Page 437 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537937 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 17573
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    And FDR also put Japanese-Americans in internment camps. What do you think AOC and Bernie Sanders would have thought about that if they had been in Congress at the time?
    Yeah but it's pretty silly to suggest that FDR put people in those camps BECAUSE he was economically progressive, or that a moderate wouldn't have done the same or worse. Pretty much nobody at the time protested the camps or stuck their necks out to help the prisoners, it's pretty rich to think that someone who gave less of a **** about the well-being of the poor would somehow have found some sympathy for them.
    Last edited by PwrdOn; 02-03-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer.
    But I guess he will die happy.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    The final poll for Iowa that I had not seen, in an unexpected twist, has neither Sanders nor Biden in the lead.
    But Buttigieg.
    Not that surprised I've noticed a pretty big uptick in people talking about him favorably in Bettendorf, IA. As far as I know none of my close friends are caucusing for him though.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Smoking cigars for decades will do that to you.

Ironically, the only policy that Rush doesn't seem to be a regressive on is cancer. On THAT, he's progressive.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The final poll for Iowa that I had not seen, in an unexpected twist, has neither Sanders nor Biden in the lead.
    But Buttigieg.
    Well...****. He's my second to last choice.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Yeah but it's pretty silly to suggest that FDR put people in those camps BECAUSE he was economically progressive, or that a moderate wouldn't have done the same or worse. Pretty much nobody at the time protested the camps or stuck their necks out to help the prisoners, it's pretty rich to think that someone who gave less of a **** about the well-being of the poor would somehow have found some sympathy for them.
    FDR was Asst Secretary of the Navy under Woodrow Wilson - who was a regressive on racial issues even by the standards of the day. Being a progressive economically does not mean being one socially, especially back in those days when each party had its own conservative and progressive wing.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

But Buttigieg.
    Honestly, for Iowa, it makes sense. They often pick some schmo with no real chance.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I have no idea what you're even talking about here -- I never claimed I'm a victim of anything.

you literally just said that i accused you of being a democrat as if it caused an existential crisis.

I just pointed out the fact that you already lied in trying to accuse me of being a Democrat just because I questioned Sanders' policies.
    again, i don't know you. how is it a lie? when you're repeating the attacks of the democrats in this thread, you all kind of blend into one person. the labels aren't really that important. we don't agree.

You have serious issues with projection -- I know you're desperate to see Sanders win because this might be his last opportunity to run, but don't go attacking and lying about other people just because we don't see him as you do.
    you keep trying to make it personal. and, again, i'm a Warren supporter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    again, i don't know you. how is it a lie?
    Because I'm not a Democrat, nor am I against Sanders, so you're both projecting and lying.

You literally claimed that "I'm the problem" just for asking questions about Sanders policies and being forthright about his weaknesses in a general election.

I could respond in kind but I know that all you want to do is argue, so I won't bother -- I'll just point out that at no time did I attack Sanders, I just said that Republicans are the real problem and that's what you responded to.

I already said we don't agree -- you're the one who can't just agree to disagree and move on.

This is a textbook example of why most people don't even want to engage with Sanders supporters online -- you wind up dealing with constant attacks and harassment, just for questioning their candidate.

Edit: Removed the part about Sanders because I have better things to do with my time.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-03-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Heard about that an hour ago. While Limbaugh is a first class ogre, I wouldn’t wish that horror on ANYBODY, not even Donald Trump. My mother, a lifelong smoker died from lung cancer, she was diagnosed in early September 1992, despite chemo, radiation and surgery, the disease spread, by early December, she was basically sent home to die, and, little over a month later, she did. The worst part was watching her waste away to nothing, wracked with pain and needing morphine for it every four hours around the clock, at the end, she was reduced to skin and bones, resembling a concentration camp survivor, and death was a release. That’s what Limbaugh will be facing, and it’s a nightmare.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    My prediction for Iowa.

1. Bernie will win the first ballot
    2. Biden or Warren will win the second ballot
    3. No one will be happy
    Reposting this now.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Smoking cigars for decades will do that to you.

Ironically, the only policy that Rush doesn't seem to be a regressive on is cancer. On THAT, he's progressive.
    Dunno. Here he is claiming that second hand smoke doesn't cause cancer and that the left suppressed the studies.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Moderates, centrists, progressives, it's all BULLSHIT! That's what I'M sick of!

It's well past time to ditch all these fucking dumbass labels, unite as ONE goddamn party and elect the best possible candidate to beat Donald Trump. What part of that simple concept is eluding everybody?
    i vote for who i like. and right now, i'd take anyone who trump. so long as said person is best for the job, which is pretty much anyone but trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Honestly, for Iowa, it makes sense. They often pick some schmo with no real chance.
    Oh, you mean like President Obama. Yeah we really fucked that one up.

There was also that time we picked Hillary Clinton, and John Kerry, and Al Gore.

Basically the only time we didn't pick the eventual nominee in the last 30 years was when Tom Harkin ran 1992.

But go off.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 02-03-2020 at 04:24 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Reposting this now.
    I'm not Caucusing for Bernie, I'm in for Warren, but I fully expect him to win here.
    Pull List: