Page 463 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 363413453459460461462463464465466467473513563963 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,945 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Which has nothing to do with the fact that he stayed in the race long after it wasn't mathematically possible for him to win.

Not saying he was wrong for doing so, just that you shouldn't complain if other candidates choose to do so as well.
    Didn't Hillary do the same to Obama?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hillary Clinton got 65 million votes in 2016, so, it is possible for a woman to be elected president, but it would be the ultimate glass ceiling to break. There have been female heads of state all over the damn planet, in countries large and small, the fact that hasn't happened in the U.S. in the 21st century speaks to the misogynistic mindset that still prevails in this country.
    Hillary would have won if her negatives hadn't been so high (Trump's were higher, but his ability to evoke passion for his candidacy compensated for that and then some). IMO, the glass ceiling would have been comfortably broken back in 2016 with a Warren.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

I'd be fine with Buttigieg, but he could have a problem with churchgoing, Christian blacks, rumored, if not said to have as much tolerance for LGBTQ people as hardcore, conservative white bible thumpers. Imagine the vitriol slung at Barack Obama for being an African-American president amped up tenfold if a gay man were to get that close to the Oval Office. Heads in the pews, both black and white would literally explode. I hope I'm wrong, but this country isn't as forward thinking as most would believe, and gays remain a less than fully accepted minority.
    I agree with ya. Pete's policies are a weakness to me.
    But as a black former Christian now Atheist I have no issues with Pete. But even though the Constitution says their should be no religious tests. Man religious people think the POTUS is somehow ordained by their God. Sadly there is no convincing older religious whites and some religious blacks otherwise. It's what they've been taught. Even if their Bible disagrees with them on many of the issues they think it agrees with them, they'll thumb their nose at it. Sadly we have to wait for them to die off to see real changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Was really hoping the #Resistance would have done more to get Trump hone, like prosecute him on his actual list of crimes, like the 25th amendment, overwhelm them on his crimes, not the vague abuse of power.

They think the American people wouldn't understand multiple crimes? Congress could have called witnesses and didn't.

Now the moron in chief has his highest approval rating and can claim his invulnerability. Then the Democrats bungle Iowa.

The Democratic party needs a sea change.
    Some of us prefer less Major Change and more Competency and Political Experience. Trump was elected under the banner of 'I am an outsider and I will change everything', boy did that turn out badly.

The only change I want is the one that gets us back on track to having a functional government, a functional foreign service, and a stable economy.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

She did.

She thought he was gonna get assassinated lol. ��
    She also created the Obama boy slur.
    She also tried to out him as a secret Muslim.
    Like there's something un-American about Islam.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Some of us prefer less Major Change and more Competency and Political Experience. Trump was elected under the banner of 'I am an outsider and I will change everything', boy did that turn out badly.

The only change I want is the one that gets us back on track to having a functional government, a functional foreign service, and a stable economy.
    I hear you Tammy but some of us can't wait for Incrementalism. A stable economy where people still make bad wages is still bad. Stock market means jack to most Americans, also the reason we got Trump in my opinion is because of things being status quo. People are suffering and were being asked to wait.

Why? Mainly for reasons of Decorum, process and appearance.
    I have a chronic illness and last month with private health insurance was denied my meds.

We can't afford more status quo. Look at history and see how well not looking out for citizens works. There are revolutions when things stop working for the many.

In Brazil it took a hike in busing prices to get people marching.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If my point is that people shouldn't complain about it, it doesn't matter whether Hillary did so or not.

Always asking the "relevant" questions -- shouldn't you be more concerned about the corruption in your own party, regardless?

It's not hard to see who benefits most from all of this infighting, regardless of your claims regarding Trump.

Hillary Clinton got 65 million votes in 2016, so, it is possible for a woman to be elected president, but it would be the ultimate glass ceiling to break. There have been female heads of state all over the damn planet, in countries large and small, the fact that hasn't happened in the U.S. in the 21st century speaks to the misogynistic mindset that still prevails in this country.
    America was ready for a woman president four years ago as it is now, but the U.S. electoral college was not ready for a woman president. Some of the swing states didn't want a female president.

If there is a woman I would like to vote for as president of the United States this year, I'd prefer to vote for Tulsi to be president of the United States. Tulsi Gabbard is a Hindu Samoan-American, but she is also less politically correct and more moderate than most of her presidential primary rivals. I like some of her positions on universal health care and environment.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It’s a misuse of power. But really I think you want an actual hard crime like treason or a felony type offense
    I think in most countries consorting with a foreign power to corrupt your own countries democratic elections would be regarded as treason.

It’s incredible..I think..that your President could survive in office if most Americans believe he did that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    America was ready for a woman president four years ago as it is now, but the U.S. electoral college was not ready for a woman president. Some of the swing states didn't want a female president.
    Given the level of interference in the last election, and Hillary's own personal history of "scandal", that's pure speculation on your part as she doesn't represent every potential female candidate.

Michelle Obama, for instance, would have a very different experience if she ran for president.

Now the moron in chief has his highest approval rating and can claim his invulnerability. Then the Democrats bungle Iowa.

It's too late for a change now that the primaries have already began.

Democrats reap what they sow. But when they try to sow the wind, they will reap the whirlwind.

I wonder if the Democrats will be able to learn their lesson in next 4 years?

Bernie brings in more than just young voters

Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Was really hoping the #Resistance would have done more to get Trump hone, like prosecute him on his actual list of crimes, like the 25th amendment, overwhelm them on his crimes, not the vague abuse of power.

They think the American people wouldn't understand multiple crimes? Congress could have called witnesses and didn't.

Congress didn't WANT to call witnesses. Midnight Mitch saw to that, and there was nothing Dems could do to prevent it as the GOP was under strict orders to protect Trump at all costs, regardless of whatever malfeasance he committed. If he gunned someone in cold blood at high noon on the White House lawn in front of hundreds of people with the nation watching live, Republicans would STILL have fought to get him exonerated. As for that approval rating....Big. Freaking. Hairy. Deal. It's early February, the election is in November, I could care less about such meaningless numbers which go up and down almost daily on the most baseless whim. As for Iowa, yeah, that was a self inflicted wound, but I don't care about that either, not with scores more states having primaries, a week from today, no one will be talking about the Iowa faux pas.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Consider this. New York, a very blue state, has never had a female governor. The closest we came was when Betsy McCoy Ross, a Republican (!) was Lieutenant Governor. And New York City, a very, very blue city has never had a female mayor. We've had a few female candidates for mayor, but none of them have ever won. So even in one of the bluest cities in one of the bluest states, the misogyny is still strong.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Consider this. New York, a very blue state, has never had a female governor. The closest we came was when Betsy McCoy Ross, a Republican (!) was Lieutenant Governor. And New York City, a very, very blue city has never had a female mayor. We've had a few female candidates for mayor, but none of them have ever won. So even in one of the bluest cities in one of the bluest states, the misogyny is still strong.
    Agreed. Pennsylvania has never had a female governor and, as far as I know, it's two largest cities, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh never had female mayors, and the former has been solidly blue for at least the last half century.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!