Page 454 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504554954 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's not even that. It's the kind of problems you expect to happen on the rollout of seriously untested tech combined with new procedures that were put in place by the DNC /in cooperation/ with Bernie's camp. No votes were lost. Paper tallies were recorded. The only thing that messed up was the app and now the same folks you'd expect are busy trotting out the 2016 'iT WaS rIGGed' BS because Pete might've won it.
    My wife was our Precinct Chair and I was our Secretary. I was there.
    This is pretty much what happened.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    No it just shows that a lot of people here are ignorant of how important this juncture of the primary process is. We don’t know who won Iowa on Wednesday and NH is next week. Bernie and Pete both would want to campaign on the Iowa results if they did well and they won. Meanwhile Biden who is the front runner had an awful showing and this could have severely damaged his momentum and allowed all the other candidates to have a chance.

Take Bernie out of it. Say Pete won. He campaigns all week on a win, his next strongest state is NH next week. It gives him a boost there and he has a shot of winning it. Meanwhile, Pete is driving to score Biden voters and donors. Biden had a horrible turnout in Iowa that nobody is talking about. All of a sudden those donors are looking more at giving Pete a windfall and people who were lukewarm on Biden have an alternative who has shown they can win.

Now Biden is pretty much shielded from what would be an awful situation and before Pete can really place himself with a ton of momentum, Sanders likely wins NH and all of the bets he hedged on winning Iowa didn’t matter and it’s old news and he can’t capitalize.

I’ve said this twice now, if this happened in 2008, you likely will not get Obama with the nomination.

This thing can fundamentally change a race for people. Even Klobuchar, she did okay here, but this could outright end her campaign because she bet big on it and it became irrelevant.

So regardless of the winner, this is a devastating outcome for many candidates.
    First, I'll remind you it was me who said this exact scenario could happen with Buttigieg and it was YOU that threw a pissy tantrum about how unlikely it was. Please question that, I'd love to repost it!

Second, no one is questioning that the way this happened sucks for Bernie and Buttigieg. It sucks for them. It's the only saving grace for people like Biden and Klobuchar. (I've said that as well) But the fact that it sucks for them is not grounds to start posting conspiracy theories. We have two Bernie posters actively doing that.

Would you agree, that at this point, that's reckless and stupid? Complaining that it sucks? Yeah, i agree. It does. Conspiracy? Baseless nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    My wife was our Precinct Chair and I was our Secretary. I was there.
    This is pretty much what happened.
    As far as I know there are two people on this thread that caucused (You and I). Interestingly, from what I've seen, several of people on this thread, who didn't, seem to know much more about the process and what happened then either of us.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 02-05-2020 at 12:10 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Romney votes to convict Trump:

"Corrupting an election to keep oneself in office is perhaps the most abusive and destructive violation of one's oath of office that I can imagine."
    Twitter Link
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah I’m not shitting on Romney anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    link

Buttigiege, Sanders, Warren and then Biden. Bloomberg's at 0 with Gabbard.
    Bloomberg had decided not to run in Iowa, so that means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Luxemburg View Post
    Her ripping up his speech is inconsequential.

Perfectly emblematic of the "resistance" she offers against Trump.
    It was not inconsequential, she once again played Trump like a fiddle: The Iowa chaos is gone from the news cycle. Trump tweeted four times more about her ripping up his speech than about the content of his speech. She upstaged him. Again. There are few things that raise his blood pressure more.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    It was not inconsequential, she once again played Trump like a fiddle: The Iowa chaos is gone from the news cycle. Trump tweeted four times more about her ripping up his speech than about the content of his speech. She upstaged him. Again. There are few things that raise his blood pressure more.
    the news cycle? are you watching what trump supporters are watching? because they were crowing about it all morning; asking for Nancy's "impeachment" and saying that she looked like a bratty child. she just gave them a reason to not take her seriously. it's the perfect way to follow up the sheer incompetence of Iowa. she's so out of touch with the people on the ground.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    You aint lying. They have been ranting and raving about her being the biggest bitch ever at work ALL DAY. Not to mention dominating twitter and almost anything from his speech. She stays upstaging him.

The audacity of them complaining about her being "childish" or "unprofessional" when they LOVE trumps ass.

I mean the fury and anger. Where was that when trump was throwing kids in cages? Where was it for all his racist ass polices and rhetoric?

He even makes fun of people expecting him to be "presidential" (professional) and they don't say shit. But now trying to call her out for it? Please.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 02-05-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    With 29% of the vote still yet to be tallied and Buttigieg ahead by less than 2%, his declaring victory could turn out to be his "Howard Dean Scream."
    doesn't matter with people posting that Buttigeg has the lead now. first impressions count.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Pelosi and the moderate democrats are pathetic and conniving. i 100% believe that they would rather Trump be in office so they can continue to wag their finger at him than see a progressive win.
    Congratulations.
    That was the most idiotic thing I read today.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Fox host Chris Wallace tells Romney that his action means "this is war." Wallace: "Donald Trump will never forgive you for this." Romney replies by quoting from a hymn: “Do what is right. Let the consequence follow.”

Twitter

You know at least you get the sense hes truly acting in the sense of being on the right side of history and doing the right thing. I would be way less harsh on the GOP if more of them actually stood up for what was right and didnt just hide when it was inconvenient and do what Trump and Mitch tell them to do.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I never did care for Romney, but he did go the extra mile with his speech.

When he said that he is very religious and that an oath before god means something to him... that was hitting his hypocritical colleagues below the belt. Hard. It's as damaging to ALL of them in future elections as Sanders calling Hillary unqualified.

We may actually see a split in the Republican party, with Romney, George Conway, Rick Wilson, Ana Navarro, Bill Kristol, Max Boot & Charlie Sykes possibly starting a new party, or at least a kind of movement like the Tea Party. Maybe Joe Walsh, though he does not play well with others.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Luxemburg View Post
    Her ripping up his speech is inconsequential.

Perfectly emblematic of the "resistance" she offers against Trump.
    Exactly. She did give the man 120 billion to murder more people... #resistance lol.