Page 314 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364414814 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I don't see how it's corruption if Biden's kids use their father's name to get ahead in business. Unless he picks up a phone and helps them get those jobs, this is on the kids.

What is he supposed to do, publicly disown all his kids and tell people not to hire them?
    If your son is getting a check from an outfit you are going to bat for, it's corruption.

Having to ignore that reality to try to paint a picture where it is above board says everything that needs to be said.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    They also cleared the deck so every other challenge was gone, allowing the little-known Senator to have a much larger platform than he ever would have achieved as an independent. Yes, the Dems wanted to avoid that, but in the end Bernie idolatry ended up happening anyway.

He lost by 12% and millions of vote. Nothing about the primary caused that to happen. He got his ass kicked. Whining about how the Dems didn't shower him with roses even though they let him march in the parade, build his float for him, and made sure he was the only other one in the parade....is ridiculous. The facts aren't inconvenient for me at all.
    They didn’t clear the deck. Everyone knew they were deadset on running Clinton so most of the establishment stayed away. Maybe you weren’t following politics but the two years prior to the primary was whether there would be any challenge whatsoever to Clinton. They rightly recognized it would be a time waster to go up against her. Bernie tried to get Warren to run, and failing that went in to push it left and then he blew up (maybe because there were a lot of people who weren’t crazy about Clinton)

There’s all an intellectual difference between saying the primary was slanted and saying it was the determinative factor in the outcome. Sanders likely would have lost regardless. But people had a problem with the process and it was evident by the Chair if the DNC resigning and joining Hillary Clinton campaigning. If you can’t admit to that I can’t engage with you because it’s not an honest discussion at that point.

The Republicans in the Senate are shitting all over the law and human decency, blatantly disregarding facts in order to protect the Pussy-Grabber in Chief and their hold on the reins of power, and we’re still arguing over how bad Bernie was treated in 2016.

But Bernie Bros aren’t an obsessed cult happy to watch the world burn because their guy didn’t win four years ago, or anything...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    They didn’t clear the deck. Everyone knew they were deadset on running Clinton so most of the establishment stayed away. Maybe you weren’t following politics but the two years prior to the primary was whether there would be any challenge whatsoever to Clinton. They rightly recognized it would be a time waster to go up against her. Bernie tried to get Warren to run, and failing that went in to push it left and then he blew up (maybe because there were a lot of people who weren’t crazy about Clinton)

There’s all an intellectual difference between saying the primary was slanted and saying it was the determinative factor in the outcome. Sanders likely would have lost regardless. But people had a problem with the process and it was evident by the Chair if the DNC resigning and joining Hillary Clinton campaigning. If you can’t admit to that I can’t engage with you because it’s not an honest discussion at that point.
    That's what clearing the deck is. The only people with a problem about the process was Bernie supporters. The DNC then bent over backwards to appease them (a huge mistake) and now we'll hear every four years about some thing or another that is "slanted" against them. Tulsi Gabbard is using that argument about why she isn't on the debate stage anymore. So will the next 1% polling schmo who thinks if they cry "The DNC was out to get me!!!" and has vitriolic enough worshippers they'll get a bone thrown their way.

The Democrats gave Bernie infinitely more than he deserved and he still couldn't even finish within 10%. Complaining about it is pathetic. You can worship your idol without telling us he rose on the second day and rolled a big ass boulder out of the way that the DNC put there.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    That's what clearing the deck is. The only people with a problem about the process was Bernie supporters. The DNC then bent over backwards to appease them (a huge mistake) and now we'll hear every four years about some thing or another that is "slanted" against them. Tulsi Gabbard is using that argument about why she isn't on the debate stage anymore. So will the next 1% polling schmo who thinks if they cry "The DNC was out to get me!!!" and has vitriolic enough worshippers they'll get a bone thrown their way.

The Democrats gave Bernie infinitely more than he deserved and he still couldn't even finish within 10%. Complaining about it is pathetic. You can worship your idol without telling us he rose on the second day and rolled a big ass boulder out of the way that the DNC put there.
    Which wouldn't really be an issue.

