Page 411 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461511911 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 17573
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    You mean, to refer to real things? Yes, they have that in common.
    Did you see the article I posted? I do have explain what a strawman argument is?

Do you think when the alt right uses the term "SJW" that's not a strawman argument? If yes, what's the difference between that term and "Bernie Bro"? If not, well are you okay with how the alt right uses the term "SJW"? Do you honestly think "SJW" is a legitimate political term?
    Last edited by The Overlord; 02-01-2020 at 02:40 PM.

You mean, to refer to real things? Yes, they have that in common.
    "SJW" is a strawman term.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    So were just going to do 2016 part 2 with Biden vs. Sanders, with probably a dash extra of election interference thanks to Trumps confirmed status of invincibility? Great, I'll stock up on alcohol now.
    Nah, it's still Sanders vs. Clinton for some reason.

Well...if you want to win? Yeah. The less policy specificity the better your chances.
    That kind of strategy won't help you win if you do not have FoxNews and Putin's bot army on your side. Fergettaboutit.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    More Clinton voters went for McCain than Bernie supporters went for Trump. This has been stated quantified many times. Further more Bernie traveled all over the country stumping for Hillary, Clinton struggled to say she would support Bernie.

The data is clear. The toxic voters who are more liable to throw the election for Trump predominately exist on one side
    Fun fact though:
    Not a single Clinton voter voted for a rapist nazi when Hillary lost to Obama.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    "SJW" is a strawman term.
    The difference is that one rarely if ever sees real "SJWs" online and even fewer who attack everyone they don't agree with.

But one sees plenty of Sanders supporters who act like "Bernie Bros" on nearly political forum -- including this one.

People don't have to tolerate your intolerance for other political candidates -- if Sanders is the better candidate then just prove it at the ballot box.

None of you can simply answer questions regarding Sanders campaign despite being asked to do so repeatedly.

Instead you seem to think anger in vitriol will help your candidate win -- the same anger and vitriol we saw when Sanders lost by four million votes in 2016.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-01-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    The difference is that one rarely if ever sees real "SJWs" online and even fewer who attack everyone they don't agree with.

But one sees plenty of Sanders supporters who act like "Bernie Bros" on nearly political forum -- including this one.

People don't have to tolerate your intolerance for other political candidates -- if Sanders is the better candidate then prove it at the ballot box instead of blaming others.

None of you can simply answer questions regarding Sanders campaign.

Instead you seem to think anger in vitriol will help your candidate win -- the same anger and vitriol we saw when Sanders lost by four million votes in 2016.
    Did you read the Guardian article I posted about this subject, it seems like a lot of Centerist Democrats would rather use straw man terms like Bernie Bros rather than engage in an actual policy debate.

What are the policy arguments have people made on this forum on why say Biden is a better choice for President than Sanders?

You argue Sanders does not have a plan to pay for his Medicare for all plan. Okay, but consider this question, why does Canada spend less of its GDP on health care than the US does? Maybe switching over will cost more in the short term, but will save more in the long term? People do not seem realize how wasteful the current health care system is.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 02-01-2020 at 03:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Fun fact though:
    Not a single Clinton voter voted for a rapist nazi when Hillary lost to Obama.
    No they just voted for the party that ran the prior election against gay marriage, tanked he economy into the worst recession since the great depression about.... 2 months before, were responsible for the worst prolonged war in American history, disenfranchised minorities during hurricane katrina, were waging a war on civil rights with the Patriot act, etc.

Yes they were so morally superior. That's sarcasm by the way. They were complete garbage who couldn't stomach voting for a black man. And there were more of them on Hillary's side than existed in 2016. But keep trying

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Yes they were so morally superior. That's sarcasm by the way. They were complete garbage who couldn't stomach voting for a black man. And there were more of them on Hillary's side than existed in 2016. But keep trying
    Calling people "complete garbage" for voting McCain is exactly the kind of toxicity people are referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Did you read the Guardian article I posted about this subject, it seems like a lot of Centerist Democrats would rather use straw man terms like Bernie Bros rather than engage in an actual policy debate.

How many policy arguments have people made on this forum on why say Biden is a better choice for President than Sanders?
    I'm all for policy debates.

Health care - I'm wary of anyone who says they have a plan and are inflexible about it. I'm wary of pie-in-the-sky ideas that have little grounding in reality. Providing quality health care for everyone is very important, but there are many ways to go about it. Medicare for all may sound nice, but unless you have a way to pay for it without bankrupting the country then it's just a pipe dream. Not to mention such plans need to go through Congress, otherwise a President might as well be speaking to him or herself. If you can't get Congress on board with the plan, then it's dead in the water.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    You argue Sanders does not have a plan to pay for his Medicare for all plan. Okay, but consider this question, why does Canada spend less of its GDP on health care than the US does?
    I don't want to consider anything but the facts regarding Sanders' campaign.

So give me the data regarding how Sanders will pay for his programs, and how he will pass it in Congress, as well as how many times an American "progressive" politician has won running on a platform of raising taxes.

I didn't argue he doesn't have a plan -- I asked for data regarding his plan.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-01-2020 at 03:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Calling people "complete garbage" for voting McCain is exactly the kind of toxicity people are referring to.
    Do you think Trump is a demon that rose from Hell or a product of the GOP itself? The corruption and racism within the GOP did not begin with Trump, it's been there from the 60s, I see little moral difference between Trump and George W. Bush and McCain choosing Palin as CP showed what side he was on. Trump just turned the dog whistle into a bull horn, the GOP has been an immoral body since the 1960s, no good Republicans will save us because that is a contradiction in terms.

If Trump is a fascist, the GOP was going that way long before Trump ran for President.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 02-01-2020 at 03:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

I don't want to consider anything but the facts regarding Sanders' campaign.

So give me the data regarding how Sanders will pay for his programs, and how he pass it in Congress, as well as how many times an American politician has won running on a platform of raising taxes.

I didn't argue he doesn't have a plan -- I asked for data regarding his plan.
    I do not know the answer to that, but I have to ask what's Biden's plan to reduce waste in the current system? Plus you do not answer my first question, why does Canada spend less of its GDP on health care than the US does? Why wouldn't switching over save money in the long run?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Bernie Sanders supported an autocratic regime that send minorities and political dissidents into gulags. Heck, he honeymooned there.
    Reading that tweet started me thinking about Sanders' character today.

Even though he may look like he is 140, he did not become a fan of the Soviets when they replaced the Tzar with promises of equality and wealth for everyone during World War I.

He became a fan after Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn described the horrors of the Gulag. After tanks in Prague, after a violent Russian beat-down of the East-German uprising of 1953. After the Berlin wall went up and Germans were shot dead by the dozens trying to flee the Communist part. During the blood stained "Cultural Evolution" in China.

That is not the sign of a moral human being. The fact that he puts himself on a moral high horse today is making me want to vomit. In Bernie's smug face. Repeatedly.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

John McCain was a vile human being. A warmonger of the highest order.

Anyone who voted for him or supported him should be ashamed of themselves.