Page 40 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450901405401040 ... LastLast

House Democrats release impeachment resolution

House Democrats released on Tuesday text of the resolution that will detail their procedures as they move forward with the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He won AZ by 4% in 2016, so tied with a +/- is pretty good for the Dems. And hi approval in AZ has dropped 23% since 2016.

https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump-2/
    His approval ratings in the 3 states that really made the difference in 2016 are -8%, -10%, and -11%.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    His approval ratings in the 3 states that really made the difference in 2016 are -8%, -10%, and -11%.
    Yes, if he can't take Mich or Penn and Florida isn't stolen again, he loses bigly.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    If you really believe this, then stop asking them to support Democrats. Stop pretending you really want the same things. And then don’t cry for another few years when they don’t come out to support you. If that’s how you really feel, let the divide happen and then live with it.

If you believe their views do not closely resemble the party, stop asking them to support the party.

Then when you lose because it’s a completely unsustainable model you can do a deep reflection into what the party should be
    Exactly.

If being an "Actually Center-Right" option is what The Democratic Party intends on being, they need to just level with any voters to the left of "Center" and hope that they can wind up getting those votes.

Not essentially say something along the lines of "Take It, Or Leave It..."
    Last edited by numberthirty; 10-29-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm seriously worried that the Democratic primaries will give us a candidate that is a sure bet to lose. IMO Warren and Sanders will not attract voters such as yourself who recognizes the danger of a continuation of Trump's reign as autocrat. He will only get worse. But a lot of uncommitted voters will not like Sanders or Warren and will either sit it out or vote for Trump. I know Bill Maher is not very popular with some folks here but IMO he nailed it in his closing segment last week. And remember, both Bill Maher and Michael Moore feared that Trump would win and ended up being right.

Bless you for opening up about yourself and I wish you peace in these troubled times.

Bill Maher Friday "New Rules" closing segment

I dunno...this is Bill "We should run someone boring, I'm looking at Amy Klobuchar" Maher. I'm half convinced he'd rather Trump win than Sanders or Warren cuz he thinks they'll raise his taxes.

Invincible Member

Joe would have called his buddy Corn Pop to put those jamokes in line!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I dunno...this is Bill "We should run someone boring, I'm looking at Amy Klobuchar" Maher. I'm half convinced he'd rather Trump win than Sanders or Warren cuz he thinks they'll raise his taxes.
    Never mind that he says "They Have No Where Else To Go..." like "If That's The Deal, Get Bent..." is not an option for the person you are telling they have no where else to go.

You are telling anyone that actually wants anything left of "Actually Center-Right" that supporting you is essentially a waste of time.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Sean Duffy is actively trying to smear a purple heart recipient on television by ranting about how he 'speaks Ukranian'.
    You know, I just saw Duffy in person yesterday.

I work a movie theater in my town and I was manning the concession stand. To my surprise, Duffy appears getting food for his family. So many thoughts and ideas racing through my head on how to react. Can't risk my job but I know I can be painfully, obnoxiously slow going in serving him at the very least. Shame my manager was right next to me and decided to serve him swiftly. Oh well...

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Never mind that he says "They Have No Where Else To Go..." like "If That's The Deal, Get Bent..." is not an option for the person you are telling they have no where else to go.

You are telling anyone that actually wants anything left of "Actually Center-Right" that supporting you is essentially a waste of time.
    This is basically Bill's argument

- https://prospect.org/world/sanders-c...tion-j-street/

Thanks to Sanders, Conditioning Aid to Israel Is Entering the National Conversation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    See this Joy Reid interview...

- https://www.vulture.com/2017/09/joy-...-with-you.html

While I don't know that millennial voters hate Joe Biden, Democrats might get bit by the same dog twice if the count on younger voters coming out for Biden without him having to put a serious effort into getting those votes.

So, forget the pandering you think might cost you something.

Get real with yourself about where you might be weak across your whole base.

First, Joy Reid making it about millenial voters is completely missing the data from 2016 and 2018. If reality suggested lots of young voters stayed home, then...sure, great point to consider. But reality is that it wasn't Hillary's unfavorables with millenials that killed her election chances, it was the unfavorables with swing voters in swing states.

Secondly, we've been over this about young voters. You don't have to like it. You can try and change it. But here's a simple fact: most democrats are more center than they are left. They vote that way. Running candidates that appealed to that is what gave us a huge Republican defeat in 2018. So the same challenge to you stands now as it has the last three times we've gone around this issue: show how many times a liberal candidate has run in a contested district/state and turned out all these disenfranchised young voters on their way to victory. If you can't, you're betting on ghosts. And I'd argue you are doing so to appease YOUR ideology.

The rest of us who would take a well dressed banana over Trump just want the ******* to lose. And we'd prefer you stay out of the way if that's what it takes. I won't bet on ghosts, I prefer reality. And it doesn't support your claims.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

OH WBEEEEEEEE!!!! Get a load of this.

George Papadopoulos, Trump’s former campaign adviser and a convicted felon, is running for Congress. According to a Tuesday FEC filing, Papadopoulos is running to replace Rep. Katie Hill (D-CA) following her resignation earlier this week after allegations of affairs with staffers and the publication of nude pictures of the lawmaker. “Former foreign policy advisor to President Trump and author George Papadopoulos is now running to put California's 25th Congressional District seat back in Republican hands,” reads a statement on Papadopoulos’ newly minted campaign website. “Help fight back against Democrat corruption by joining George’s campaign today!” Papadopoulos spent 12 days in federal prison last year after pleading guilty to making false statements to the FBI during its investigation into possible collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign in 2016. He was placed under 12-month supervision after his release in December, a provision still in place as he launches his campaign.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    If you really believe this, then stop asking them to support Democrats. Stop pretending you really want the same things. And then don’t cry for another few years when they don’t come out to support you. If that’s how you really feel, let the divide happen and then live with it.

If you believe their views do not closely resemble the party, stop asking them to support the party.

Then when you lose because it’s a completely unsustainable model you can do a deep reflection into what the party should be
    Parties always ask others to support them. Why? Well, because the non-naive among us understand that voting coalitions often encompass a great many viewpoints. Viewpoints that agree about the "Same things" often, but can also disagree on many things. Waiting around to all agree on the same things is a fool's errand.

Winning elections isn't a "should" issue. It's a "how" issue. When the vast majority of Democrats identify as more center than left, it's simply poor planning to turn them off to appeal to a smaller, more vocal contingent. Especially since that smaller, more vocal contingent is notoriously unreliable.

Maher is right to keep pointing out to the left that winning elections is far more grounded and realistic than the loudest among them seem to think. It doesn't mean candidates can't try to appeal to the left with ideas, but people on the left need to be a little less childish in their view of what it takes to win. They don't have to like that most Democrats are to the right of them, but that's reality. Trying to win elections based on ill-thought fantasies of what you think it "should" be is a great way to demonstrate "how" to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I saw this earlier and my initial reaction was: 1) You have got to be effing kidding and 2) POOR WBE.