Page 200 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300700 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    No, the data is clear that the majority of the black vote supports Biden. In lopsided fashion. Much like the Latino vote is lopsided in favor of Bernie. I'm not picking and choosing, you're trying to give Bernie credit where he doesn't deserve it. He's improved his standing with black voters, but pick any polling service and it'll show a definitive advantage for Biden among black voters.

Wisconsin and Michigan will not deliver the Presidency. Even if Bernie would win them, Biden currently enjoys a significant advantage over him in Wisconsin. Michigan is closer, but still for Biden.

Can any conversation about Bernie with you be based in fact? Or should I just abandon that hope?
    If you concerned about fact you wouldn’t keep sneaking Buttegieg into the argument when you know his numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    "But young voters will save us"
    Yup, said the soon to be defeated politician.

Bernie's latino support is strong, but Biden's strength among black voters is even better. The simple truth is this, the two candidates with the most reliable support in the primary are Buttigeig and Biden.

If you're a progressive, I'm sure that fact is unfortunate. It is nevertheless a fact.
    As opposed to what, exactly?

The moderate Democrat whose sound strategy easily won the Presidency in 2016?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    If you concerned about fact you wouldn’t keep sneaking Buttegieg into the argument when you know his numbers
    It's my prediction that Buttigieg either wins Iowa or comes so close that it tilts the election significantly. I may be wrong about that, time will tell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    As opposed to what, exactly?

The moderate Democrat whose sound strategy easily won the Presidency in 2016?
    2016 was lost because people didn't like Hillary. It had zero to do with her being moderate or liberal or whatever other term you want to use. People didn't like Hillary Clinton.

And even if that wasn't true, progressive candidates have ZERO wins. Including even primaries. Let me rephrase in your style:

The progressive Independent who pretended to be a Democrat so he could use their structures to get elected and bitch about them later whose sound strategy easily won the 2016 Democratic Primary and didn't, in any way, lose by 12% and 3 million votes.

2016 was lost because people didn't like Hillary. It had zero to do with her being moderate or liberal or whatever other term you want to use. People didn't like Hillary Clinton.

And even if that wasn't true, progressive candidates have ZERO wins. Including even primaries. Let me rephrase in your style:

The progressive Independent who pretended to be a Democrat so he could use their structures to get elected and bitch about them later whose sound strategy easily won the 2016 Democratic Primary and didn't, in any way, lose by 12% and 3 million votes.
    While I do get that being the reality you want to believe is the entirety of it...

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/16/78823...emocratic-race

NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll: Biden, Sanders Lead 2020 Democratic Race
    And by a 49% to 42% margin, they say it's more important to have a nominee who will move in a different direction from former President Obama's policies. Among those who think it's more important to move past Obama's policies, Sanders leads the field with 28%, followed by Biden at 17%, Warren at 16% and Buttigieg at 9%.

BANNED

While I do get that being the reality you want to believe is the entirety of it...

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/16/78823...emocratic-race
    This poll's closeness is an outlier. Plus...it has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. None. Try again.
    Last edited by Theleviathan; 12-20-2019 at 08:01 PM.

This poll's closeness is an outlier. Plus...it has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. None. Try again.
    Since this was very clearly in that post...

I tend to disagree with that it has "Nothing..." to do with it.

If your assertion that 2016 was entirely about HRC being disliked, there is no reasonable scenario where folks would be saying that moving away from former President Obama's policies is what should happen.

Since we know that is clearly there in the polling, the idea that it was solely about HRC being disliked is at the very least incredibly suspect.

BANNED

Since this was very clearly in that post...

I tend to disagree with that it has "Nothing..." to do with it.

If your assertion that 2016 was entirely about HRC being disliked, there is no reasonable scenario where folks would be saying that moving away from former President Obama's policies is what should happen.

Since we know that is clearly there in the polling, the idea that it was solely about HRC being disliked is at the very least incredibly suspect.
    Is your poll from 2016? If not, I mean, I don't even know where to start with all the things wrong about your post.

The hilarious "Hillary/Kerry lost 2004/2016 therefore moderates will lose" is especially hilarious when....wait, let me make sure my data is actually from 2016. Yup, got it.....argument while Bernie lost by 12% in the damn primary is almost too rich to make up. Just stop. You've become such a Bernie fanatic you've left reality behind.

Love him all you want. Passionately campaign for his ideas. Just stop making ridiculous arguments please.

On my phone so linking is a pain but Shea has been expelled from the WA GOP and now has a primary opponent. There's talk that the state house might expel him altogether. In fairness to the state GOP, it is my understanding they agreed to the investigation that lead to this once some of his communications with extremists were revealed and were pretty prompt about it... but it's not like the writing wasn't on the wall with Shae ages ago, so it's only doing the right thing when the alternatives were finally exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    ...it’s only doing the right thing when the alternatives were finally exhausted...
    Pretty much the GOP slogan, isn’t it...?

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Pretty much the GOP slogan, isn’t it...?
    And an all around American one :P

US military academy says white nationalism is a-ok.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...ushpmg00000013

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yes, It Is Plainly Wrong To Meet Donors In A Billionaire’s Crystal Wine Cave

The superrich enjoy corrupt influence over politics — and some Democrats are just fine with that. And that SHOULDN'T be the case.

Trump Adviser Caught On Tape: Voter Suppression Key To GOP Battleground Efforts

Justin Clark was recorded at a private event saying: “That’s what you’re going to see in 2020. It’s going to be a much bigger program, a much more aggressive program.” Isn't it ironic that the party of American ethics can't win unless they cheat?

Trump Accuses Pelosi Of Quid Pro Quo And Proves He Doesn’t Know What It Means

The president suggested that the House speaker should be impeached for not transmitting the articles of impeachment against him to the Senate. More proof Dolt45 doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Meanwhile....

Ex-GOP Senator Issues Ominous Trump Trial Warning To Republican Former Colleagues

“President Trump is on trial. But in a very real sense, so are you,” Jeff Flake wrote in an editorial for The Washington Post. When IMPOTUS45 goes down, Republicans will go down with him.

Trump Is Readying Some Kind Of Homeless Crackdown

But his new homelessness czar won’t share any details about it. Why am I not surprised. More proof that when it comes to Trump, the cruelty IS the reason for everything he does.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-21-2019 at 03:41 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

This may sound weird, but Pete Buttigieg

Reminds me of Young Sheldon

I'm not sure that's a good thing.
    Last edited by Tami; 12-21-2019 at 07:30 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.