Page 402 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452502902 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 17573
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    That Snopes article you're citing says you're wrong.
    Pay attention I literally stated that snopes said it WASN'T SELMA!!!!

He was in DC. Now please watch the video of the man himself, why is that so hard for you?

Impeachment over.

The Senator from the great state of Alaska is voting against witnesses.

Trump will be acquitted by Monday.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    There are now images online of people leaving after one hour.

Makes me wonder if the speech bored them... or if they only got paid for an hour.

There was some internet chatter again about Trump slurring his words during that speech, which was being covered live by Fox news of course. Someone was caught on a live mic giggling at him and then they cut away.

He increasingly can't put logical thoughts (nutty remarks about dishwashers, showers, etc) into his off the cuff remarks that one wonders how he will do in the upcoming debates after the Democratic candidate has been chosen. I don't think he can handle any of them on live TV where you have to think on your feet. Hillary rattled him several times, esp with the puppet remark and I think he has gotten worse in the past 4 years. This slurring has caused speculation about the onset of dementia. His father had Alzheimer's disease and it can be hereditary.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Impeachment over.

It was a valiant try by the Democrats and I don't find this surprising. That's why I never really watched much of the proceedings because the results were baked in the cake. Romney hasn't succeeded being an example for others to be a voice of dissent. I admit that is what I had hoped he would attempt when he ran for the Senate. Grim Reaper Mitch has them all in his thrall. And the ones that weren't have left or are preparing to leave the Senate. McConnell is more dangerous than Trump because he has the advantage of a fully functioning brain. Trump just has almost an animal cunning to get by.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

He was in DC. Now please watch the video of the man himself, why is that so hard for you?
    Amazing.

We seem to be linked to different articles by clicking on the same link. Now which one of us has a virus on their computer?

Ultimate Member

But when I see those people attack my candidate on baseless claims, I don't give a shit about vote blue, CONVINCE ME you can earn my vote.
    I'm not here to convince you to vote for anyone nor to attack Sanders -- all I did was ask how Sanders plans to pay for his programs when people don't vote for candidates who say they will raise taxes, how many progressives have won presidential elections as opposed to moderates, and how he will pass his legislation through Congress.

Those are not attacks -- they are important questions that he will have to face in the election if he wins the nomination. And you avoid those just like you avoid explaining how Sanders is addressing black issues directly, instead choosing to focus on some march he did nearly sixty years ago and attacking Biden with statements and legislation that in no way prove he is racist.

I didn't tell you to vote for Biden and the fact that you are lying and trying to use that as a threat just proves you're only here to fight and argue, not have a reasonable discussion.

With that in mind, if you're not going to simply answer questions about his campaign, then at the very least stop lying about those who disagree with you.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-31-2020 at 12:58 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Impeachment over.

Can't say I'm surprised. In the end, Republicans decided that being accused of participating in a cover-up is easier to deal with than a pissed off Trump and his rabid base. With the help of a compliant and compromised Senate, Trump survived the Mueller Report and now, the Impeachment Trial, all that remains is the general election in November, and you can bet the mortgage Republicans have been working their asses off to rig the vote to get the Orange Menace reelected.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Nadler is also out of the trial due to his wife's health.

So the GOP gets a cakewalk vote today.

Enjoy 4 more years of an unhinged Trump America.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Nadler is also out of the trial due to his wife's health.

So the GOP gets a cakewalk vote today.

Enjoy 4 more years of an unhinged Trump America.
    This we know will backfire in epic fashion on them in a decade once a Democrat gets in office and decides to follow the same play book with the same type of defense..."I did it all for best interests of America , now Republicans ...GO...GET...FUCKED."

They honestly should know how this will go but they are happy to give a President king type powers and will learn a big lesson down the line.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This we know will backfire in epic fashion on them in a decade once a Democrat gets in office and decides to follow the same play book with the same type of defense..."I did it all for best interests of America , now Republicans ...GO...GET...FUCKED."

They honestly should know how this will go but they are happy to give a President king type powers and will learn a big lesson down the line.
    They know Democrats won't do it, because Democrats have decency. It's a win win.

Astonishing Member

Calm down. You claim that is Bernie in that pic but the Snopes article you cited says it's not Bernie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

They know Democrats won't do it, because Democrats have decency. It's a win win.
    Then it's a great thing Dems would probably use it for stuff they'd still abhor, like climate change action or humane treatment of immigrants. Decency doesn't have to factor.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its true , but its gonna take the wrong Democrat at some point who doesn't give a fuck really. At some point its gonna happen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

What scares me now is that the president, feeling emboldened and delusional, might try to cancel the election as he sees that as the only way to stay in office

CNN now has a split screen of the trial with the DJI graph, as the index is down 550 points currently. Apparently, investors don't like the double whammy of the coronavirus and the death of the rule of law in the US.