Page 470 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 370420460466467468469470471472473474480520570970 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 17573
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    But it hasn't impacted his poll numbers thus so far it is an L. If anything this gives him a talking point (the acquittal) that I predict will help him which he would not otherwise have had. You can spin it any way you want but this is a farce at best a disaster at worst.
    I don't buy into polls -- polls said Trump most likely wouldn't be president.

I'm not "spinning" anything so don't try to make this into an argument -- whether or not it worked will be determined in the next election.

With that in mind, I'm not making a claim either way since the ultimate result remains to be seen.

No one with any understanding of McConnell ever expected an actual removal from office -- he let everyone know from the start that it would never happen.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-06-2020 at 08:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    NBC and the Associated Press won't declare Buttigieg the winner. They said there are too many errors in the data and we'll know the winner of NH before Iowa.

This is a never ending trainwreck.
    Exactly. NOBODY is declaring a winner due to the sheer amount of reporting errors. and they STILL have not counted the UAW-1.

CNN is stating that there are multiple errors in the reporting, and MSNBC, which DESPISES Sanders, is saying the same thing.

But some of the posters here still think we're nus and will continue to shit on us.
    So yeah Bernie got cheated again.

If you don't think so, tough luck.

BANNED

Nobody is calling it. LOL

NBC News review of Iowa caucus vote finds potential errors, inconsistencies
    The results as reported by the Iowa Democratic Party raise questions about the accuracy of the outcome of the first-in-the-nation vote.

It's still sitting at 99% in the actuals.

The Associated Press ‘is unable to declare a winner’ in Iowa.

The Fuckery of the DNC knows no bounds. Yes, I don't trust the Democratic Party. So when they're wrong I'll shit on them. When they do something actually decent I'll give them props.
    Last edited by Tazirai; 02-06-2020 at 08:15 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Exactly. NOBODY is declaring a winner due to the sheer amount of reporting errors. and they STILL have not counted the UAW-1.

CNN is stating that there are multiple errors in the reporting, and MSNBC, which DESPISES Sanders, is saying the same thing.

But some of the posters here still think we're nus and will continue to shit on us.
    So yeah Bernie got cheated again.

If you don't think so, tough luck.
    I said congrats to both Sanders and Buttigieg about three or four pages ago.

Pretty much everyone here has said that they won and Biden lost and has moved on to the next phase of the race.

Dwelling on Iowa is not going to win Sanders the nomination, and complaining about a broken app is not how you win an election.

Sanders did well in Iowa and everyone knows it -- if he continues to do well, he'll be the nominee.

If not, he won't.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-06-2020 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    NBC and the Associated Press won't declare Buttigieg the winner. They said there are too many errors in the data and we'll know the winner of NH before Iowa.

This is a never ending trainwreck.
    Don't jinx things for New Hampshire.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Don't jinx things for New Hampshire.
    If New Hampshire manages to even compete with the issues in Iowa, the party needs to seriously consider disbanding.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If New Hampshire manages to even compete with the issues in Iowa, the party needs to seriously consider disbanding.
    And then who steps up to beat Trump?

Or are you finally just admitting you don't care?

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    And then who steps up to beat Trump?

Or are you finally just admitting you don't care?
    If they manage to even get it close to as wrong as Iowa in New Hampshire?

Anyone who can tell me what letter comes after the letter "A" in the alphabet who is not "The Current Democratic Party"

There isn't enough time to cut the party any kind of slack before the fall in that obviously unlikely scenario.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    The Fuckery of the DNC knows no bounds. Yes, I don't trust the Democratic Party. So when they're wrong I'll shit on them. When they do something actually decent I'll give them props.
    Is this your first election? When they do something malicious, you'd have my sword but this isn't a moment of catching someone cheating red handed, it's an excuse to attack. This is when Bernie Sanders does well in an election, what are you going to do when Sanders fails badly?

Ultimate Member

If they manage to even get it close to as wrong as Iowa in New Hampshire?

Anyone who can tell me what letter comes after the letter "A" in the alphabet who is not "The Current Democratic Party"

There isn't enough time to cut the party any kind of slack before the fall in that obviously unlikely scenario.
    So you don't care.

Thanks for clearing that up -- always good to keep that in mind when reading your posts.

If the son never has that job(or the one that he had during Biden going to bat for creditors), Republicans have no angle.

At some point, Democrats need to figure out "Basics 101".
    That's true. Right or wrong Hunter might be Joe Biden's Achilles heel.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This isn't solely about leadership, not that the left is offering any wunderkinds right now to replace Pelosi or Schumer, it's how politics works. No national party is going to convict their own president.

A national third party would be a spoiler for whichever side it tilted, due to FPTP. This is why Bernie Sanders went with the Democrats, rather than the Green's.

The national party isn't entrenched in this, either, it's mainly Iowa's Democratic party. I don't know why you're putting all the blame on Dem leadership on this.
    I'm a dual Canadian/American citizen and multiple parties work just fine in Canada and in most other democracies. I think it is high time we brought the concept to America and stop playing two card monte.

Wink Re:

This is in bad taste but also cute and kind of funny.

White House Weighs Ouster of Aide Who Testified Against Trump

Army’s Vindman could be removed as part of a broader sweep
    Some officials may be reassigned from NSC in impeachment wake
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    So you don't care.

Thanks for clearing that up -- always good to keep that in mind when reading your posts.
    If I actually didn't care?

I'd be explaining away every instance of ineptitude while waiting for where such ineptitude likely leads.

Meanwhile out in the real world?

This will probably be Trump's election to lose.

While Trump probably stands the best chance of undermining his chances of winning, no instance of Democratic Party ineptitude should be getting anything like a pass.

Far too many realistic scenarios where they put a loss together to allow that.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 02-06-2020 at 09:27 PM.