Page 336 of 981 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386436836 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 14713
  1. #5026
    Mighty Member zinderel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    yes, i am wondering why you would be saying that. i thought that the goal was to beat trump in the next election. how does the taunting aid that goal or comply with board rules?



    we're on page 330. you made a very specific claim that i asked you back up with evidence. but i'm the one who is unreasonable?



    he has been referred to as unlikable more than once in the past few pages. you are incapable of constructive criticism, apparently.
    You wonder why I say that, as you post unreasonable nonsense about how bullied Bernie is while people rail against literally every candidate who isn’t him. Since paying attention to the thread you are participating in is too hard for you, apparently, take a look at Tazerai and their list of candidates they will not support for lack of idealogical purity, or Numberthirty constantly ragging on Dems at every opportunity, and refusing the reality that ‘voting Trump out’ is more important than perfection on every front. Like, they LITERALLY posted relevant posts in the time since you last insisted I do the work for you...

    As to ‘hatred’...? Oh NO!!!! Saint Bernie got called ‘unlikeable’ by some people on a message board?!?!? You are right. People DO hate him! I’ve never HEARD such vitriol lobbed at a candidate!! *eyeroll*

    But please...keep proving my point about the fanatical, pseudo-religious fervor with which some Bernie supporters hold him with every feverish post in defense of Saint Bernardus Immaculatus.

    Meanwhile, I’ll go ahead and pay attention to the human beings running for office, not the half-divine demigod of liberalism you are here to defend and exalt above all other heresies...
    Last edited by zinderel; 01-24-2020 at 11:28 AM.

  2. #5027
    Mighty Member zinderel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So now Trump is guilty of jury tampering, along with the rest of it.
    If only it mattered enough to get Republicans to break their lockstep support for greed and unchecked lust for power...

    But it won’t.

  3. #5028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Maybe if I had more clarity on the plan, I might understand it better, but from what I've seen he hasn't even clarified how to pay for it himself.

    And that's only one aspect of his policies -- how will the others be paid for? How will he get Republicans to agree to raise/reallocate taxes?

    I don't say this to attack Sanders -- I say this because these are key issues that will have to be addressed if he wins the nomination.

    With regards to the future of the party -- and candidates like AOC -- I can see that generation taking us in a new direction if only by virtue of demographics, but I don't think we are there yet.

    Admittedly, the next election could prove me wrong, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

    ------
    "The Sanders plan goes into great detail about the type of coverage Americans would receive. But it provides significantly less detail about how it would finance such a generous health care system. Instead, Sanders released a five-page paper that included a list of financing options, such as a new tax on “extreme wealth.”

    Americans’ taxes would have to change to pay for this kind of proposal. But it’s impossible to tell who would pay significantly more for their coverage and who would pay less, and by how much. This is a crucial part of any health care plan, and in the Sanders proposal, it is notably absent.

    So while the plan would move the American uninsured rate from around 8.8 percent to, in theory, nearly zero, it’s impossible to tell what it would take to get there and what the bigger economic picture would look like if we did."


    https://www.vox.com/2019/4/10/183044...dicare-for-all
    AJA Christopher, I asked you some questions last page, that you never answered. Would you mind taking a look at them please?

    Also, If you want options for paying for M4A, just go to Bernies page.

    https://www.sanders.senate.gov/downl...2019-financing
    https://www.sanders.senate.gov/downl...ll?inline=file

    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/he...all-2019-04-10
    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

  4. #5029
    Paranoid Android ChadH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Incertisque loci...incerto tempore
    Posts
    2,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I don't know why it warrants conversation. I mean, I wish it did, but we're just going through the motions until something changes.
    Foregone conclusion or not, it warrants conversation because it's significant and a percentage of the voting population will ignore it unless others talking about it brings it to their attention.

    The GOP wants the public to be bored and unconcerned with it so their Senators will not be held accountable in November.

    Impeachment of a sitting President is not something to be unconcerned about and when it does become so we will be well and truly fucked.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
    "Being politically incorrect shouldn't be a matter of pride. It's the last gasp of the wrong side of history." - Unknown
    "By all means, compare these s**t-heads to Nazis." - Mike Godwin referring to the protesters in Charlottesville.

