Page 23 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733731235231023 ... LastLast

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/1...ite-house-run/

HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard has announced she won’t seek re-election to Congress in 2020 so she can focus on her run for the White House.
    “I will not be seeking re-election to Congress in 2020, and humbly ask you for your support for my candidacy for president of the United States,” Gabbard said, in a video statement.
    The news that Gabbard won’t seek a fifth term representing Hawaii’s 2nd Congressional District opens the door to a highly-competitive race for her seat, and likely has repercussions for other local races.
    Gabbard announced her plans to run for president in January. And while she’s consistently polled at 2% or below nationally, she’s also generated lots of national headlines.
    Gee.

Almost like Hillary was right.

Why are we talking about the 2007 Trump sexual assault scandal like its a new thing ? I'm pretty damn sure (as are many others) that he raped his first wife. She claimed it then changed her statement when money started being thrown at legal teams and it looked like things would go south for her

Here's Gabbard appearing on Sean Hannity, criticizing the impeachment process.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1187544241427214336

Can everyone on the boarwd who stanned this woman for 'pro-peace' and 'progressive' views get around to realizing they were had?
    Last edited by Tendrin; 10-25-2019 at 01:25 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump Administration Responsible For More Than 5,400 Child Separations, ACLU Says

The figure includes more than 1,500 migrant children that were not previously disclosed by the Justice Department. This is beyond abhorrent!

Andrew Napolitano Schools Fox: Republicans Are Protesting Own Impeachment Rules

California Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff is “following the rules” passed by the GOP with closed-door impeachment questioning, the legal analyst said. I have no doubt Republicans are aware of those rules, they were just posturing for Trump's benefit.

Senate Confirms Another Trump Court Pick Rated ‘Not Qualified’ To Serve

Justin Walker, 37, lacks the experience to be a lifetime federal judge, says the American Bar Association. Republicans voted for him anyway. Yet ANOTHER reason Democrats have to take back the Senate to stop Republicans from installing hacks on the courts.

Albuquerque Sends Trump Campaign Bill For $211,000 To ‘Pay Our Taxpayers Back’

“Our resources for law enforcement are critical and limited,” the mayor said of the costs for Trump’s campaign visit there last month. Don't hold your breath, mayor, Trump the president remains every bit the welcher as Trump the business mogul.

White House Press Secretary: People Who Don’t Like Trump ‘Deserve’ To Be Called Scum

Stephanie Grisham defended the president’s tweet attacking his Republican critics as “human scum.” Yo, Steph! I've been called worse things by a better class of people than Donald Trump. I'll wear that as a badge of honor!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-25-2019 at 01:31 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It's fun how little play the 'human scum' line is getting compared to 'deplorables'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Here's Gabbard appearing on Sean Hannity, criticizing the impeachment process.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1187544241427214336

Can everyone on the boarwd who stanned this woman for 'pro-peace' and 'progressive' views get around to realizing they were had?
    Man, if Tulsi the Russian Asset is onstage for the next debate, the other candidates should rip her to shreds because she's parroting ALL the Republican talking points.

It's fun how little play the 'human scum' line is getting compared to 'deplorables'.
    Unless I've read this all wrong, it is a "GOP" party issue. No?

Seems like the Tweet in question was about the "Never Trump" group of Republicans.

While it's an issue, it's not exactly "Apple"/"Apple" when you compare it to a line that was seemingly about supporters of a political candidate from an opposing party.

I don't like the comparison. Hillary called out people who were racist and sexist and embraced Trump because of that. It didn't have to do with people who didn't support her, but who had terrible views.

