Page 382 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385386392432482882 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 17573
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    you either learn from last election or allow the orange idiot another term.
    So why are you doing the same nonsense now that Sanders supporters did when Hillary was running in 2016?

Given how that turned out for Sanders and for Hillary, you should listen to your own advice.

And you're still dodging the fact that I just named nine elections that were won by moderates while you have yet to match that number with progressives.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-28-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Because the goal is to attack Democrats, not give them the best statistical chance to beat Republicans.
    It's pretty pathetic. Somebody makes a point that Sanders isn't all that, #30 distracts with a Biden thing.
    We point out we were talking about Sanders.
    He goes "AHA! Gotcha. Nothing you said makes what Biden did go away."

It's kind of like Trump tweets at 3 am.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    It's pretty pathetic. Somebody makes a point that Sanders isn't all that, #30 distracts with a Biden thing.
    We point out we were talking about Sanders.
    He goes "AHA! Gotcha. Nothing you said makes what Biden did go away."

It's kind of like Trump tweets at 3 am.
    your agenda is transparent. we attack Biden for the same reason that you attack Sanders. it's pathetic that you're attempting to claim the higher ground.

So why are you doing the same nonsense now that Sanders supporters did when Hillary was running in 2016?

Given how that turned out for Sanders and for Hillary, you should listen to your own advice.
    because you forced it. i wasn't posting at all until i saw that 3 or 4 of you were actively smearing Sanders. and i think you were doing it because you support Biden. i feel very strongly that Biden winning the primary means Trump re-winning the White House. i'm trying to make you see how stupid a choice you'd be making. isn't that why you keep smearing Sanders? and, if he wins the primary, haven't you just been doing to him what you think Sanders supporters did to Hillary?

And you're still dodging the fact that I just named nine elections that were won by moderates while you have yet to match that number with progressives.
    well i'm kind of hoping to be able to match that number in the next few elections. if only you "democrats" would get out of the way.

Ultimate Member

because you forced it. i wasn't posting at all until i saw that 3 or 4 of you were actively smearing Sanders. and i think you were doing it because you support Biden. i feel very strongly that Biden winning the primary means Trump re-winning the White House. i'm trying to make you see how stupid a choice you'd be making. isn't that why you keep smearing Sanders? and, if he wins the primary, haven't you just been doing to him what you think Sanders supporters did to Hillary?
    So here you are arguing again instead of just using facts and data to prove what you claimed about moderates not winning elections.

No one is "smearing" Sanders -- I'm simply asking you to back up your assertions about moderates with facts, and you're getting defensive and deciding to go on the attack instead because you know you have no answer to the question asked.

Trust -- if I actually wanted to "smear" Sanders, you'd know it.

Instead, I'm asking you to back up what you said about moderates -- and your support of progressives -- with facts.

well i'm kind of hoping to be able to match that number in the next few elections. if only you "democrats" would get out of the way.
    The next election is too important to stake on your "hopes" -- especially when they aren't backed up by facts.

So let's see them.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-28-2020 at 01:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

your agenda is transparent. we attack Biden for the same reason that you attack Sanders. it's pathetic that you're attempting to claim the higher ground.
    If you cannot see the difference in the quality of arguments, I am not surprised why you do not see the difference in the quality of the candidates properly, either.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

The vast majority of polls say that Biden has a much better chance of beating Trump than Sanders.
    You're making **** up.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

i would if there had been a progressive with as much support as Sanders in a position to do this, in the past.

the last election, for starters.
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    The last election was a huge blue wave, Mike. Mostly replacing Republicans with moderate Democrats.
    Yes, Michael. The last election was in 2018, not 2016, and it was a big failure for Justice Democrats and Republicans, and a big win for moderates and centrists.

Did you sleep through that one?

Hillary was right!

BANNED

What current facts about the 2020 electorate and general election polling makes you think Bernie beats Trump?

At the end of the day the 2020 candidate needs to hold Hillary's ground and pick up 30ish EC votes. Where does Bernie pick up 30?

My current favorite from a policy perspective is Warren, but right now only Biden looks to be able to swing the EC. So, here's your chance, where is the evidence from your perspective that Bernie can do that? (Quickly: Biden polls extremely well in PA and OH, enough so that he could swing those states and the election in just that one swoop. Not to mention a better shot in FLA based on current polling)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Yes, Michael. The last election was in 2018, not 2016, and it was a big failure for Justice Democrats and Republicans, and a big win for moderates and centrists.

Did you sleep through that one?
    Well, we did have that one poster who tried to argue about how great the Justice Democrats did. That was embarrassing, but perhaps there is a collective delusion on that end about how much they have accomplished thus far and their current standing. I'm rooting for them to gain a great foothold, but the weird twisting of the present is strange.

Hillary was right!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Well, we did have that one poster who tried to argue about how great the Justice Democrats did. That was embarrassing, but perhaps there is a collective delusion on that end about how much they have accomplished thus far and their current standing. I'm rooting for them to gain a great foothold, but the weird twisting of the present is strange.
    Because they are attacking potential allies instead of trying to work with them to resolve larger issues.

Meanwhile back in reality, the Republicans attack "corporate Democrats" and "moderates" (like Obama) on health care and spending for eight years, and take over the House, the Senate, and the White House in the process.

-----
    "GOP set against new Obama budget's proposed tax hikes"

"President Barack Obama checked off another "last" of his White House tenure Tuesday, submitting his final budget proposal to Congress amid the growing din from the campaign trail.

The $4.1 trillion annual budget plan -- nearly always deemed "dead on arrival" to the Republican-controlled Congress -- appeared particularly lifeless this year: Republicans said before the document even arrived they would break the long precedent of hearing from the President's budget chief as they draft their own fiscal blueprint.

Like lame-duck presidents before him, Obama submitted a final budget that includes funding for his top legacy priorities, including combating climate change and expanding health insurance coverage. The plan seeks to increase revenue from taxes by $2.6 trillion over the next decade, largely by changing tax laws."

https://www.cnn.com/2016/02/09/polit...ans/index.html
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-28-2020 at 02:13 PM.

BANNED

Because they are attacking potential allies instead of trying to work with them to resolve larger issues.

Meanwhile back in reality, the Republicans unify, attack "corporate Democrats" on health care and spending, and take over the House, the Senate, and the White House.
    Progressives, chief among them Bernie Bro-types, woke culture, cancel culture, etc folks, somehow think that making enemies out of everyone will somehow win power is a mentality I will never understand. Republicans thrive on the discord created by purity tests and rigidity-driven in-fighting among the left. And the left never seems to learn from it. How hard is it to say "Those guys (Republicans) suck so hard we're going to calm the eff down a bit and make sure they lose"?

Mighty Member

Somehow this place gets worse every time I see it. I come for news, I get dem slap fights.