Page 291 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391791 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 17573
    Astonishing Member

CNN released the conversation Sanders and Warren had.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/202...ange/23901695/

"I think you called me a liar on national TV," Warren told Sanders according to a recording released by CNN.

"What?" The Vermont Senator responded.

"I think you called me a liar on national TV," she repeated.

"You know, let's not do it right now. If you want to have that discussion, we'll have that discussion," Sanders said.

"Anytime." Warren shot back.

"You called me a liar,” Sanders then countered. “You told me — all right, let's not do it now.
    Sanders is right, that wasn't the place to have that conversation but if Warren is bold enough to confront him over it, it makes her look like she's telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    No.

Voters were cheated.

As for "Conducted Like Every Other Primary..."?

That's either...

- A Provably "Hot Garbage..." Assertion

or

- The Democratic Party Is Worse Than Even I Think That They Are
    Just wondering if you know the history of how Parties have chosen candidates. Sorry if you feel actual party members have no right to decide.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

No.

Voters were cheated.

That's either...

or

Yeah, voters weren't 'cheated'. IF they didn't join the Democratic party in states that don't have open primaries, they weren't 'cheated'. That's nonsense and you spreading your typical load of bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Just wondering if you know the history of how Parties have chosen candidates. Sorry if you feel actual party members have no right to decide.
    Didn't say that.

I said that you don't get to set rules that would be unthinkable in a general and sometimes pull shady stuff while you say that "No One Was Cheated..."

If you are doing one, you are doing the other. Maybe not the hugest "Cheat..." that has ever been, but it's just a silly for the party to throw it's hands up and say "What, Us?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yeah, voters weren't 'cheated'. IF they didn't join the Democratic party in states that don't have open primaries, they weren't 'cheated'. That's nonsense and you spreading your typical load of bull.
    If there was a universal instance where a non-resgistered party members vote counted as less than "One", you would have a perfectly valid point.

As it actually is, it's a party that sets rules that no one could in a General. It's a "Cheat" even if it's not some huge one.

The party getting honest with itself about that would be a good first step.

And honestly?

The same goes for the Republican Party.

A partially counted vote could have potentially denied Trump the nomination.

That could have been one post, or edited into one post.

Man, Republicans need to quit grumbling about not getting to call Wile E. Coyote as a witness in Trump's impeachment.

If Trump actually didn't do anything, cut a deal where a couple of the folks Democrats want testify and get on with that they most likely are going to clear Trump no matter what they say.

To change the subject, this Lev Parnus interview is brutal for everyone connected to Trump. Not that any GOPer will admit it
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Regardless of whoever will win the democratic nomination, the nominee should better devise a strategy that will win at least 270 electoral votes. Or America will see four more years of Trump.

A dumb wuss leading a nation of dumb wusses. No wonder the world laughs at them. This generation is worthy of the label "America's dumbest generation". If they fought in the WWII, Americans would be speaking German today.

America, being too divided, may not deserve a strong leader, but America needs a strong and wise leader.

BANNED

No.

Voters were cheated.

That's either...

or

Last I checked, Bernie asked to use the infrastructure for nomination that the Democrats built. He knew what he signed up for.

He didn't get cheated even a little bit. He lost by 12%. 3 million votes. All while a party he had rejected for 30 years gave him more of a platform than he ever deserved or could've achieved without them.

Cheated indeed. Good lord.

Just like I'd say "Oh, brother..." to a party that's like "Well, we ain't actually cheating anyone out of being involved here..." while you would have to register with a party that had a direct hand in voting for the Iraq War/played a direct role in mass incarceration/has consistently drug it's heels on even discussing reasonable drug laws to participate in some of it's primaries.
    Registering for a party is a reasonable requirement for primaries.

Making it impossible for registered independents in New York to join the Democratic party in time for the 2016 presidential primary if they happened to learn about a candidate they like after October 10 2015 is a different story.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...r-registration

There is also the question about whether DNC officials made decisions that favored a particular candidate. If so, a discussion of the final vote tally (which includes results in later primaries when campaigns lost momentum/ have been suspended) isn't the end of the conversation.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    To change the subject, this Lev Parnus interview is brutal for everyone connected to Trump. Not that any GOPer will admit it
    Exactly, it doesn't matter in the end (due to the makeup of the Senate and the supermajority rule). The only way to defeat Trump is at the ballot box.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Registering for a party is a reasonable requirement for primaries.

Making it impossible for registered independents in New York to join the Democratic party in time for the 2016 presidential primary if they happened to learn about a candidate they like after October 10 2015 is a different story.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...r-registration

There is also the question about whether DNC officials made decisions that favored a particular candidate. If so, a discussion of the final vote tally (which includes results in later primaries when campaigns lost momentum/ have been suspended) isn't the end of the conversation.
    NY does have so BS rules for the primaries. Like you can only sign a petition for one candidate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    CNN released the conversation Sanders and Warren had.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/202...ange/23901695/

Sanders is right, that wasn't the place to have that conversation but if Warren is bold enough to confront him over it, it makes her look like she's telling the truth.
    Sanders is right that it wsan't the time and place. But if Warren is that bothered by this, I'm surprised she wasn't more aggressive in the debate.