  5. #5030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    There's really no point in arguing your point to Bernie Bros when they start dismissing Time and Politico as fake news and using Vox for facts.
    There you go again. Do you want us Bernie Bros to vote for your Nominee or not? Because I can see you probably doing this on many message boards. You can't attack all the "Bros" and expect people to support your candidate.
    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

  6. #5031
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    There you go again. Do you want us Bernie Bros to vote for your Nominee or not? Because I can see you probably doing this on many message boards. You can't attack all the "Bros" and expect people to support your candidate.
    Best part is several people here dismissed a CNN poll as fake news. But you know

  7. #5032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sorry to hear that you had to deal with that.

    I overheard two instances of folks coverage declining something in ten minutes at a Walgreens today.
    Yeah, it's crazy, Yet people wanting what most other health systems in the world have is "Far Left", or "Pie in the Sky."

    It is literally the life or death of people like me. Yet I'm a Bros for wanting to not die and fighting hard to not die lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I used to take three different medications to sleep. with my insurance, I could get a 90 day supply for two, but I could only get a 30 day supply for the third. I could only get a 90 day supply if I paid out of pocket.
    It's crazy how profit over lives is the thing. Yet all we hear is how do we pay for things that actually help people.

    Yet the same "How do you pay for it?" People never ask how we pay for tax cuts or the military budget that keeps on going up.
    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

  8. #5033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    There you go again. Do you want us Bernie Bros to vote for your Nominee or not?
    It would at least be encouraging to see them quit bellyaching and pay attention to the impeachment hearings. If you can't focus on getting rid of Trump NOW, and stop spamming the internet with phantom wounds from 2016, it doesn't say a lot about what what you all will supposedly do for "party unity" in November.

    This has gone on for three days straight now. The die-hard Berners are showing everyone what we already know about them. That they're incapable of comprehending any event or outcome that isn't "Bernie wins."

    And I wish this wasn't what we were seeing.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  9. #5034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    You wonder why I say that, as you post unreasonable nonsense about how bullied Bernie is while people rail against literally every candidate who isn’t him. Since paying attention to the thread you are participating in is too hard for you, apparently, take a look at Tazerai and their list of candidates they will not support for lack of idealogical purity, or Numberthirty constantly ragging on Dems at every opportunity, and refusing the reality that ‘voting Trump out’ is more important than perfection on every front. Like, they LITERALLY posted relevant posts in the time since you last insisted I do the work for you...

    As to ‘hatred’...? Oh NO!!!! Saint Bernie got called ‘unlikeable’ by some people on a message board?!?!? You are right. People DO hate him! I’ve never HEARD such vitriol lobbed at a candidate!! *eyeroll*

    But please...keep proving my point about the fanatical, pseudo-religious fervor with which some Bernie supporters hold him with every feverish post in defense of Saint Bernardus Immaculatus.

    Meanwhile, I’ll go ahead and pay attention to the human beings running for office, not the half-divine demigod of liberalism you are here to defend and exalt above all other heresies...
    Yes, I want purity lol.
    Candidates can't get my vote unless they impress me.
    Candidates don't get my vote because of the letter next to their name.
    Candidates can't get my vote unless they show true support to my community and the country as a whole.

    Democrats as a whole have failed to do that, that's how we got Trump. We got Trump for no other reason than people would rather have Status-Quo, and #civility over true improvement over my life.
    I have a disease that may or will probably kill me. My goal is to extend my life, and we have Democrats not caring to work hard to fight for us.
    I have a daughter in the military, and I'm a Vet, yet I have little support there, and my daughter might have to fight and die in a war of choice.

    So YES, Democrats can kiss my tush over "PURITY" because it literally means the life or death of me and my kid. Sorry, that that's to Pure for people.

    I want Democrats to work with the GOP when it HELPS us all, not when they want to appear Bi-Partisan.
    Bi-Partisanship is only good when it helps the greatest number of people, not tax cuts and military budget increases.
    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

  10. #5035
    Paranoid Android ChadH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Incertisque loci...incerto tempore
    Posts
    2,314

    Default

    Pilot fish might be giving Graham too much credit. I think of him more as an intestinal parasite.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
    "Being politically incorrect shouldn't be a matter of pride. It's the last gasp of the wrong side of history." - Unknown
    "By all means, compare these s**t-heads to Nazis." - Mike Godwin referring to the protesters in Charlottesville.

  11. #5036
    Mighty Member SquirrelMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    Am I on time for the #BernieIsCanceled party?

  12. #5037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It would at least be encouraging to see them quit bellyaching and pay attention to the impeachment hearings. If you can't focus on getting rid of Trump NOW, and stop spamming the internet with phantom wounds from 2016, it doesn't say a lot about what what you all will supposedly do for "party unity" in November.

