Page 215 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315715 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 17573

Gore won the election. Supreme courts political preference and voter suppression in Florida is what did him in, along with the fact of it being difficult to retain the presidency for three terms... So, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Gore won the election. Supreme courts political preference and voter suppression in Florida is what did him in, along with the fact of it being difficult to retain the presidency for three terms... So, no.
    How you see it(some of which I agree with) doesn't change that it is how a more "Moderate" Democrat fared.

It would be like us trying to create some sort of exception for Trump because he has been impeached. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    How you see it(some of which I agree with) doesn't change that it is how a more "Moderate" Democrat fared.

It would be like us trying to create some sort of exception for Trump because he has been impeached. Makes no sense.
    Bush was seen as a moderate too, kiddo, with a media portraying Gore as a wild-eyed climate radical and serial fabricator. You really don't understand our political history as well as you think you do. Moderate democrats do better in national elections, and in state-based ones in most cases. It's as Aja says.

Ultimate Member

Instead of constantly bashing moderates tell us -- without bias -- how progressives have fared in both Democratic primaries and national elections.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-28-2019 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Instead of constantly bashing moderates, tell us -- without bias -- how progressives have fared in both Democratic primaries and national elections.
    In a scenario where moderates are "0 Wins"/"Two Losses" in normal Presidential General Elections, progressives have matched that "0 Wins" number.

Ultimate Member

In a scenario where moderates are "0 Wins"/"Two Losses" in normal Presidential General Elections, progressives have matched that "0 Wins" number.
    So you're arguing that moderate Democrats have won O "normal" Presidential elections now.

Yeah, we're done.

So you're arguing that moderate Democrats have won O "normal" Presidential elections now.

Yeah, we're done.
    I'm still guffawing at 'normal'.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I'm still guffawing at 'normal'.
    The Simone Biles of mental gymnastics, but not nearly as graceful.

At this point I'd prefer Mets bullshit over yours thirty. At least he admits he's a Republican.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Flurry Of Anti-Semitic Attacks Emerge In New York City During Hanukkah

New York police are investigating at least six potential anti-Semitic assaults on victims as young as 6 years old. I remain convinced such attacks skyrocketed after Trump took office and made bigotry publicly kosher, pardon the pun.

Wealth Of World’s 500 Richest People Grew 25% This Year

Meanwhile, billionaires and income inequality have become key topics in the 2020 presidential race. And Michael Bloomberg is trying to buy his way into the White House. Even though he's out to topple Trump, the notion of another billionaire in the Oval Office who could skew things in favor of his fellow One Percenters is troubling.

Navy SEALs Detail Eddie Gallagher’s Gruesome Alleged War Crimes: Report

“I saw Eddie take a shot at probably a 12-year-old kid,” one SEAL told investigators. I've heard some of the audio and it's disturbing to say the least.

Trump Tariffs Hurt U.S. Manufacturing, Cost American Jobs: Federal Reserve Economists

The “small positive effect” of U.S. tariffs was more than offset by rising import costs and retaliatory tariffs, their paper concludes. Golly gee whillickers! Why am I NOT surprised?

Trump Retweets Meme That Jesus Likes Him Better Than Obama. Critics Raise Holy Hell.

“What part of Donald Trump’s past would Jesus be more proud of?” tweeted one wit. Lust, pride, greed, envy or wrath? More proof that Obama continues living rent free in Trump's head.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

There's definitely a conversation to be had about how the President can not only do war crimes, but is EXPECTED to do war crimes. How we got here, why it's so bad, how we can get out, that sort of thing. But if it's just gonna be part of the "But Obama-thon", I don't feel like typing it, I'm so very tired.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    There's definitely a conversation to be had about how the President can not only do war crimes, but is EXPECTED to do war crimes. How we got here, why it's so bad, how we can get out, that sort of thing. But if it's just gonna be part of the "But Obama-thon", I don't feel like typing it, I'm so very tired.
    Unfortunately, all Republican lemmings have to fall back on is “but Obama”, as if the missteps he made in eight years are in any way compatible to the near endless clusterfucks Trump authored in only three. And with impeachment on what passes for his brain, Trump will only be worse in 2020.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

You say a lot of things but few of them stand up to even basic scrutiny.

The most obvious of which is that a losing strategy should replace one that has won multiple elections.

Your claims of "oddities" are largely unsubstantiated as well -- you just say whatever is most convenient to your argument, regardless of the truth.
    Ross Perot took almost nineteen percent of the vote in the 1992 General Election.

If you have examples that point to that not being an oddity, it would be interesting to hear them.

Edit:

Never mind Buchanan getting North of two million votes during an attempt to primary a sitting President.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 12-28-2019 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Unfortunately, all Republican lemmings have to fall back on is “but Obama”, as if the missteps he made in eight years are in any way compatible to the near endless clusterfucks Trump authored in only three. And with impeachment on what passes for his brain, Trump will only be worse in 2020.
    People blame the EU for the Conservative led governments slashing of public spending over here. Right Wingers are oblivious.

BANNED

I wish I could post more gifs. Just goolge "WTF gifs" and insert your favorites.

Your disconnect from reality is stunning.