Page 29 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339791295291029 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    In that he didn't murder 3000 Americans, sure, but he's at the head of an organization responsible for immeasurable carnage in a large number of people's lives. While the damage he did will live on well after him, I'm glad he won't be able to hurt anyone anymore.

I think you're showing a western-oriented bias here.
    Nah, I'm just thinking world wide. Osama bin Laden was on the run for a decade and his name was literally everywhere during that time (from TV shows to the news).

Edit - I honestly doubt Trump will get as much mileage as he would like out of this guy's possible demise.

Edit Two - I spent several years in East Asia and many people were talking about him there all the time.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-26-2019 at 10:33 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Dangerous Winds Expected To Worsen California Blaze, Forcing Mass Evacuations

About 90,000 residents have been ordered to evacuate and more than 2 million are expected to lose power.

Sondland Testified Trump Ukraine Pressure Was Quid Pro Quo, His Lawyer Tells WSJ

Ambassador to the E.U. Gordon Sondland believed the White House meeting sought by Ukraine President Zelensky depended on an agreement to open a Biden probe, according to his attorney. Quid pro quo, eh? What a shock!

White House Denies John Kelly’s Impeachment Remark: He Can’t Handle Trump’s ‘Genius’

The former chief of staff said earlier that he warned Trump against hiring a “yes man” because it would get him impeached. Well, that certainly seems to have been the case.

Trump Still Hasn’t Addressed Pittsburgh Shooting Suspect’s Anti-Refugee Views

The Tree of Life attacker made an explicit connection between the Jewish refugee resettlement organization HIAS and his desire to kill Jews, says the group’s leader. And Trump won't say **** about that either since he won't risk pissing off his white supremacist base.

Company Linked To Trump Brother Won $33 Million Federal Contract: Washington Post

A competitor charged in a complaint that the company “trades” on the Trump name, presenting the “appearance of preferential treatment.” And the Trump grifting continues.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I understand theirs a large violent protest going on in Chile atm ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Putting $5 down that he actually says, "A lot of people tried to do it. Obama tried to do it, but he couldn't. But I DID IT."

And then he forgets to thank the troops who carried out the raid.
    I thought he pulled the troops out of Syria though.

Reminder:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...49166776852480

Stop congratulating Obama for killing Bin Laden. The Navy Seals killed Bin Laden. #debate
    If Trump tries to take credit for killing Baghdadi, don't give it to him. He definitely doesn't want it.

Trump supporter, who went viral because of absurd video calling on immigrants to “respect our laws,” (and being laughed at by Green Shirt Guy) has been...arrested for identity theft.

The charge is commonly used to prosecute undocumented immigrants who use a fictitious name or someone's identity to obtain a job in Arizona.

But in this case, Harrison is accused of taking "the identity of another by accessing an elderly victim's hotel points," according to a probable cause statement.

Police allege she did this on Sept. 30 to make a hotel reservation in Northern California to attend a rock music festival, the statement says.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

I wake up to news reports of the ISIS leader being killed or something, and I'm confused considering that Trump pulled out troops in Syria. There is something strange about this.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I wake up to news reports of the ISIS leader being killed or something, and I'm confused considering that Trump pulled out troops in Syria. There is something strange about this.
    One theory I read was that Erdogan was giving Baghdadi shelter, and ratted him out to get back in Trump's good books.

Another theory is that the new instability made him go on the move after lying low, which made it easier to get him.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    One theory I read was that Erdogan was giving Baghdadi shelter, and ratted him out to get back in Trump's good books.

Another theory is that the new instability made him go on the move after lying low, which made it easier to get him.
    I got the feeling that he was taken out last April and that it was only confirmed recently.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post

I’m inclined to accept the latter theory. I mean, why would Erdogan care about being in Trump’s good graces?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Why am I not surprised? Trump makes his slurping of Putin so blatant.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh alcohol, I drink to your health.

Trump implies "if they would have listened to me" that perhaps we would have gotten Osama before the WTC. Because he identified the threat before then. In a book. And he doesn't get any credit for it. And earlier, that getting Baghdadi was more important than getting Osama.

@EsperDoD
    tells me:

the purpose of the raid was to capture al-Baghdadi;
    2 US servicemembers were injured but both now back on duty;
    US tried to get al-Baghdadi to surrender before he killed himself.
    Twitter Link

In other words, this wasn't the most well planed out mission and it didn't go as intended.