Page 255 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355755 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 17573

They've been trying to make this dude go away for months. MONTHS.

I'd have name dropped him, but county assessor isn't at the level of elected official that I profile people.

Still, Republicans elected a human slaver.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

I'd have name dropped him, but county assessor isn't at the level of elected official that I profile people.

I’m sure he was only doing what he felt was the best for the most people.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I’m sure he was only doing what he felt was the best for the most people.
    Yeah, he just had such a limited definition of "people".
    Poor? Foreign? WOMEN? Nah, those can't be people.
    But himself and the people that can afford to buy slaves, those are definitely people.

Don't worry. In a few years time, after his time in prison, the GOP will elect him to congress.

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, as well as 2019, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of Terry England, a member of the Georgia House of Representatives from District 116, serving since 2004 and pushing for legislation on things like drug testing welfare recipients, putting guns everywhere, and curbing voting rights. Plus, he denies the existence of climate change. Outside of an extreme voting record, though, England's claim to shame was back in 2012 during a debate over a ban on abortion at 20 weeks, where he was arguing that pregnant women whose child became stillborn after that time should be forced to carry it to term, at risk to their health, because as he put it, he'd seen this sort of thing on the farm with cows and chickens. Yes, that really happened, and there's video.

As we noted about England in his first profile, he has been allowed to run for office virtually unopposed since the 2006 elections, save for one write-in challenger in 2010 who got a meager three dozen votes against him. And yes, in spite of his disgusting comments comparing women to livestock, this happened AGAIN in 2018, where he yet again went without a challenger for his seat in the Georgia state legislature.

Since we last checked in on him, he has voted for more anti-choice insanity, including a fetal heartbeat abortion bill that would effectively ban abortion in Georgia at 6 weeks (when most women don’t even realize they’re pregnant). He also voted for a highly unconstitutional bill to try and authorize biblical classes in public high schools, and voted against a bill to establish punishments for hate crimes.

We’re really hoping that 2020 is the first year where Terry England gets a serious challenger, because he’s not going to wake up one day and stop being a regressive twit.

Iran launches missiles against U.S. military sites in Iraq.

Trump's tweet:

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Iran launches missiles against U.S. military sites in Iraq.

Trump's tweet:

I've heard Caramel Caligula is supposed to give a speech this morning. That should be interesting.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I've heard Caramel Caligula is supposed to give a speech this morning. That should be interesting.
    How long into the address do we give him before he derails completely and starts talking about how great he is, or how this is all Hillary/Obama/Biden’s fault?

Or will it be one of those sullen, scripted, Trump-clearly-doesn’t-want-to-be-there-because-it’s-not-all-about-him addresses?

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    How long into the address do we give him before he derails completely and starts talking about how great he is, or how this is all Hillary/Obama/Biden’s fault?

Or will it be one of those sullen, scripted, Trump-clearly-doesn’t-want-to-be-there-because-it’s-not-all-about-him addresses?
    Probably a little of both. I suspect Trump knows he miscalculated, thinking Iran wouldn't retaliate after his bluster filled tweet threats over the weekend. Given there were no American deaths or even injuries in last night's missile attacks, I doubt he knows how to respond, the only certainty (and I hope I'm wrong about this) is that de-escalation isn't part of the plan, that would make him look weak in the eyes of GOP warhawks egging him on to launch a war, and to the MAGA maggots relentlessly cheering him on. If he loses support of either, or both, he's done. This is just a guess, but I think Trump knows he's in over his head here, but he's never going to admit that, nor will he back down, taking a backward step isn't in his DNA. This will sound cruel as ****, but I truly believe Trump would rather send soldiers to the Middle East to fight and die than admit he was wrong about the strikes he ordered that killed Suleimani. I hope and pray that won't be the case.

It seems Iran warned Iraq prior to the strike and Iraq informed the US

So this might be political theater, and might give both sides an out if both sides cooler heads prevail. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...sfy-both-sides

But again this depends on calm leadership, and we've got Trump....
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    It seems Iran warned Iraq prior to the strike and Iraq informed the US

So this might be political theater, and might give both sides an out if both sides cooler heads prevail. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...sfy-both-sides

But again this depends on calm leadership, and we've got Trump....
    And therein lies the problem. I'm not sure Trump wants the situation with Iran to de-escalate, because the minute it's pushed onto the back burner, if not off the stove altogether, the focus almost immediately shifts right back to the impeachment drama, the reason, in my opinion (and probably others) Trump launched the strike on Suleimani in the first place, to distract everyone from the threat to his presidency.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-08-2020 at 06:21 AM.

And therein lies the problem. I'm not sure Trump wants the situation with Iran to de-escalate, because the minute it's pushed onto the back burner, if not off the stove altogether, the focus almost immediately shifts right back to the impeachment drama, the reason, in my opinion (and probably others) Trump launched the strike on Suleimani in the first place, to distract everyone from the threat to his presidency.
    Iraq still wants Americans out, last I heard. As does the Iranians.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

The military was suppose to assess the damage/injuries sustained from the Iranian missiles this morning. It should have been done by now but I can't find any news on it. My concern is that trump will censor the military and his administration will be speaking for them.

In case anyone didn't catch the news

Iran crash: Ukraine Boeing with 176 onboard comes down near Tehran

A passenger plane bound for the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv, has crashed a few minutes after taking off from Tehran’s main international airport, killing 176 people.

Iran’s Red Crescent said there was no chance of finding survivors, and Pir Hossein Kulivand, an Iranian emergency official, later told state TV all those onboard had been killed.

Victims of the crash included 82 Iranians, 63 Canadians, 11 Ukrainians, 10 Swedes, four Afghans, three Germans and three Britons, according to Ukraine’s foreign minister, Vadym Prystaiko. Most of the passengers were en route to Kyiv, transiting through there to other destinations.
    Iranian officials said the plane’s engine had caught fire, causing the pilot to lose control. A statement initially posted on the website of the Ukrainian embassy in Iran ruled out an act of terror and said the crash had been caused by an engine malfunction. However, this was later redacted, with the embassy stating that all information would be provided by an official commission.

The black box containing vital records of how the plane crashed has been located in a field among the debris outside Tehran, but Iran said it would not hand the device over to plane maker Boeing. It is not clear whether Iranian authorities are disputing the legality of handing over the black box to Boeing, a US company, or whether they are seeking to inspect the box themselves.

The news has fuelled speculation that there was something suspicious about the downing of the plane.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

iMan 42s

Starting a foreign conflict that everyone gave the stink eye on in an effort to divert attention from the trial that already has enough republicans to save his ass on is just dumb enough I can see Trump doing it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.