Page 401 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501901 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 17573

Beastie's Cartoons of the Week

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the words matter. this is what he said. “Politicians put people to sleep,” Sanders said before offering praise for Wallace. “(Wallace) advocates some outrageous approaches to our problems but at least he is sensitive to what people feel they need.”

here's what he says today...

Sanders is now a Democratic candidate in the 2020 presidential race. In response to the Wallace comments, Sanders’ campaign points to a May 2019 deep-dive on the candidate by CNN. The profile includes comments Sanders made in 1972 after interviewing Wallace supporters and comparing the atmosphere to that in Nazi Germany.

“I came away from these Wallace interviews with two basic feelings. First, that democracy in America (in any sense of the word) just might not make it," Sanders wrote at the time. “My mind flashed to scenes of Germany in the late 1920′s. Confusion, rebellion, frustration, economic instability, a wounded national pride, ineffectual political leadership - and the desire for a strong man who would do something, who would bring order out of the chaos.”

“Could it happen here?” Sanders asked in the article, “With the inability of the national leadership to solve the real problems facing this country, could the blacks, long-hairs, ‘welfare chiselers,’ and political dissidents become the Jews and Communists of the Nazi experience? Could it happen here? I see no reason why it couldn’t.”

Sanders’ campaign provided an additional statement to AL.com:

“Almost 50 years ago, Bernie Sanders compared George Wallace to Hitler. Throughout his entire life, he’s warned about demagogues like Wallace and Donald Trump using hate and fear to divide people up. The fact that Sen. Sanders has recognized this for decades shows that he’s the best candidate to take on Trump.”

https://www.al.com/news/2020/01/bern...2-article.html

Sanders also quite recently (2016) asked “Aren’t most of the people who sell the drugs African American?”

He suggested a primary challenge of the first black US President.

He didn't really hire black staffers until Black Lives Matter disrupted his campaign events on a regular basis to complain about how ignorant he was on race issues.

So he went to one civil rights march.

You know who else did that?

Future NRW president Charlton Heston, who proved to be one hell of a racist in spite of marching with Dr. King.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump and buttmunching Republicans who like crowing about how the economy has been solid of late on their watch won't like hearing this:

Stocks decline as coronavirus keeps traders on edge

Stocks fell broadly Friday, the final day of the month, as traders tried to assess the potential economic impact of China’s fast-spreading coronavirus while weighing earnings from Caterpillar and Amazon.

The Dow was down more than 400 points, while the S&P 500 slumped 1.2% and the Nasdaq dropped 1%.

China’s National Health Commission confirmed on Friday that there have been 9,692 confirmed cases of the coronavirus, with 213 deaths.

The World Health Organization recognized the deadly pneumonia-like virus as a global health emergency on Thursday, citing concern that the outbreak continues to spread to other countries with weaker health systems. WHO’s designation was made to help the United Nations health agency mobilize financial and political support to contain the outbreak.

The virus, which was first discovered in the Chinese city of Wuhan, has now spread to at least 18 other countries and has dampened sentiment over global economic growth.

“The outbreak of the coronavirus has added another headwind to the near-term outlook for stocks,” said Peter Berezin, a chief global strategist at BCA Research, said in a note. “Viruses often become less lethal as they mutate because a virus that kills its host is also a virus that kills itself. Unfortunately, in a world of mass travel, a virus can spread across the globe before it has time to lose potency.”
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Sanders also quite recently (2016) asked “Aren’t most of the people who sell the drugs African American?”

He suggested a primary challenge of the first black US President.

He didn't really hire black staffers until Black Lives Matter disrupted his campaign events on a regular basis to complain about how ignorant he was on race issues.

So he went to one civil rights march.

You know who else did that?

Future NRW president Charlton Heston, who proved to be one hell of a racist in spite of marching with Dr. King.
    "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-b...b674e44b980327

once you boil it down you have two old possibly racist white guys. i'm going with the one with actual plans instead of a promise to maintain the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-b...b674e44b980327

once you boil it down you have two old possibly racist white guys. i'm going with the one with actual plans instead of a promise to maintain the status quo.
    Ah, whataboutism.

