Page 435 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535935 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Not at all -- I'm not even a Democrat, so now you're just blindly trying to pick fights.
    there won't be any fight. you have your opinion. i have mine. you're against Bernie. i'm at least considering giving him my vote.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    there won't be any fight. you have your opinion. i have mine. you're against Bernie. i'm at least considering giving him my vote.
    I'm not against Sanders at all -- I just asked questions about his campaign and pointed out why he might have problems in a general election.

Again, trying to play the victim isn't going to win your candidate any votes, nor is lying about people on message boards.

If Sanders lose again, it won't be because of "democrats" -- it's because it's obvious that he -- and his supporters -- didn't learn from the mistakes they made last time around.

Lying and annoying and harassing others does not help Sanders -- don't blame the "media" after losing by millions of votes if all you do is drive people away from your candidate.

If Sanders win the primaries, then so be it -- that's when the real work will begin, and everything that I'm asking here will be asked regardless.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-03-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Second man with ties to Mexico’s largest monarch butterfly reserve found dead

MEXICO CITY — Authorities are investigating the death of a part-time tour guide in one of Mexico’s largest butterfly sanctuaries — the second person connected to the reserve found dead in less than a week.

The body of Raúl Hernández Romero, 44, was found badly beaten with a sharp object on Saturday. The body of local politician Homero Gómez González, a well-known defender of the monarch butterfly sanctuary in Michoacan state was recovered last week after a two-week disappearance.

Hernández Romero was last seen Jan. 27 leaving his home in the municipality of Angangueo. His wife reported the disappearance to local authorities, who were then still searching for Gómez González.

Officials said they were uncertain of any connection between the two deaths, or between their deaths and their work in environmental conservation.
    For years, illegal loggers tied to Mexico’s criminal underworld have clashed with conservationists who tried and eventually succeeded to ban logging from the butterfly sanctuaries in the state of Michoacan.

Between 2005 and 2006, 461 hectares in the region were lost to illegal logging. The destruction threatened the world’s largest butterfly migration.

Gómez González, a former logger himself, spoke out against the threat of illegal timber. Millions of butterflies travel thousands of miles from the United States and Canada each year to winter on a few hillsides in Michoacan, a spectacle that draws thousands of tourists annually.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The most important Democrat in the history of this country was FDR and he was alot closer to people like AOC and Sanders than he was to Clinton or Obama. And he also accomplished alot more and started the golden era for Democratic dominance in Congress.
    And FDR also put Japanese-Americans in internment camps. What do you think AOC and Bernie Sanders would have thought about that if they had been in Congress at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    And FDR also put Japanese-Americans in internment camps. What do you think AOC and Bernie Sanders would have thought about that if they had been in Congress at the time?
    True, which is why purity tests are bogus and self-destructive. Few people let all our career politicians are perfect, even the best make mistakes.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Shes terrible at her job as well as being a terrible person. And shes too busy campiagning for Trump to do her job and testify for House oversight panels for her Department.

DeVos threatened with subpoena by House oversight panel

In a letter to DeVos, Maloney (D-N.Y.) wrote that she had invited DeVos to testify on Jan. 29 about “critical issues facing the Department,” including oversight of federal student loans, policies on campus sexual harassment and assault, protections for students at for-profit colleges, the independence of the department’s inspector general and compliance with collective bargaining requirements.
    The House is trying to do their job of oversight into her department and she cant be bothered to schedule her appearance because she is stumping for Trump

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Since this bears repeating, what Sanders actually said seem pretty clear to me...
    That kind of makes it worse.
    He says the blacks in South Africa had it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    True, which is why purity tests are bogus and self-destructive. Few people let all our career politicians are perfect, even the best make mistakes.
    Trump thinks he's perfect

Trump is either trolling everyone or thinks he's like a god

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Is the discussion about successful campaigning or are we shifting the goal posts to candidates without issues on their record. Because I can talk about a few dead kids from drone strikes from a President Obama or the Bay of Pigs from another popular President. So maybe you should never vote for a Democrat if that's your standard.

But realistically the discussion was about the ability to succeed in elections and enact policy agenda.

Nice try though. It probably worked on a few people who don't know how a discussions work

How to Fight Fake News

In the era of disinformation campaigns, deepfakes and clickbait, being able to identify quality information has become an essential part of being a responsible citizen.

As election season kicks into full gear this week with the Iowa caucuses, we spoke with three Rutgers librarians to better understand fake news as a phenomenon, and what we can do to stop it from spreading.

oh, i can agree to that. i just know that people generally don't read. so i added the relevant quote.
    We're trying not to give Clillizza the clicks, so thanks for taking one for the team.

BANNED

Try this one. lol I'll link below.

So sick of Moderates and Centrists shitting on Progressives. KNEE, THY MUST BEND!

BANNED

Hillary can continue to be a shitty person, and slander us, but if we call out her bull ****, the Pearls THEY MUST BE CLUTCHED!!!

I hope Sanders CRUSHES it tonight. Then His lead in NH increases even beyond the 24% it already is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    That kind of makes it worse.
    He says the blacks in South Africa had it better.
    Ehhh I think that's an iffy interpretation. It looks like he was saying the blacks in South Africa who had it much worse were at least taking back their agency against harsher oppression in effort to shame the complacency of the people he self admittedly made a dumb comparison with.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I'm not against Sanders at all -- I just asked questions about his campaign and pointed out why he might have problems in a general election.
    while not doing the same for Biden. kindly stop insulting my intelligence.