Page 449 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 349399439445446447448449450451452453459499549949 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,735 of 17573

I see some folks are getting in early on the 'DnC RiGGed the 2020 PriMarY' nonsense.

Also:

https://www.informant.news/p/threat-against-adam-schiff

CHIFF THREATENED… A man in Arizona has been accused by federal authorities of threatening to kill Congressman Adam Schiff, the lead prosecutor in the impeachment trial of President Donald Trump.
    Court records show that Jan Peter Meister, a 52-year-old registered sex offender, told investigators he drunkenly left the threatening voicemail at Schiff’s Washington, D.C. office after watching Fox News and googling the congressman’s phone number.
    Remember when some folks in this thread were questioning whether Trump's comments about Schiff were REALLY stochastic in action?

Also, here's a great thread from Alexandra Erin, who's political analysis is pretty good and is worth a follow as she is frequently brilliant:

https://twitter.com/AlexandraErin/st...39140945809408
    Last edited by Tendrin; 02-04-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Luxemburg View Post
    Her ripping up his speech is inconsequential.

Perfectly emblematic of the "resistance" she offers against Trump.
    Yep.

They need to internalize that there is right around "Zero..." point in Green/Independent/Libertarian/Democrat/"Never Trump" Republican trying to play Trump at his own game.

I can't say I'm not laughing my ass off at the left. My god guys, when people told you to reform your side after Trump beat you they didn't mean reform it back to Tammany Hall and Boss Tweed!
    Reimagined public domain superheroes in a 1945 that never was!
    Read the superhero webcomic THE POWER OF STARDUST!

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Gruenwald View Post
    I can't say I'm not laughing my ass off at the left. My god guys, when people told you to reform your side after Trump beat you they didn't mean reform it back to Tammany Hall and Boss Tweed!
    I'll take things that aren't actually happening for $100 Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I'll take things that aren't actually happening for $100 Alex
    Pretty much. The crapfest in Iowa is due to laziness and incompetence (always test new software before going live, folks) rather than corruption.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Pretty much. The crapfest in Iowa is due to laziness and incompetence (always test new software before going live, folks) rather than corruption.
    It's not even that. It's the kind of problems you expect to happen on the rollout of seriously untested tech combined with new procedures that were put in place by the DNC /in cooperation/ with Bernie's camp. No votes were lost. Paper tallies were recorded. The only thing that messed up was the app and now the same folks you'd expect are busy trotting out the 2016 'iT WaS rIGGed' BS because Pete might've won it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's not even that. It's the kind of problems you expect to happen on the rollout of seriously untested tech combined with new procedures that were put in place by the DNC /in cooperation/ with Bernie's camp. No votes were lost. Paper tallies were recorded. The only thing that messed up was the app and now the same folks you'd expect are busy trotting out the 2016 'iT WaS rIGGed' BS because Pete might've won it.
    Was testing the app thoroughly beforehand really difficult??

Sometimes testing can be difficult...for various reasons it can be hard to replicate in testing what’s going to happen in practice. But in this case...my own feeling is that any good test manager could have set up and run scenarios to comprehensively check that app could tally a few hundred votes.

Did they test what would happen if several thousand people tried to use the app all at the same time?

Last edited by Billy Batson; 02-04-2020 at 11:45 PM.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Did they test what would happen if several thousand people tried to use the app all at the same time?
    If they didn’t it was poor testing...they knew that what was exactly what was going to happen in practice.

Of course, you couldn’t in testing have several thousand real voters using the app...but you could (and should) mimic thousands of simultaneous votes by setting up automated electronic voters to mimic that.

The claims of rigging are, in fact, nonsense. I mean, if you're coming down to conspiracies about 'coin rigging', you've already lost the plot. And if you think the 'DNC' is 'cheating to win' as it is, you're already revealing how unprepared you are to face the Republican party in the general.

And yes, the problems that the app encountered were, in fact, both predicted and predictable. It doesn't require a conspiracy for software to fall down go boom. Just look at, well... any major app release in the last twenty years and the ones that went entirely smoothy and to plan can be counted on one hand.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 02-05-2020 at 12:00 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Gruenwald View Post
    A guy who mocks progressives and who's sig advertises a webcomic taking place in 1945. Somehow I feel this is not a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It's The Democratic Party.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    A guy who mocks progressives and who's sig advertises a webcomic taking place in 1945. Somehow I feel this is not a coincidence.
    And what do you mean by that?
    Reimagined public domain superheroes in a 1945 that never was!
    Read the superhero webcomic THE POWER OF STARDUST!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

To tell the truth, aren't these SOTU events a big waste of time anyway? One side remains seated while the other gives a standing ovation if Trump farts. I wonder what the count of lies were. I caught several without even thinking....fighting for existing conditions, lower prices on prescription drugs, credit for the growing economy (that happened with Obama) . I truly think someone on his campaign staff was assigned to go find some black people they can help and put them on TV.