The argument of the defeated with no dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It's depressing, though nor surprising that Trump is getting away with what he is doing. That the Senate won't convict him.

Perhaps the Republicans are doing this, in part, because the Democrats wouldn't let them remove Clinton [which is petty and silly].

Perhaps they are all cowards.
    Worse. They're opportunists. The ones with a shred of morality or ethics have announced their retirement.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    That are not picture of Bernie Sanders with King. That it in Selma and Sanders campaign has confirmed he was not there. Sanders was present during the I Have a Dream speech and March in DC.
    It was Bernie just wasn't in Selma, it was in DC

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Just because someone did something fifty years ago doesn't mean they are actively supporting that same agenda today, especially when they are promoting the endorsement of someone like Rogan who has said negative things about black people in the past.

Again -- you're supporting a specific candidate while my primary goal is to find the candidate best suited to beating Trump, so your bias is obvious in that respect. No rational argument can be made that Biden is worse than Sanders with regards to black voters, especially when Biden has worked with black leaders for years and was hand-picked by the first black president as a running mate in a highly successful presidential bid.

If you really want people to support Sanders as you do, slandering Biden is one of the most ineffective ways possible to do so as it only reflects badly on his campaign. You need to tell us not what Sanders did fifty years ago, but what he is doing now for the black community, and also explain how he will will win not only black votes, but the votes of independents, and even conservatives like Mets and Trigger who have said they are open to Biden but not to Sanders -- all of whom will be voting in a general election.

You might not agree with the political choices of others, but at the end of the day we are all Americans who have a say in how our government is run, which is something you disregard at your -- and Sanders' -- own peril.

Providing facts on Biden is slander now? Come on man. You guys have to be kidding right? I think Sadly you aren't though.

When somebody provides Bidens OWN DAMN words, how is that slander? I posted the videos, but I think you didn't even try to watch them.

I am biased, for Sanders. Fuck vote blue no matter who. Because some of those who's got us Trump.

All this Democratic (D) Tribalism is what's killing the party, and the shitty candidates being offered.

Tom Perez literally just installed a bunch of Hillary and Obama appointees to the DNC committee, many of them people that despise Bernard.
    Yet I'm supposed to be okay with the party being open about their attempts to rig again?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    What do you think, Sanders supporters?

Not simply a supporter, an official surrogate for Sanders' campaign.

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status...780357?lang=en
    I'm trying to figure out where the praise is, and the "controversy"...

I'm also trying to figure out why you think we didn't know King was a surrogate?

It doesn't disprove the videos he's link to Biden being a shitty liar and person.

Everything, every single thing the House Managers say rings true and sounds right.

Everything Trump's lawyers say makes me cringe or roll my eyes.

How did we get here?

(I kinda know how, but sometimes it helps to ask)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Providing facts on Biden is slander now? Come on man. You guys have to be kidding right? I think Sadly you aren't though.
    Most of you have been slandering Biden since you started posting here -- just because you occasionally throw in a few facts doesn't mean you haven't slandered him as well. Accusing him of being racist is as about as low as it gets in my opinion, and of all people here, you should know better.

First you said you were leaving -- and it was relatively peaceful after you left -- then you and others came here and started all of this arguing and fighting again instead of just answering questions about Sanders' policies and how many progressives actually win national elections.

It's obvious at this point that Sanders' supporters don't want to discuss electability and actual policy because you know that's Sanders' weakness. Instead, just come here to attack Biden and spam Sanders' campaign propaganda instead of actually discussing the feasibility of his policies and progressive politics in general.

Even your response included nothing about Sanders' commitment to addressing black issues directly -- it was just another attempt to argue and attack Democrats instead, so it's clear that even you don't care about those issues as much as you claim: you just want to attack Biden and the Democratic party as a whole, even if it means using black people to do so.

Realistically, nothing you say here is going to win Sanders any support nor any votes in the election -- this is all about arguing for the sake of ego.

That said, feel free to waste your time but I'm not going to waste mine arguing with people who won't bother to even attempt to have a rational discussion without always reverting to the same divisive techniques that lost Sanders the 2016 nomination and helped Democrats lose the election against Trump.

