Page 225 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325725 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 17573

Millions of Fox News fans expected to lose their beloved channel at midnight: reports

Fox News is famous for its continuous high viewership, but contract disagreements between hundreds of mid-range and local cable providers and Fox could leave millions of customers without access to the channel, Gizmodo reports.

According to Gizmodo, the disputes stem from the fact that Fox is raising the price of a collective bargaining agreement with the providers to the tune of double-digits.

According to a report from the entertainment site CinemaBlend, Fox viewers can avoid having access to their beloved channel interrupted if all the cable providers simply agree to the fee hikes — which eventually result in raised prices for customers.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    This, it's a bit naïve to think everyone, let alone politicians, do what they think is best for other people.
    That's a lame excuse. "Yeah, Trump is selfish, but so is everyone else, so why care about anything?" Just a lame excuse for being too lazy to do anything positive for anyone other than yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    That's a shame.
    It's a shame they don't lose it for good. [Not all of it, just the worst parts].

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    That's a lame excuse. "Yeah, Trump is selfish, but so is everyone else, so why care about anything?" Just a lame excuse for being too lazy to do anything positive for anyone other than yourself.
    "Whataboutism- How fascists normalize fascists"
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Team Trump’s Furious Hunt to Find Out Who ‘Liked’ a Chelsea Clinton Tweet

On the evening of July 10, 2017, staffers at the U.S. mission to the European Union—the official office for the ambassador to the European Union—received an unusual call from the seventh floor of the State Department back in Washington. The office of then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was irate. Someone in Brussels with access to the mission’s Twitter account had liked the wrong tweet. It had set off alarm bells in Foggy Bottom.

The tweet wasn’t just any tweet. It was one written by Chelsea Clinton and directed at President Donald Trump in a public spat that took the internet by storm.
    That week in July, Trump drew criticism for his decision to let his daughter Ivanka fill his seat at the G-20 meeting of top economic powers in Hamburg, Germany. After days of the pile-on, Trump took to Twitter the morning of July 10 to claim his decision to have Ivanka represent the U.S. at the G-20 was “very standard” and that Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany agreed. Not more than 15 minutes later, he switched his tenor and began attacking Clinton and the press. “If Chelsea Clinton were asked to hold the seat for her mother, as her mother gave our country away, the Fake News would say CHELSEA FOR PRES!,” Trump said.

Clinton shot back: “It would never have occurred to my mother or my father to ask me. Were you giving our country away? Hoping not.”
    That tweet garnered more than half a million likes, including by the account for the U.S. mission to the European Union. That kickstarted a weeks-long investigation, prompted by the secretary’s office, into who exactly at the Brussels mission had access to the Twitter account and hit “Like” on Clinton’s tweet, according to two former U.S. officials. (Full disclosure: Clinton sits on the board of IAC, The Daily Beast’s parent company.) At least 10 people were interviewed about whether they, as administrators of the account, had mistakenly or deliberately pressed the “Like” button. All of them denied any wrongdoing, those sources said. One individual familiar with the exchanges said the secretary of state’s top managers in Washington “wanted blood” and called Brussels numerous times demanding the name of the culprit.

U.S. officials in Belgium were never able to give Tillerson’s office a name and soon after, the mission restructured the Twitter account and limited access to just two individuals.

The pettiness of this administration is going to have long, long, long lasting repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Aside from politics what is the news? Shootings, I guess, but half of those are political too.
    There are all sorts of things going on in the world. I find this thread depressing which is why I don't post in it much (or read it). Frankly, I don't know how you guys stand it day in day out.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    There are all sorts of things going on in the world. I find this thread depressing which is why I don't post in it much (or read it). Frankly, I don't know how you guys stand it day in day out.
    Politics has a direct impact on my life and the lives of my loved ones. Escaping that is a privilege you possess that I do not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    You can either make politics part of your life or you can be ruled over by those who do.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Your statement seems like a blanket statement, a judgement that it is impossible to actually have people who care about other people. If that were true, the human race would have died off long ago.

No one is perfect, and even the best of actiosn may have a somewhat selfish aspect to them, but I do believe that there are people out there who can and do try their best to help others. Even in the face of placing themselves in harms way.

There are are people, not just politicians, who are selfish, ignorant, corrupt, greedy, egotistical, power hungry, and so on. But not everyone is like that.
    It's more a statement on the position Mets keeps taking that various republicans do what they think will help the most americans as opposed to whoever is keeping them in power or themselves. Yes there are people trying to make things better for most people. I am just skeptical of there numbers in the republican ranks. Whether in leadership or just the rank and file.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Slow the roll on the hostility please. I was agreeing with your statement that Donny only cares about himself while also pointing out the flaw in Mets continuous claims that the republican party only does their crazy antics because they feel they are "helping the most people". Hence the everyone instead of anyone part. What I was trying to convey(badly it seems) is no different than the various "republicans need to stop claiming to be the party of people/financial responsibility/life" statements various other posters make all the time. If that level of reply was only because I quoted you consider this lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    "Whataboutism- How fascists normalize fascists"
    Considering the post chain I have to ask, is that in reference to me?
    Last edited by Farealmer; 01-01-2020 at 12:26 AM.

Mighty Member

post slip up.

Good news out of Illinois:

https://apnews.com/2536e69f5b4a6d80faa26a1837158581

CHICAGO (AP) — Illinois’ governor granted more than 11,000 pardons for low-level marijuana convictions on Tuesday, describing the step as a first wave of thousands of such expungements anticipated under the state’s new marijuana legalization law.
    The expungement process is a key part of the law, which takes effect Wednesday and made Illinois the 11th state to legalize marijuana for people 21 or older. When they crafted the policy, Illinois lawmakers said they wanted to repair some of the damage caused by law enforcement’s efforts to combat sale and use of the drug, particularly in minority communities.

While that is the good, it's my understanding that there will not even be one minority-owned license when sales start in the city of Chicago later on today.

In addition, the folks who did wind up buying WGN shuttered local cable news network CLTV yesterday at six pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Considering the post chain I have to ask, is that in reference to me?
    It's in reference to the dangers of "whataboutism".
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.