Page 348 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398448848 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    How about I let you know when he's "holding sway" over many Sanders supporters instead?

Like right now.
    Again...

When that has anything to do with just how "Blind" credit card companies can rob minorities, let me know.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Again...

When that has anything to do with just how "Blind" credit card companies can rob minorities, let me know.
    If you actually cared about "minorities" -- instead of Sanders -- you'd denounce both, just like you would have voted against Trump in the last election.

Instead, you're back to the same old habit of trying to use "minorities" for political reasons in support of your chosen candidate.

Honestly, it's both offensive and pathetic, and you need to stop.

-----
    "He's got a really good show with actually interesting guests. I'd suggest you take a look at the guests and maybe listen to the Bernie one. He has anything from fellow comedians, ex CIA, border patrol, scientists like NDT, or some that are pretty out there with their theories, lot's of Alien encounter type people.. Hell he just had RDJ on there. It's a two-hour interview without any phone calls or anything other nonsense. He also has very mellow beliefs and it's kind of a man's man, so that attracts listeners. He likes old cars, pot, booze, fighting, hunting, but has a good head on his shoulders."

https://old.reddit.com/r/politics/co...ng_for_bernie/

The guy is a lunkhead who has been one for years. Even wasting any time on criticizing/denouncing/whatever is probably right around "Pointless..."

Meanwhile, a guy who might wind up being President has done some straight up "Red Flag!" stuff that is only the tip of the iceberg.

The latter is worth going into.

The former?

If Rogan ever actually does wind up getting a clue, it is probably going to be because he actually to some time to consider the way he has been doing things. Not because a bunch of people denounced him on the internet.

Any time folks would put into it would be better spent looking out for the groups he has said unacceptable things about.

Ultimate Member

"Schiff lobbies Chief Justice Roberts to rule on questions of executive privilege"

"Rep. Adam Schiff, the lead House prosecutor, called on Chief Justice John Roberts to expedite rulings on any disputes between Congress and President Trump over witness testimony and documents, if the Senate votes to allow them.

“We have a very capable justice sitting in that Senate chamber empowered by the Senate rules to decide issues of evidence and privilege,” Schiff, the Democratic congressman from California leading the case for impeachment, told reporters prior to the last day of opening arguments for the House impeachment managers.

Republicans have said over the past day or so that one reason to vote against subpoenas for documents and witnesses in the trial is that it would drag out the process too long, because Trump would claim executive privilege and the matter would get bogged down in the courts. Sen. Lisa Murkowski, who is considered one of the key swing votes on the issue of additional evidence, echoed these talking points in comments to reporters on Thursday, faulting the House for not pursuing the matter in the courts and raising doubts that she will vote to authorize Senate subpoenas.

Schiff called the Republicans’ argument “the last refuge of the president’s team’s effort to conceal the evidence from the American people.”

And Schiff publicly lobbied the chief justice, leaning into an argument that Roberts, who is presiding over the trial, can and should weigh in if and when such a showdown between the legislative and executive branches occurs.

“We have a justice who is able to make those determinations, and we trust that the chief justice can do so,” Schiff said. His use of the word “trust” was an indication that Roberts’s intervention is not a certainty, and some observers of the chief justice believe he may seek to avoid involvement in any disagreements of substance.

Ryan Goodman, a law professor at New York University and editor in chief of its Just Security website, said Roberts’s intervention was “uncertain.”

“The rule allows him to not render a decision first and instead submit it back to the Senate,” Goodman said.

Ira Goldman, a longtime House and Senate staffer, said, “Roberts has the gavel. He can do all sorts of things. … I’m waiting for him to do something to get a read on what he might do when it gets serious.”

Schiff also acknowledged that even if the chief justice were to rule against Trump’s claims of executive privilege, the Senate could overrule him with a 51-vote majority. But, he said, “what the president’s team fears … is that the justice will in fact apply executive privilege to that very narrow category where it may apply, and here that category may be nowhere at all, because you cannot use executive privilege to hide wrongdoing or criminality or impeachable misconduct.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/schiff-lo...221935684.html

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Roxane Gay, feminist and Marvel Comics writer, chimes in Biden's slide to the right:

It’s exhausting to see a refusal to tolerate bigotry framed as a demand for moral purity or an unwillingness to compromise or work with people who have different points of view. Bigotry is not a perspective that deserves engagement beyond condemnation.
    https://twitter.com/rgay/status/1220...111956486?s=20

It's so amazing how I am the only one talking about this.
    First, what's this about Biden?

