Page 39 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349891395391039 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Man explains refusing to shake McConnell's hand at Cummings memorial: 'I couldn't do it'

It was a powerful moment and hearing the backstory made it even more right. McConnell is the epitome of worthless trash.
    Now that I understand the reason behind the snub, it makes me respect Mr. Rankin all the more. Meanwhile, I can't help but wonder how many other veterans have had their lives negatively impacted because of the actions of Moscow Mitch and the GOP.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Exactly. They wanted this to be the "but her emails". Let the scandal marinate, keep suggesting something bad and illegal happened. It would be all over Fox News despite it being disproven already. They didn't expect it to backlash on them about how they were using the full weight , money and power of the American government to specifically target trumps personal campaign foe.
    They didn't want the first whistleblower report to go out, even if they underestimated the vehemence of the response.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Sean Duffy is actively trying to smear a purple heart recipient on television by ranting about how he 'speaks Ukranian'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Sean Duffy is actively trying to smear a purple heart recipient on television by ranting about how he 'speaks Ukranian'.
    To be fair, Sean Duffy has a harrowing survival story of his own. Never forget the Battle of the Seasons.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    To be fair, Sean Duffy has a harrowing survival story of his own. Never forget the Battle of the Seasons.
    Ahahahahahahha

Astonishing Member

Alabama Abortion Ban Is Blocked by a Federal Judge

A federal judge blocked Alabama’s near-total ban on abortions on Tuesday, stopping the legislation from taking effect next month.

The ruling, an early step in a legal confrontation that critics of abortion orchestrated to try to reach the United States Supreme Court, ensured that abortion services would remain available in the state, at least for now.

The Alabama law would have made it a felony for doctors to provide abortions in almost all circumstances, and it threatened them with up to 99 years in prison. The law did not include any exceptions for abortions in cases of rape or incest, allowing the procedure only when a woman’s health was at “serious” risk.

The preliminary injunction, which was issued by Judge Myron H. Thompson of the United States District Court in Middle Alabama, will remain in effect until the “court resolves the case in full.”
    They keep on trying though. One day those women will mind their betters! 'May the lord open'

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Maher is spot on. I know there are vocal, passionate people on the left who feel strongly about a great many issues....but somehow they are oblivious to the fact that their views do not (even closely) resemble the views of most Democrats. Much less Independents. The pandering to that side could end up being the nail in the coffin for four more years of Dingus Trump.
    If you really believe this, then stop asking them to support Democrats. Stop pretending you really want the same things. And then don’t cry for another few years when they don’t come out to support you. If that’s how you really feel, let the divide happen and then live with it.

If you believe their views do not closely resemble the party, stop asking them to support the party.

Then when you lose because it’s a completely unsustainable model you can do a deep reflection into what the party should be
    Last edited by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE; 10-29-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I believe in back round checks. There are a lot of people who should not own guns. I have a mental health disorder called Schizoaffevtive disorder. I get very depressed at times and have attempted suicide two times in my life. If I had a gun it would be game over for me. I also hear voices and have hallucinations so it would be dangerous of me when my meds are not working right to have a gun. As a felon its a moot point. I am forbidden to own a firearm. I even had to give up my civil war era breech loader because it was in firing condition. There were many people in prison I have met who should never own a firearm. So yes Back Round checks are a must. I just dont know how good they do. I know they help but to be honest if someone really wants a gun a back round check will not stop them. Just make it harder. gang members arnt going to the gun shop for their weapons.
    I dont know what the gunshow loop hole is so I cant say one way or the other.

If the Dems run someone I can live with I will vote for them. I wont vote for them just becasue Trump is running. Nothing could get me to vote for Sanders or Clinton.

I can understand that. I myself will never own a gun, because I know I have a temper and have had wild mopod swings, and so I'm afraid I'd do something bad. A man's got to know his limitations.

And I can appreciate not wanting to vote for Sanders or Clinton. Hillary was a terrible candidate, and it felt more like a coronation than a campaign. I have no problems voting for a woman; but Hillary always came off like she felt she was entitled to be President. As for Sanders- I have nothing but disdain for him. He's an Independent who only chooses to be a Democrat because he knows there is 0 chance a third party candidate could win, and he was one of the biggest reasons why we got Trump in the White House. The guy either needs to go away, or at most be the real candidates VP choice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    To a degree, you're right that the threat of uprising is a valuable tool. I worry technology has largely rendered this threat moot. The truth is, at least from where I see it, if a leader wanted to snuff out a resistance....all they need is a willing military. If they have soldiers willing to press the buttons, most of a resistance could be crushed without the army even having to get out of a comfy command chair.

I don't believe we should take gun ownership away. But I do believe it should be curtailed. Most importantly though - we attack the idea of gun ownership in this country. Guns are sexy, cool, fun, etc. in our culture. Guns are no longer a tool of survival, they are something more. We need to tear that idea down (I liken it to the way we tore down the mystique of tobacco) and put it back in the lane it belongs. Without the cultural change, the laws themselves will be severely limited in their impact.
    Most governments don't actually like massacring their own citizens though, if for no other reason than because it tends to bring unwanted international media attention and economic sanctions which will disrupt their ability to govern. An armed insurrection doesn't need to be able to overthrow the government or even cause substantial damage to it, it just needs to cause enough chaos and force the leadership to make tough decisions they'd rather avoid. In that scenario, most governments would prefer to negotiate some concessions ahead of time to avoid having to deal with an uprising altogether, and having this kind of implicit threat in your back pocket is a pretty key component to achieving political objectives even in normal times, although usually we don't really notice it. Of course, these days it's mostly Republicans who abuse this to gain even more power despite already being in control of most of the military industrial apparatus, and the seeming unilateral disarmament policy of Democrats isn't helping them one bit.

These women say they were forcibly sterilized in the 1990s. Now they want justice

LIMA, Peru —

The first time nurses visited Gloria Basilio, she told them she wasn’t interested in sterilization surgery. She already had three children but wanted more.

The nurses kept returning to her home in the remote Peruvian countryside. They told her the president himself had ordered the procedure for women with large families — women who they said “reproduced like rabbits.”

With her husband away, Basilio finally conceded.

She changed her mind in the operating room the next day, but nurses tied her arms and legs to a bed and blindfolded her.

Basilio is one of untold thousands of women — mostly poor, rural and indigenous — who were sterilized against their will under a family planning program that operated from 1996 to 2000 under the government of then-President Alberto Fujimori.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Now that I understand the reason behind the snub, it makes me respect Mr. Rankin all the more. Meanwhile, I can't help but wonder how many other veterans have had their lives negatively impacted because of the actions of Moscow Mitch and the GOP.
    http://https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jon-stewart-and-the-battle-behind-the-911-victims-fund-explained/

Wonder no more.

Emerson has Trump tied or beating the top 3 Dems in AZ by 2, with a +/- 2 margin of error.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Also, The HJC and DOJ is getting a ruling on the unredacted Mueller report today.

Expect an outrage moment from the POTUS later today as a distraction.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Emerson has Trump tied or beating the top 3 Dems in AZ by 2, with a +/- 2 margin of error.
    He won AZ by 4% in 2016, so tied with a +/- is pretty good for the Dems. And hi approval in AZ has dropped 23% since 2016.

https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump-2/
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He won AZ by 4% in 2016, so tied with a +/- is pretty good for the Dems. And hi approval in AZ has dropped 23% since 2016.

https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump-2/
    Yeah, it's a battleground state now.