youth organization Turning Point USA. “I could prosecute that case in three weeks and if I didn’t get a conviction I’d resign from practicing law. He’s so guilty it’s ridiculous.”
    Ah huh.....put up or shut up Rudy
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

WBE's profiled Shea before, yeah. Dude's a nightmare.