Page 357 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457857 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Anyone who still continues with the Russian bots narrative is still foolish.
    Those are facts, William. Facts.

Anyone who still continues with the Russian bots narrative is still foolish.
    The FBI sure is foolish, then, for publishing reports about all the Russian bots that spread anti-Hillary stories and targeted Bernie supporters, who spread them across the internet like Trump supporters did. Bannon used Cambridge Analytica to find them, and use them.

So... yeah, f*** me for believing the FBI's analysis I guess.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Speaking of twitter bots, if anyone wants to help report this account for "spam -> using the reply feature to spread spam" I'd be grateful. Lots of personal harassment and racism tweets, too.

https://twitter.com/Vesuvius619/with_replies

I am pretty sure this account first posted the "Pelosi in Muslim Drag" pic that Trump retweeted, so it's an influential propaganda source.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Let's stop dwelling on the past and discuss the present.
    Others will have to stop talking about it first.

How is Sanders plan to pay for all of his programs?

He has admitted that it might require middle class tax hikes so how will he sell that to a public that doesn't want to pay more taxes?
    He'll do his best to convince them that they benefit more than they lose. Not everyone will be convinced, but it doesn't matter. Once the programs kick in, people won't want to lose them

That's what happened with Obamacare. People didn't want to pay more premiums, and the majority of people viewed Obamacare negatively. It was only when they were going to lose it that its popularity rose.

How will he pass said legislation through Congress, where both Republicans and moderates will be opposed to higher taxes?
    The current Democrats will be replaced if they don't fall in line. FDR did it when he passed the New Deal, Bernie will do it when he's President.

It'll be easier for progressives to be elected when they are endorsed by the President.
    Last edited by Superbat; 01-25-2020 at 03:10 AM.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The FBI sure is foolish, then, for publishing reports about all the Russian bots that spread anti-Hillary stories and targeted Bernie supporters, who spread them across the internet like Trump supporters did. Bannon used Cambridge Analytica to find them, and use them.

So... yeah, f*** me for believing the FBI's analysis I guess.
    Talking about FBI, Comey's last minute public interference did more harm than some facebook memes.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Those are facts, William. Facts.
    America's own NBC did more harm, lol.
    BB

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    He'll do his best to convince them that they benefit more than they lose. Not everyone will be convinced, but it doesn't matter. Once the programs kick in, people won't want to lose them

That's what happened with Obamacare. People didn't want to pay more premiums, and the majority of people viewed Obamacare negatively. It was only when they were going to lose it that its popularity rose.

The current Democrats will be replaced if they don't fall in line. FDR did it when he passed the New Deal, Bernie will do it when he's President.

It'll be easier for progressives to take office when they are endorsed by the President.
    Except it does matter how many people will be convinced because that's what democracy is all about.

If he can't -- or can barely -- convince enough people in the Democratic primaries to support his plan, why would he perform any better in a general election, where there are considerably more conservative voters and a lot less tolerance for higher taxes?

That doesn't sound like an actual plan with numbers and figures to back it up -- that sounds like wishful thinking.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-25-2020 at 03:16 AM.

Except it does matter how many people will be convinced because that's what democracy is all about.

If he can't -- or can barely -- convince enough people in the Democratic primaries, why would he perform any better in a general election, where there are considerably more conservative voters and a lot less tolerance for higher taxes?

That doesn't sound like a plan with actual numbers and figures to back it up -- that sounds like wishful thinking.
    Along that line...

To me, it seems like it's wishful thinking to assume that one hundred percent of those 'More Conservative Voters..." are not currently being shafted by the way healthcare currently works in this country.

While I'm not going to say you are entirely wrong, I tend to believe that there might be a considerable amount of "Actual Grey..." in that "Black"/"White" layout that's in that post.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Others will have to stop talking about it first.

It'll be easier for progressives to be elected when they are endorsed by the President.
    That's all well and good, but what does Sanders do if Republicans still control the Senate and has to face off against Mitch McConnell who's already on record saying he'll obstruct and bury any and all bills presented him by a Democratic president? Does Sanders have a plan to get past THAT?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That's all well and good, but what does Sanders do if Republicans still control the Senate and has to face off against Mitch McConnell who's already on record saying he'll obstruct and bury any and all bills presented him by a Democratic president? Does Sanders have a plan to get past THAT?
    ... add to that the fact that Sanders rarely if ever has raised funds for downticket candidates, so he is the most likely NOT to be working with a Blue Senate.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Did Obama?
    BB

Astonishing Member

Did Obama?
    Yes. Otherwise we wouldn't be seeing trump dismantle/ try to dismantle all these Obama era policies.

Senator @LindseyGrahamSC
    on investigating Bidens: "You know why I don’t want to do it? I love Joe Biden!"
    Twitter Link with Video

Lindsey is like a living Escher Print, twists and turns onto its' self.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Meanwhile

Cruz, a juror in the impeachment trial, tells @hughhewitt
    he’s providing Trump’s defense team w legal advice: “I actually spent a fair amount of time last night after the trial talking w the President’s lawyers & urging them, number 1, focus on substance more and process less.”
    Twitter Link
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meanwhile

Twitter Link
    Seeing Cruz is technically a juror, isn’t what he’s doing, well....illegal? If I were Cruz, and Trump insulted my wife, I wouldn’t give the orange bastard the time of day, never mind anything in the way of legal advice.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!