    This has gone on for three days straight now. The die-hard Berners are showing everyone what we already know about them. That they're incapable of comprehending any event or outcome that isn't "Bernie wins."

    And I wish this wasn't what we were seeing.
    OR that we bros can do more than one thing at a time.
    We all know how impeachment is going to turn out and there's this thing called the internet where I can read about the trial when I have the time.
    So to me it shows not that Bernie won't win or not, or #unity.
    It shows that the people complaining about us, can't do more than one thing at a time.

    Our Democracy isn't in danger because Trump is President.
    Our Democracy was in danger because of the reasons Trump BECAME President.

    So instead of knocking us Berners or Bros. Why don't the folks who bellyache about 2016, try to find the reason WHY in 2016 Democrats lost the election.

    WHY the reason we got Trump is that people have no faith in politicians as a whole.

    WHY if the Democrats had done such a great job the previous 8 years, we got someone as horrible as Trump.

    As a black Philadelphian. I have DESPISED Trump since 1987 when I was 13 years old and saw how he treated Don King and Mike Tyson in person.

    I've hated that man since I was a child. I watched him succeed and fail over and over.

    But then I ask myself.

    How the FUCK did Trump become President? What is it about our country that led to Trump?

    It isn't our people, It's our Politicians and our media. They do more woke and virtue signaling and looking good for the media and trying to maintain this false decorum, than try to help us.

    Also, I've noticed that World Wide where the right wing is rising, it's because people like our Democrats don't fight back, or don't fight at all.
    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

  13. #5038
    Mighty Member SquirrelMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Easily the most hilarious thing I have heard all year.

    Priceless.
    I agree with Paul that they are all doing an incredible job. Their speeches will be shown in history classes for centuries to come, if we have centuries left.

    You're a tough customer, lizard boy.

  14. #5039
    Mighty Member zinderel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Yes, I want purity lol.
    Candidates can't get my vote unless they impress me.
    Candidates don't get my vote because of the letter next to their name.
    Candidates can't get my vote unless they show true support to my community and the country as a whole.

    Democrats as a whole have failed to do that, that's how we got Trump. We got Trump for no other reason than people would rather have Status-Quo, and #civility over true improvement over my life.
    I have a disease that may or will probably kill me. My goal is to extend my life, and we have Democrats not caring to work hard to fight for us.
    I have a daughter in the military, and I'm a Vet, yet I have little support there, and my daughter might have to fight and die in a war of choice.

    So YES, Democrats can kiss my tush over "PURITY" because it literally means the life or death of me and my kid. Sorry, that that's to Pure for people.

    I want Democrats to work with the GOP when it HELPS us all, not when they want to appear Bi-Partisan.
    Bi-Partisanship is only good when it helps the greatest number of people, not tax cuts and military budget increases.
    That sucks, for sure.
    I don’t see how abstaining from voting for ‘impure’ Democrats helps your situation, tho. Refusing to acknowledge the benefits of incremental change - while WANTING a necessary overhaul of the system, which I think we ALL want - just means that Republicans stay in power, and no progress is made. It means that what progress we HAVE made under ‘impure’ Democrats will get rolled back.

    I will take impure but making progress over blatantly corrupt regression ANY day. NO ONE is saying for you not to support the candidate you like best in the primary. All ANYONE is saying is that unless we unite and support WHOEVER gets the nomination, we WILL lose again, and we WILL regress under 4 more years of Trump and Republican control of the government. If perfection is so important to you that you refuse to even CONSIDER the harm abstaining from voting will do, then we will lose. Period. Support the nom for president, but work harder supporting people for city council or state legislature. THAT is where change comes from. The Presidency is just the showiest post, not the most important for making the progress we want.

    The president can’t just blanket ban abortion, for example. But state legislatures can. They can also provide or cut funding to anti-domestic violence initiatives, raise or lower taxes on the poor, support or dehumanize the homeless, women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, and immigrants more effectively, determine whether science or superstition is taught in schools, and so on. City and state politics are the proving grounds for national issues. You want a better-educated electorate? Don’t ignore school board elections and work to make sure that people you support get in and start working on the small, local changes that will lead to larger national ones. You want to support purity, start there, and work up. Demanding purity from the ‘top’ down will NEVER happen.

    But I’m sure that demanding perfection this election will go totally differently than doing so in 2016 did.
    Last edited by zinderel; 01-24-2020 at 11:52 AM.

  15. #5040

    Default

    Anyone who thinks that unhinged people on the Right Wing in America that hear this, thinks Trump means firing her instead of firing on her is a loon.

    'Take her out':
    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •