Page 268 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368768 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 17573

That's odd, because the last time I checked, it was Wall Street s***ing their pants at the prospect of a President Warren, not a President Sanders.

Maybe because they know the latter is all empty talk or something. I dunno.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    That's odd, because the last time I checked, it was Wall Street s***ing their pants at the prospect of a President Warren, not a President Sanders.

Maybe because they know the latter is all empty talk or something. I dunno.
    They didn't think he could win.

"Investors are underestimating the likelihood of a President Bernie Sanders, according to billionaire Jeff Gundlach.

Gundlach, who correctly predicted Trump's presidency, believes Sanders is the "odds-on favorite" to win the Democratic presidential nomination.

"Financial markets broadly will have to deal with the fact there could be a scare," Gundlach, said during a webcast Tuesday evening.

And Gundlach did not rule out that Sanders could beat Trump.

A Sanders presidency could be a worst-case scenario for Wall Street. The US senator has vowed to take on big banks, raise taxes on corporations and the rich, curb stock buybacks and outlaw fracking.

Yet near-record stock prices suggest investors are not pricing in much of a chance of Sanders taking the White House.

Sanders is only given a 31% chance of winning the Democratic nomination on predictions market PredictIt, compared with 43% for Biden.

"Bernie is stronger than people think," Gundlach said.

Gundlach is skeptical about the other leading Democrats, arguing Pete Buttigieg is "so very young," the party won't nominate a billionaire like Michael Bloomberg and Elizabeth Warren is "down for the count."

And Gundlach reminded investors that many doubted Trump's ability to win the 2016 GOP nomination."

https://edition.cnn.com/business/liv...e0db66e1f7a302

They assumed the nominee was going to be Biden or Warren. They'll start shitting themselves after Bernie wins Iowa.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

On this date in 2015, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" ran a profile of the former U.S. Senator from Arizona, Jon Kyl, whose quarter century career in Congress finished rather distastefully, as during the GOP’s 2011 efforts to defund Planned Parenthood, he took to the floor to smear the organization, saying “abortions are 90% of what Planned Parenthood does”. When fact-checkers informed the Senator he was off by about, oh… 30 times what their annual budget is spent on (and none of the money they spend on abortion is government funded), Kyl offered no apologies and said that portion of his speech was “not intended to be a factual statement”. Kyl also justified the passage of SB 1070 by Arizona Republicans by saying illegal immigration had led to Phoenix becoming “the kidnapping capitol of the United States”, which was also false. He also tried claiming eliminating the Bush era tax cuts would not help close the annual budget deficit of the U.S., so it really was a bit of a habit. He was always terribly partisan, including his vote to impeach Bill Clinton during that administration as a member of the House, and in the Senate during the Obama administration, he compared the president’s remarks about the attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi to “a judge telling a woman she deserved to be raped for how she was dressed”. Which is shocking, but also doesn’t make a lick of sense. Jon Kyl retired, only to come out of retirement to be appointed to the Senate again for a few months for the privilege of voting for Brett Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court, only to skulk back to Arizona and into retirement again. Thus, his blatant lies are no longer a part of the Senate (the rest of the Republicans in it are more than making up for what dishonesty void he left).

In both 2016, 2017, 2018, as well as in 2019, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published its profiles of Tom Morrison, an incredibly homophobic member of the Illinois House of Representatives, who first entered the fray in politics back in the Tea Party Wave of 2010. Back in March of 2013, where he began responding to e-mails from several constituents inquiring about forthcoming legislation that would legalize same sex marriage, and he felt the need to make a “slippery slope” argument beyond the pale. In one, Morrison suggested that legal gay marriage would open the door to also legalize bisexual polygamy. But that apparently wasn’t enough homophobic fear-mongering for Morrison, as a month later, he sent another response to a constituent that not only included the polygamy comparison, but also mentioned that legalizing same sex marriage could lead to marriages between a man and “a consenting 9-year-old girl”. After taking a beating when the public found out about it, Morrison apologized and claimed his e-mail was written “in haste” and he doesn’t actually equate gay marriage to statutory rape, even though it was pretty plain that’s exactly what he was doing. If supporting bans on same sex marriage weren't enough, Tom Morrison has also voted against bans on the practice of gay conversion therapy, so there's that, as well. Morrison didn’t back off of his anti-LGBT stances going into 2016, as he added transphobia to his resume, submitting HB 4474 back in January of 2016 to try and institute bathroom regulations on the transgendered to use the bathroom of the gender they were born as. It mercifully failed to pass without incident.

Morrison’s voting record continues to show his disdain for those in the LGBTQ community in 2017, as he voted against HB 1785, a bill that allowed transgendered citizens in Illinois the right to change their gender on their birth certificate records. Of course, that wasn’t the only ridiculous vote he participated in, as he also voted against an increase in the minimum wage in Illinois (during the greatest period of income inequality in our nation’s history), and when a bill turned up to ban “bump” stocks that can turn a semi-automatic weapon into a fully automatic one after the greatest mass shooting in American history occurred in Las Vegas, he voted against that as well.

