Page 405 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415455505905 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Senate rehects calling witnesses and admitting additional evidence and with that the impeachment is pretty much over.
    It was always over.

Senate rehects calling witnesses and admitting additional evidence and with that the impeachment is pretty much over.
    We all knew that there was no way the Republicans in the Senate would vote to remove him from office but this is still a sad day. Trump now knows he is officially above the law and his insanity and ego will get even worse.

At least they made fools of themselves by not even allowing witnesses. It’s so blatantly corrupt. That’s what the history books will show.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It just happened.
    Pretty much. He can do whatever the hell he wants. I’d say more dictator than king. But his followers seem to really want a strong man dictator who doesn’t debate or talk things out like a whimpy libtard. He just takes what he wants without any consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    DNC chair Tom Perez on his reasoning for not holding a climate debate because it violated agreed-to rules about the (left) vs. the DNC changing agreed-to debate rules to accommodate a billionaire (right)

https://twitter.com/KateAronoff/stat...50128083439621

The Democratic Party rules get changed for the rich white guy while they didn't get changed for Booker/Castro.

Yeah, sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm not too happy about it myself. They wouldn't adjust the rules to make it easier for Harris, Booker, or Castro but they are letting Bloomberg in.
    I bet he's threatened to run third party and ruin the whole election if they don't make special exceptions for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I bet he's threatened to run third party and ruin the whole election if they don't make special exceptions for him.
    He gave 325, 000 to the DNC before he entered the race.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Bernie Sanders Leads Trump, All 2020 Candidates in Donations From Active-Duty Troops

The Vermont senator outpaces Trump in military fundraising and has doubled his nearest Democratic rival

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...troops-946188/
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I'm not here to convince you to vote for anyone nor to attack Sanders -- all I did was ask how Sanders plans to pay for his programs when people don't vote for candidates who say they will raise taxes, how many progressives have won presidential elections as opposed to moderates, and how he will pass his legislation through Congress.

Those are not attacks -- they are important questions that he will have to face in the election if he wins the nomination. And you avoid those just like you avoid explaining how Sanders is addressing black issues directly, instead choosing to focus on some march he did nearly sixty years ago and attacking Biden with statements and legislation that in no way prove he is racist.

I didn't tell you to vote for Biden and the fact that you are lying and trying to use that as a threat just proves you're only here to fight and argue, not have a reasonable discussion.

With that in mind, if you're not going to simply answer questions about his campaign, then at the very least stop lying about those who disagree with you.

Not you convince me Aja lol. The Candidates need to convince me.
    Last edited by Tazirai; 01-31-2020 at 07:19 PM.

BANNED

So what did we learn from this impeachment?

Republicans have never seen a crime they will not acquit, as long as it's their guy.

Democrats are the weakest people in the country. They want our vote, but not our fight.

You can keep your blue no matter who.

If a Democrat or Independent shows no spine, they don't get my vote. Period.

This guys very short analysis is why we can't trust Republicans.

Because Republicans don't value the Constitution.

BANNED

It's kind of fitting that this happened the same day Brexit became official. In so many ways these two have been tied
    Yep. One thing about Conservatives is they WILL put up a fight for what they believe, while many liberals are TERRIFIED of Conservatives, and give lip service to real fights.

Trump has at least FIVE legit crimes he committed, and Democrats went after abuse of power????

?????

???

Bernie Sanders Has a Big Lead With LGBTQ Voters

https://morningconsult.com/2020/01/3...-lgbtq-voters/

"The Democratic Party is viewed as a coalition of different groups — African Americans and Jewish Americans, laborers and teachers — all organized around a series of particular policy concerns. Among them are LGBTQ Americans, who account for more than a tenth of the party’s primary electorate, Morning Consult polling shows, and are backing Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in a big way.

According to the latest Morning Consult poll that tracks the race, Sanders is the first-choice candidate for 34 percent of Democratic primary voters who identify as LGBTQ, topping his support among the broader electorate by 11 percentage points.

Sanders has a long record of support for gay rights. As Burlington mayor in the 1980s, he proclaimed a Gay Pride Day, while during his tenure in the House, he opposed the Defense of Marriage Act and “don’t ask, don’t tell,” a law that barred gay and lesbian military servicemembers from acknowledging their sexual orientation. And in 2009, Sanders endorsed marriage rights for gay couples — three years before then-Vice President Joe Biden did the same.

But perhaps more notably, Sanders’ strength with LGBTQ primary voters aligns strongly with their demographics.

The Jan. 20-26 poll found that 12 percent of the 17,836 voters who indicated they may vote in the Democratic primary or caucus in their state identified as LGBTQ.

Like Sanders’ supporters, the group skews younger and more liberal than the broader primary electorate: LGBTQ voters are roughly twice as likely to identify as “very liberal” (33 percent vs. 16 percent) and to be between the ages of 18 and 29 (35 percent to 18 percent)."
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Yep. One thing about Conservatives is they WILL put up a fight for what they believe, while many liberals are TERRIFIED of Conservatives, and give lip service to real fights.

Trump has at least FIVE legit crimes he committed, and Democrats went after abuse of power????

?????

???
    Abuse of power was chosen because it was simple. No need to try and explain to the public anything complex, and it was easy to get the public behind it as well. Trump did what dictators do, try and get the strongest election opponent charged with something. The other crimes are either more convoluted or harder to prove (in a legal sense), especially with the obstruction being backed by both the DoJ and the courts.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    So what did we learn from this impeachment?

Republicans have never seen a crime they will not acquit, as long as it's their guy.

Democrats are the weakest people in the country. They want our vote, but not our fight.

You can keep your blue no matter who.

If a Democrat or Independent shows no spine, they don't get my vote. Period.
    Who are you trying to convince here? If it's just stating your opinion how many times do you have to say the same thing as if everyone here doesn't know where you stand?

Your posts smack of a person with a vendetta against this thread as opposed to anyone trying to tell useful info or make any real statement other than you don't like the people here and want to fight with them. Like those Donny fans that showed up during the kavanaugh hearing to gloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    So when do they vote to change Trump's title to King?
    Early February 2021 (if he gets reelected), I suspect.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Gruenwald View Post
    It was always over.
    True, to believe otherwise was wishful thinking at best delusion at worst.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'm confused here , how are the Democrats weak for not having enough Senators to push for witnesses or to make a Republican controlled Senate put their country over party ?

This smacks of idiocy to somehow expect the majority party controlling everything to suddenly agree.

Because i hate to break it to the whole stupid rant , no one expected a Senate controlled by Mitch McConnell to do the right thing. Everyone knew he would acquit Trump asap. Nothing Schiff and company could do would change it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.