Trump is trying to call out people who just don't give him blind support. He doesn't have enough of a moral compass to know what's a good and bad quality in a human being.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

On this date in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, as well as 2018, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of Lawrence Lockman, a member of the Maine House of Representatives since 2013, who spent most of the 1980s forming an anti-government militia group that called for the dissolution of the IRS, even once dressing up as Dracula outside of a local IRS office to protest their presence, eventually instead focusing his attentions to spreading misinformation about the AIDS virus publicly (he liked to warn people you could catch it from toilet seats), and using it as a part of the public consciousness to demonize the gay community whenever possible,. In the 1990s, Lockman was claiming that tolerance of gays was leading to a point where children would be “indoctrinated” as homosexuals in schools. The disgusting opinions Lockman holds know no bounds, and he freely provided them in opinion editorials in Maine newspapers, including one where he expressed his humble opinion that “If a woman has (the right to abortion), why shouldn’t a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman? At least the rapist’s pursuit of sexual freedom doesn’t (in most cases) result in anyone’s death.” Yes, he’s that terrible, and after laying low from 2000-2012, he reappeared to run for the Maine House of Representatives, winning office for the first time in 2012, before anyone really did much digging into his past to learn how extreme he truly is. Lockman’s name turns up every now and then in the local Maine papers, as one of the few people who tries to spin the ramblings of insane Governor Paul LePage and argue as to why LePage shouldn’t be impeached.

And by no means has Lockman ever apologized for his previous controversies, or learned his lesson. He’s become fervently anti-immigrant of late, echoing Donald Trump, and when he got a speaking engagement at Portland State University in February of 2017, he got hundreds of protesters to show up and cuss him out. Hell, it was only a few months ago back in March of 2017 that he wrote yet another opinion editorial in the Bangor Daily News where he raged against illegal immigrants in Maine, inflating the statistical number of illegal immigrants in their state from the actual less than 1,000 there to “over 5,000” an falsely claiming that they receive welfare benefits and whining about how that money (that isn’t being given to them) would be better given to our veterans while blaming “liberals” for it.

How much of a s*** is Lawrence Lockman? Well, he doesn’t believe in legal protections for women, or minorities LGBT citizens, but yet, he drafted legislation that would shield politicians from being investigated or prosecuted for their political views, including (but not limited to) climate change denialism… because THAT totally is a form of bigotry in this country.

But if there were any doubt of whether or not Lockman is racist, look no further than a mass e-mail he sent out in January of 2018 where he claimed that immigrant welcome centers are a part of “the Left’s War on Whites”. Fit this man for a robe and pointy hat, ladies and gentlemen.

Lockman was, regrettably, re-elected in 2018 to a fourth term in office, with 59% of the vote, a higher total than you would want to see a rape advocate and HIV Truther get after he only snuck into office by less than a hundred votes only a few years earlier. The only good news we have is... Lockman is term-limited in 2020, and if he can't weasel his way onto a seat on the Maine State Senate, next year might be the last time we have to mention this misanthrope.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I don't like the comparison. Hillary called out people who were racist and sexist and embraced Trump because of that. It didn't have to do with people who didn't support her, but who had terrible views.

Trump is trying to call out people who just don't give him blind support. He doesn't have enough of a moral compass to know what's a good and bad quality in a human being.
    I mean, I agree with you, man, but I'm mostly talking about the reactions to it rather than the comparisons themselves.

I mean, I agree with you, man, but I'm mostly talking about the reactions to it rather than the comparisons themselves.
    Well, you just aren't going to get the same reaction out of a Republican calling a group of fellow Republicans "Human Scum".

Half of the people working at the cable news outfits probably actually believe it to be the case.

No big whoop if someone actually comes out and says it.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Well, you just aren't going to get the same reaction out of a Republican calling a group of fellow Republicans "Human Scum".

Half of the people working at the cable news outfits probably actually believe it to be the case.

No big whoop if someone actually comes out and says it.
    I'm not surprised you don't see the problem here.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly I hope the next President (hopefully its a Democrat) comes in and issues an Executive order dismissing all of Trump's picks for Federal court due to issues of not having experience etc. I could see Mitch McConnell's head explode as he goes ape shit trying to defend putting idiots in these positions. All because they fit his far right beliefs.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly I hope the next President (hopefully its a Democrat) comes in and issues an Executive order dismissing all of Trump's picks for Federal court due to issues of not having experience etc. I could see Mitch McConnell's head explode as he goes ape shit trying to defend putting idiots in these positions. All because they fit his far right beliefs.
    Speaking of McConnell, that snub is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Best thing I've seen all damn week!