This intolerant twit got to run for re-election in 2016 unopposed in either the GOP Primary or the general election to allow for another two years of him continuing his narrow-minded crusade against the LGBTQ community. In 2018, we regret to inform you that he held onto his seat in the Illinois state legislature by a whopping 43 votes, out of almost 43,000 cast. This was in spite of Morrison being identified as a supporter of a pastor in Arizona convicted in court for physically abusing children. That’s right, the holier-than-thou Republican who’s convinced letting gay people get married would lead to them having sex with children is actually perfectly fine with the abuse of children, so long as you do it while preaching the gospel.

And so, with another term in office, Morrison continued his transphobic crusade, sponsoring legislation last March to punish doctors who treat transgendered youth with hormone treatments. There are already three Democratic candidates looking to unseat Tom Morrison in 2020, including Maggie Trevor, who’s looking to avenge her 43 vote loss. We’re hoping that one of them can put an end to this bigoted twit.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    They didn't think he could win.
    And yet, now that he's in the lead, there's still crickets from everyone on the right about Bernie.

Because they know he's a toothless lion.

And yet, now that he's in the lead, there's still crickets from everyone on the right about Bernie.

Because they know he's a toothless lion.
    "Donald Trump Is Starting To Fixate On Bernie Sanders"

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...e-sanders-2020

"Trump campaign steps up attacks on Sanders"

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...cks-on-sanders
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

I can post right wing attacks on Bernie Sanders if you want.

But do you want me to link to articles from The Federalist, The Blaze, Washington Examiner, Red State and other right wing rags?
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

"Donald Trump Is Starting To Fixate On Bernie Sanders"

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...e-sanders-2020

"Trump campaign steps up attacks on Sanders"

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...cks-on-sanders
    Donald Trump has attacked Sen. Blumenthal more than Sanders. And he's not even running for president.

They don't attack Bernie because they know he has a bunch of fanatic suckers who will ratf*** the eventual nominee, and if they stay silent, they can get them to do their dirty work for him,.

If this sounds familiar, it's because it's what also happened in 2016, and the same trap you're ready to fall into now.

I can post right wing attacks on Bernie Sanders if you want.

But do you want me to link to articles from The Federalist, The Blaze, Washington Examiner, Red State and other right wing rags?
    We're not talking about the far right loons. We're talking about Wall Street and the actual media.

Donald Trump has attacked Sen. Blumenthal more than Sanders. And he's not even running for president.

They don't attack Bernie because they know he has a bunch of fanatic suckers who will ratf*** the eventual nominee, and if they stay silent, they can get them to do their dirty work for him,.

If this sounds familiar, it's because it's what also happened in 2016, and the same trap you're ready to fall into now.
    I know you and many other Hillary supporters are upset about her losing in 2016. I am too, it gave us Trump.

But you're going to have to make your peace with Bernie. He's going to be the nominee.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

We're not talking about the far right loons. We're talking about Wall Street and the actual media.
    I linked you to a story from 4 days ago. Wall Street doesn't think Bernie can win.

The attacks will come after he wins Iowa.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

I know you and many other Hillary supporters are upset about her losing in 2016. I am too, it gave us Trump.

But you're going to have to make your peace with Bernie. He's going to be the nominee.
    I will support Bernie if he wins.

Hell, I voted for him in the primary four years ago, so stop projecting the "Hillary Supporter bulls***".

In this field, though, I think there's a better progessive than him (Warren) and prior to that, I also liked Harris.

Because a lot of them, like Bernie, aren't actually Democrats.
    What I am is well aware that while I'm able to support the eventual nominee, and die-hard Bernie supporters have not shown themselves wise enough to do that.

I will support Bernie if he wins.

Hell, I voted for him in the primary four years ago, so stop projecting the "Hillary Supporter bulls***".

In this field, though, I think there's a better progessive than him (Warren) and prior to that, I also liked Harris.

Because a lot of them, like Bernie, aren't actually Democrats.
    What I am is well aware that while I'm able to support the eventual nominee, and die-hard Bernie supporters have not shown themselves wise enough to do that.
    It doesn't matter because he's going to be the nominee.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Wall Street doesn't think Bernie can win.
    Thank you for proving my point. They're not scared of Bernie, because they know he's toothless.

It doesn't matter because he's going to be the nominee.
    And if he isn't, will you support the Democratic nominee? Or are you locked in out of spite, like you're projecting yourself to be?

Thank you for proving my point. They're not scared of Bernie, because they know he's toothless.
    They're not scared because they don't think he'll win the nomination.

And if he isn't, will you support the Democratic nominee? Or are you locked in out of spite, like you're projecting yourself to be?
    I'm in California, so it doesn't matter if I vote or not but I will still vote for the nominee.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us