Second...

https://www.out.com/politics/2019/11...-concern-women

Hillary Clinton Says Trans Issues Pose ‘Legitimate Concern’ for Women
    That was said at the end of last year.

Considering that this person has not ruled out running this time out, Rogan is incredibly small potatoes compared to that.

This discussion wouldn't be happening if this was anyone but Bernie.

The New York Times endorsed Warren and Klobuchar. They still platform white supremacists and wrote puff pieces about nazis.

Not a single post from anyone asking either woman to denounce the endorsement.

Every candidate asked to appear on Rogan's podcast. Not a single critical thing has been said any of those candidates except Bernie.

Joe Biden has praised segregationists but we can't talk about that.

This is just another desperate attempt to make Bernie go away.

Anyone with half a clue would realize that Rogan has no influence over Bernie's beliefs. Nothing Rogan says or does is going change anything about Bernie's presidency. He still has the best policies for trans people, including Medicare for all covering gender reassignment surgery.

Bernie's got transphobes backing the the candidate with the best policies for trans people. Rogan's braindead fans are going to vote for Bernie and he doesn't have to change a single one of his policies.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

After the interview, @NPRKelly
    tells @arishapiro
    , @SecPompeo
    "shouted at [her] for about the same amount of time as the interview itself had lasted."

"He asked, 'Do you think Americans care about Ukraine?' He used the F-word in that sentence, and many others."
    Twitter Link

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Completely untrue -- promoting the endorsement of someone who has said and done what Rogan has would be problematic for any candidate.

Obama had to deal with the same issues regarding Reverend Wright, while Biden is currently being attacked based on allegations regarding his son.

The problem at hand is that people would rather focus on Sanders being a "victim" instead of simply admitting that Rogan should not be promoted in the Democratic arena, given his history of pandering to the right and "alt" right.

And Biden doesn't promote "segregationists" nor do they endorse him -- he just points out that he has had to work with them in the past to get things done.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-24-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    You act the part, you get called the title.

As for how I'll vote, I have made it clear on multiple occasions that I will support the nominee that isnt Trump. If it isnt clear to you by now, that's on you. I've addressed it over and over and over and over and over. Along with my work FOR the guy you claim I hate because I dare to criticize him.

"I not support Trump. I not hate Bernie. I only not like fanatics."
    Will you vote for Bernie if he's the nominee?
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

The New York Times endorsed Warren and Klobuchar. They still platform white supremacists and wrote puff pieces about nazis.

Not a single post from anyone asking either woman to denounce the endorsement.

Every candidate asked to appear on Rogan's podcast. Not a single critical thing has been said any of those candidates except Bernie.

Joe Biden has praised segregationists but we can't talk about that.

This is just another desperate attempt to make Bernie go away.

Anyone with half a clue would realize that Rogan has no influence over Bernie's beliefs. Nothing Rogan says or does is going change anything about Bernie's presidency. He still has the best policies for trans people, including Medicare for all covering gender reassignment surgery.

Bernie's got transphobes backing the the candidate with the best policies for trans people. Rogan's braindead fans are going to vote for Bernie and he doesn't have to change a single one of his policies.
    You know, if you’re going to participate in a forum/message board, it might benefit you to actually read the forum/message board.

Just saying.

Completely untrue -- promoting the endorsement of someone who has said and done what Rogan has would be problematic for any candidate.
    It is problematic but we wouldn't be talking about it if it was Warren or Biden.

Warren and Biden asked to appear on Rogan's show. Has anyone here criticized them for wanting to be interviewed by a transphobic misogynist that platforms nazis?

Obama had to deal with the same issues regarding Reverend Wright, while Biden is currently being attacked based on allegations regarding his son.
    Not on this forum.

It's telling that you have to all the way back to 2004 and places outside this forum.

Yesteday, Anita Hill said it was too late for an apology from Biden. Did anyone here talk about that?
    Last edited by Superbat; 01-24-2020 at 06:28 PM.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

For fucks sake...

READ. THE. BOARD. YOU. COMMENT. ON.

You know, if you’re going to participate in a forum/message board, it might benefit you to actually read the forum/message board.

Just saying.
    Link me posts you have seen from people going after Bernie, asking Warren and Klobuchar to denounce the NYT endorsement.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

For fucks sake...

READ. THE. BOARD. YOU. COMMENT. ON.
    You are dodging the question.

Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Ultimate Member

It is problematic but we wouldn't be talking about it if it was Warren or Biden.
    I guarandamntee you I'd be talking about it if Biden or Warren promoted someone who claimed black neighborhoods were like The Planet of the Apes.