Page 464 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468474514564964 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    It's too late for a change now that the primaries have already began.

Democrats reap what they sow. But when they try to sow the wind, they will reap the whirlwind.

I wonder if the Democrats will be able to learn their lesson in next 4 years?
    I said before, impeachment would be more about positioning after the fact and I didn’t trust Democrats to win a marketing war. Complete shitshow. Democrats gave Trump the biggest gift of his presidency

Maybe it is because Pennsylvania and New York would rather prefer a male qualified cendidate to an unqualified female candidate?

But New York state may not have a female governor but it has had a few female United States senators including Hillary Clinton and Kirsten Gillibrand.

Soviet Union and People's Republic of China never had a female leader.

Even predominantly Muslim Pakistan had a female democratically elected president named Benazir Bhutto in 1988, even though Pakistanis would murder their daughters in the so-called honor killings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benazir_Bhutto
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing
    Last edited by Zauriel; 02-06-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I said before, impeachment would be more about positioning after the fact and I didn’t trust Democrats to win a marketing war. Complete shitshow. Democrats gave Trump the biggest gift of his presidency
    True. Their marketing is based on political correctness. Democrats are pandering to the minorities for their votes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I think in most countries consorting with a foreign power to corrupt your own countries democratic elections would be regarded as treason.

It’s incredible..I think..that your President could survive in office if most Americans believe he did that.
    Yet the Republican party finds it completely acceptable and defends said behavior to the tune of record approval ratings.

Meanwhile, some sit here and blame the Democrats for taking a stand against it instead of just holding the Republicans accountable for their actions.

It would be one thing if their candidate had proven he could do he could do any better in the past than the "moderates" who have won the last two presidencies (Obama) and had a historic showing in the last midterm elections -- the vast majority of their belief in Sanders (and other "progressive" candidates) is based on speculation, not actual legislation, election success, or relevant action.

As it stands however, they are willing to destroy what often works in a national election in an effort to support what rarely if ever works.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-06-2020 at 11:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Congress didn't WANT to call witnesses. Midnight Mitch saw to that, and there was nothing Dems could do to prevent it as the GOP was under strict orders to protect Trump at all costs, regardless of whatever malfeasance he committed. If he gunned someone in cold blood at high noon on the White House lawn in front of hundreds of people with the nation watching live, Republicans would STILL have fought to get him exonerated. As for that approval rating....Big. Freaking. Hairy. Deal. It's early February, the election is in November, I could care less about such meaningless numbers which go up and down almost daily on the most baseless whim. As for Iowa, yeah, that was a self inflicted wound, but I don't care about that either, not with scores more states having primaries, a week from today, no one will be talking about the Iowa faux pas.
    Agreed with all you said.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    It's too late for a change now that the primaries have already began.

Democrats reap what they sow. But when they try to sow the wind, they will reap the whirlwind.

I wonder if the Democrats will be able to learn their lesson in next 4 years?
    They had three years to get their act together, and they didn't. What makes you think four more years will change that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Consider this. New York, a very blue state, has never had a female governor. The closest we came was when Betsy McCoy Ross, a Republican (!) was Lieutenant Governor. And New York City, a very, very blue city has never had a female mayor. We've had a few female candidates for mayor, but none of them have ever won. So even in one of the bluest cities in one of the bluest states, the misogyny is still strong.
    I'm an American that has lived in Japan for nearly a decade, Lived in England, Germany, Italy, and been to France multiple times. They ALL have had Female PM's, Mayors, heads of state, etc.
    There is something DEEP in the substance of America where women are seen as this I love Lucy caricature of "Your lane is making babies and staying in the kitchen."

If you were to tell the average Americn male that women have fought in EVERY SINGLE WAR ever. Their heads explode. The Khamere Rouge King, his personal bodyguard were the best warriors he had, all women.
    There's this deep Christian orthodoxy, that is nowhere in the Bible, that says Women must be protected and their purpose is to produce, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Yeah I don’t really want to hear centrists crying about people saying “rigged”. It’s very obvious who benefitted and didn’t benefit from this fuck up
    Buttigeg benefited from it. Sanders was screwed by the process.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Agreed. Pennsylvania has never had a female governor and, as far as I know, it's two largest cities, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh never had female mayors, and the former has been solidly blue for at least the last half century.
    I lived in PA off and on up until 1992 and in Philly, it was either an Italian male, or a Black male. That's it.

Astonishing Member

First Bernie Bros were saying 'the establishment' is putting Biden on top. Now that that Buttigieg is ahead in the primaries they are saying 'the establishment' is rigging the votes for Buttigieg. Lol these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    They had three years to get their act together, and they didn't. What makes you think four more years will change that?
    Either Trump's reelection success or Republicans taking control of both the Senate and House after the elections in November makes me think four more years will change that. But if Trump's reelection victory doesn' t change the Democrats' minds, nothing will.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Buttigeg benefited from it. Sanders was screwed by the process.
    Biden benefitted. If the results were Monday night the news casts would have been talking about a disaster for Biden and donors would be ditching him for Pete

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    First Bernie Bros were saying 'the establishment' is putting Biden on top. Now that that Buttigieg is ahead in the primaries they are saying 'the establishment' is rigging the votes for Buttigieg. Lol these guys.
    Spoken like someone who doesn’t understand primaries and just wanted to say words to vent