Except for the part where Senate Democrats came to Sanders after they dropped the ball in the 2016 General Election.

BANNED

I haven't posted here in a while and it's done me a lot of mental good. I can't stand the Centrists smears and lies and attacks on Sanders and his supporters. Even as a Black man I get called a white Bernie Bros, because I actually fight back.
    There are a lot of liars out there on the left, and they lie about us all the time, then cry We're being bros. or Divisive when we defend ourselves. We're constantly being asked to show unity with a party that shits on us everyday then demand we vote for their candidate.

I just want to point out that no Democrat can get my vote unless they meet my issues as a Middle Class working black american male, period. Trump Bad/Sad is not going to sway me to vote for people who don't actually want to change anything or do Incremental changes.
    Like MLK said The White Moderate isn't my friend. We're being attacked by more so-called Liberals than we are by Republicans.

Then when we point out the hypocrisy, people lie more and call us bros. Just like they called Obama Supporters Obama Boys, because in America If you run against a liar like Clinton, you're a sexist or you're hurting her in the general. But she can lie about you all day.
    Biden is out there lying about Bernie now, and Bernie being the nice person that he is, APOLOGIZED for NOTHING!
    Keep the Hypocrisy and defend Everyone from smears, not just your person.

I'm going to post a couple videos showing the lies from the LEFT, and then you have the nerve to ask us to bend the knee?

IMAGINE, if Bernie was actually this cruel and evil? Why is Hillary dividing the party?

You know only TWO other people campaigned more for Hillary than Bernie, and that was her child and her man.

BANNED

This is what being a decent human being gets you from your so-called "FRIENDS."

So can you spare us about Bernie Bros. "Attacks"

How do you run against an opponent if you can't point out their record?
    You know who hurts weak Democrats like Biden and Klobuchar? Themselves.

American democracy is dying right now as we speak, we're anointing a King of America, and you guys all want to debate 2016? STILL!?

Come on people ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Here's Biden harming his OWN chances at election.
    He's not getting my vote because he has a D next to his name, or claims of Trump Bad.
    DO YOUR JOB and help the PEOPLE, not your donors.

If I was Bernie, Biden and Warren would no longer be called "my good friend." Because we see how they and their supporters attack us then lie, then cry for us to unite.
    Unite yourselves.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I haven't posted here in a while and it's done me a lot of mental good. I can't stand the Centrists smears and lies and attacks on Sanders and his supporters. Even as a Black man I get called a white Bernie Bros, because I actually fight back.
    There are a lot of liars out there on the left, and they lie about us all the time, then cry We're being bros. or Divisive when we defend ourselves. We're constantly being asked to show unity with a party that shits on us everyday then demand we vote for their candidate.

I just want to point out that no Democrat can get my vote unless they meet my issues as a Middle Class working black american male, period. Trump Bad/Sad is not going to sway me to vote for people who don't actually want to change anything or do Incremental changes.
    Like MLK said The White Moderate isn't my friend. We're being attacked by more so-called Liberals than we are by Republicans.

Then when we point out the hypocrisy, people lie more and call us bros. Just like they called Obama Supporters Obama Boys, because in America If you run against a liar like Clinton, you're a sexist or you're hurting her in the general. But she can lie about you all day.
    Biden is out there lying about Bernie now, and Bernie being the nice person that he is, APOLOGIZED for NOTHING!
    Keep the Hypocrisy and defend Everyone from smears, not just your person.

I'm going to post a couple videos showing the lies from the LEFT, and then you have the nerve to ask us to bend the knee?

IMAGINE, if Bernie was actually this cruel and evil? Why is Hillary dividing the party?

You know only TWO other people campaigned more for Hillary than Bernie, and that was her child and her man.
    That's fine and Trump can win and he still wont meet your needs as a black man.

If the GOP gave a **** about minorities people's votes then there would be an argument for some choice.

At the end of the day no one is coming to anyones house and putting a gun to your head for any vote.

