Page 395 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405445495895 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    but you might say that he makes your skin crawl w/o anything to back it up. highly improper and disgusting.
    anything except the video of him touching you without being invited to. Other than that minor detail, you are completely telling the truth.

someone should tweet out the name of Rand's wigmaster.
    The Democrats should invite Rand Paul's neighbor to the next State of the Union.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Biden has been accused of inappropriately touching women, Bernie hasn't.
    Right, he's been accused by numerous women of running a sexist campaign, which -- unlike with Biden -- was verified by the candidate himself.

Hillary used women to smear Sanders. she's still doing it. because she and her cult can't face that she was a lousy candidate who ran a stupid race.
    What I said had nothing to do with Hillary, who is not in this race.

As usual, you can't address Sanders shortcomings or promote his policies on a factual basis, so instead you attack candidates who aren't even in the running.

This board was relatively peaceful until Sanders supporters came in and started attacking other candidates instead of simply defending Sanders by explaining his policies and how he can win the election as a "progressive" candidate -- you don't and didn't see this kind of behavior over and over again from those who supported Beto, Kamala, Biden or any other candidate in the running.

That said, there's no point in arguing with you: just know that said behavior doesn't win any votes for your candidate and only hurts him in the long run.

If he loses, you have no one to blame but yourselves.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-30-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

The best reason to get excited about Biden (based, unfortunately, on RCP's polling averages)

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    That said, there's no point in arguing with you: just know that said behavior doesn't win any votes for your candidate and only hurts him in the long run.
    Win votes from whom? The ten other people that read this thread?

LMAO, CBR forums is going to tank Bernie's campaign. You hate to see it.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

The WHO just declared a global health emergency over the corona virus.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Win votes from whom? The ten other people that read this thread?

LMAO, CBR forums is going to tank Bernie's campaign. You hate to see it.
    Don't give yourself so much credit -- I don't hate Sanders at all.

I just think it's ridiculous to see Sanders supporters repeating the same mistakes and expecting a different outcome -- not just here but on nearly every forum I see, it's Sanders supporters attacking other candidates (and Democrats in general) instead of Republicans, who are the ones stopping even "corporate" Democrats from enacting environmental protections, civil rights legislation, universal health care, and nearly every other "progressive" policy in existence.

And before you even try it, Hillary is not Biden any more than she is Obama (who won both election and re-election) so Biden running is not the same as Hillary running.

He's closer to Obama, both literally and politically.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...vice-president

which of Biden's policies is better?
    Biden is not my candidate -- beating Trump is my candidate, which is why I asked about Sanders' policies and how they will help him win the election.

I can readily assume that Biden will basically follow Obama's blueprint as a path to election -- the same can't be said for Sanders, whose progressive initiatives have already proven to be far less palatable to the general public in the past.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-30-2020 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    anything except the video of him touching you without being invited to. Other than that minor detail, you are completely telling the truth.
    i just don't share your interpretation of the video. i saw a woman gesture towards him several times and he reflexively put his hand out because she was so animated with the gestures. it looked awkward because he wasn't staring her down when he did it (like Biden would) and because she darted her head back to make it look worse.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-30-2020 at 01:00 PM.

God I can't wait for the primary to be over. Maybe then this thread will get back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    God I can't wait for the primary to be over. Maybe then this thread will get back on track.
    it will be back on track if Trump wins.

it will be back on track if Trump wins.
    Thanks for revealing your true goal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    The best reason to get excited about Biden (based, unfortunately, on RCP's polling averages)

Yup. Only thing that ultimately matters.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Thanks for revealing your true goal.
    that's the paranoia talking. i didn't say that it would be a good thing. but if you look at the general activity in this thread (outside of the bernie/biden stuff) we mostly trash republicans and point out crazy things that Trump is up to. if Sanders wins, you'll spend most of your time waiting for him to screw up or negatively spinning his accomplishments. the only way to stay "on track" is for Trump to win.

"You can't make this stuff up... The Justice Department, in resisting House subpoenas, is in court TODAY and was asked: If Congress can't come to the court to enforce subpoenas... what remedy is there?

The DOJ lawyers response? Impeachment." - @RepAdamSchiff
    Twitter Link with Video

In contrast with Trump legal team, Justice Department lawyer says House can impeach over defied subpoenas

Asked by a federal judge what the House can do to enforce its subpoenas, Justice Department lawyer James Burnham said without hesitation that the House can use its impeachment powers, among other options, like withholding appropriations.

A few hours later, lead Democratic House manager Adam Schiff mentioned Burnham's assertion during Trump's impeachment trial.

"In the category of you can't make this stuff up," Schiff said on the Senate floor. "The judge says if the Congress can't enforce its subpoenas in court, then what remedy is there? And the Justice Department lawyer's response is impeachment."

Eliciting laughter from the senators, Schiff, a California Democrat, continued, "You can't make this up. I mean, what more evidence do we need of the bad faith of this effort to cover up?"
    Last edited by Tami; 01-30-2020 at 01:57 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

sounds an awful lot like whataboutism.
    It's not. I spoke, just days ago, to the fact that the 1994 crime bill is falsely weaponized against both Biden and Sanders. So, not whataboutism, it's pointing out that you don't get to attack the guy you don't like for voting for something and then be totally ok with your guy voting for the same thing. It's pointing out a clear hypocrisy.