If you want to prove Sanders can win, then do it at the ballot box and not by attacking Biden on a message board.

Until then, he remains a just another politician who lost to Hillary by four million votes, despite being the only other contender in the race.

It's telling that you don't see the supporters of candidates like Beto, Harris or other Democrats behaving like this on nearly every forum -- only Sanders' supporters.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-31-2020 at 12:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    That last picture has been proven not to be Sanders.
    His supporters continue to claim that is him.
    He never corrects them on it.
    So much for not lying about his civil rights record.
    Because it is him...

Snopes gave it a flase for people claiming it was Selma.
    But it's been proven to be in DC.
    That is Bernie.

He doesn't correct them because it's true.
    So much for lying about him lying about his civil rights record.
    Which even if the last one wasn't sanders, the first two are, and he is chained to a black woman. B

But sure dude/dudette, keep reaching.

Here in his own words. Now pay close attention.
    They cheer for him, and when he brings up Dr. King and marching with him, Some boo him, the boos are there.
    Then they go right back to cheering the man.

This was not a "safe space" for Sanders, especially with Hating ass Joy Reid being the host.

But please tell me again who's lying.

It is not Bernie. That is a bullshit lie. It's a guy with glasses. Sanders looked different that year.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Because it is him...

Snopes gave it a flase for people claiming it was Selma.
    But it's been proven to be in DC.
    That is Bernie.

He doesn't correct them because it's true.
    So much for lying about him lying about his civil rights record.
    Which even if the last one wasn't sanders, the first two are, and he is chained to a black woman. B

But sure dude/dudette, keep reaching.

Here in his own words. Now pay close attention.
    They cheer for him, and when he brings up Dr. King and marching with him, Some boo him, the boos are there.
    Then they go right back to cheering the man.

This was not a "safe space" for Sanders, especially with Hating ass Joy Reid being the host.

But please tell me again who's lying.

That Snopes article you're citing says you're wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    You've all been slandering Biden since you started posting here -- just because you occasionally throw in a few facts doesn't mean you haven't slandered him as well.

First you said you were leaving -- and it was relatively peaceful after you left -- then you and others came here and started all of this arguing and fighting over again instead of just answering questions about Sanders' policies and how many progressives actually win national elections.

It's obvious at this point that Sanders' supporters don't want to discuss the questions asked -- just to fight, argue and be as divisive as most people claim. You just come here to attack Biden and spam Sanders' campaign propaganda instead of actually discussing the feasibility of his policies and progressive politics in general.

Realistically, nothing you say here is going to win Sanders any support nor any favors.

That said, feel free to waste your time but I'm not going to waste mine arguing with people who won't bother to even attempt to have a rational discussion without always reverting to the same divisive techniques that lost Sanders the 2016 nomination.
    I did leave and I was at peace for a very long time and it was great, not arguing with you folks. It's peaceful when you have people and I dislike the term but it fits, "Circle-jerk" because they mostly approve of the moderates and can have some posters shit on Sanders, and have no Sanders supporters to defend him.

I liken this thread to MSNBC or CNN where you have centrists and moderates speaking about a Progressive candidate, and they all agree with each other, but when you have an actual Progressive who fights back, then people get up in their feelings about #civility #unity #resistance.

We do post policy facts and links and everything, but you guys CHOOSE to ignore them.

If calling Biden a liar is Slander, then Yes I've slandered, because he lies, all the time. Again I posted video of him lying, and yet they are again ignored.

I'm not here to win support for Sanders, You guys are the Votee blue no matter who/Unity folks. If you don't vote for Sanders, I'm not caring a bit. My goal is to fight for the person I think Best suited and to see what the Policy positions are if my candidate doesn't win.

But when I see those people attack my candidate on baseless claims, I don't give a shit about vote blue, CONVINCE ME you can earn my vote.

You can call me a spoiler or throwing away my vote etc.

I will NOT be bullied into voting for a party that doesn't care about me.

I'm sorry to disrupt the "peace" in this thread. I've been known as a person who doesn't fight for what he believes in.

But i'm also known to back them up with facts. Yes sometimes I namecall, but to the people who deserve it, like lyin ass Joe Biden.