But, this bs about "everyone being the same" or "centrists are just as bad" **** is ridiculous and silly.

The far left cannot win period alone.

And centrists cannot win without progressives. Argue piss and moan internally all you want too about 2016 and who's salty about who in the primary.

But if you give a **** about actual issues. Incremental progress or not. It ain't happening with trump and Mitch that's for damn sure.

Trump Impeachment: Highlights and Takeaways From Senate Trial

The Senate’s historic trial of President Trump begins in earnest with a bitter fight.
    The first Senate vote during the impeachment trials falls along party lines.
    Mr. McConnell made last-minute changes to the rules after criticism from Democrats and key Republicans.
    Democrats cheered the changes to the trial rules but pushed for witnesses and admission of new evidence
    As his trial progressed, Mr. Trump boasted about the American economy in Switzerland.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    American democracy is dying right now as we speak, we're anointing a King of America, and you guys all want to debate 2016? STILL!?

Come on people ...
    I'm done with that. They are attacking us in 2020, and us actual Progressives are sick of it.
    Democracy is dying in America because the Democratic party is weak.

Who do they have to blame but themselves?

Trump Got elected after Baracks two terms. What did Barack and Democrats do to us to help a moron like Trump get elected?
    Trying to force the party of the center to help actual Americans gets us attacked as pie in the sky or unrealistic.

TRUMP is President... How did that happen? Instead of attacking the left, listen to us. THEN compromise. But attacking us, then demanding we vote is silly.
    As a black man you don't get my vote from fear or the D next to your name. It's not happening.

Especially when the so-called "LIBERAL MEDIA" does crap like this...

I guess joy reid and friend aren't being sexist, racist, and anti-semitic here?

BANNED

THIS is why the Democratic party loses so much and never understands why they lost.
    The only reason so many moderates won in 2018 is because of establishment money and support, and even with that.
    Progressives like Justice Democrats won 42% of their elections, and that's HUGE for a two year old organization.

But hey, here's some actual evidence centrism SUCKS!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    THIS is why the Democratic party loses so much and never understands why they lost.
    The only reason so many moderates won in 2018 is because of establishment money and support, and even with that.
    Progressives like Justice Democrats won 42% of their elections, and that's HUGE for a two year old organization.

But hey, here's some actual evidence centrism SUCKS!
    I don't want to nitpick your posts, because there is a ton of wildly false stuff. I'll just point out one of them, because I think it is highly indicative:

Justice Democrats did not win 42% of their elections. I don't even know where 42% comes from. Of the 79 endorsed Justice Democrats in 2018, 26 of them managed to win their primary. Not a general election, just the primary. that's 32%, meaning 68% couldn't even make it far enough to square off with a Republican. Of those 26 only 7 managed to win their seat. So that's a 73% failure rate.

Of the seven who actually won, exactly zero of them flipped a Republican seat to a Democratic seat. Meaning, they won where basically anyone wearing a Not-Republican sticker would win.

And that is what you just touted inaccurately. Perhaps, just perhaps, we wait to tout success until it actually looks like success.

BANNED

The LIE that Bernie Supporters voted Trump in 2016 or that Sanders "HURT" Clinton will not die until Bernie wins the Primary and the general.

But lets say you're candidate loses and some supporters chose Trump in 2020. WHOSE voters would actually chose Trump over the Democrat?

According to Emerson...

Percentage of Democratic candidates' supporters who would back Trump against one of the other 3 if their preferred choice didn't secure the nomination:

Buttigieg: 12%
    Warren: 10%
    Biden: 9%
    Sanders: 4%
    https://t.co/V7hiyXn6tL?amp=1
    But yeah Bernie hurt the Democrats...

Sanders is winning in MANY of the Polls. South Carolina only matters for the Primary, trust me I've lived there before. We always lose the General, and as a black man (again), we live in other places than South Carolina. I'm from Philly and there's a ton of us there.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...mary-6276.html

Bernie tops the Iowan poll.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...on/4426492002/