Page 471 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521571971 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 17573

Hundreds deported from U.S. to El Salvador have been killed or abused, new report says

More than 200 people the United States has sent back to El Salvador have been killed or seriously abused — including sexually assaulted and tortured — according to a new report by Human Rights Watch.

The group's investigation found that from 2013 to 2019, 138 people were killed and more than 70 others were beaten, sexually assaulted, extorted or tortured after they were sent back to the Central American country.

The report, released Wednesday, highlights the risks Salvadorans face when sent back to a country facing a humanitarian crisis, racked by extreme levels of violence. It emphasizes how efforts in the last few years by the Trump administration to restrict legal immigration — particularly asylum — have hit Salvadorans especially hard.

"This has been a brick-by-brick erection of a legal wall by the Trump administration in an attempt to effectively end asylum in the U.S.," the report's co-author, Alison Leal Parker, told NBC News. "Salvadorans are by no means the only nationality, but they are one of the populations that will suffer greatly from this."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Exactly. NOBODY is declaring a winner due to the sheer amount of reporting errors. and they STILL have not counted the UAW-1.

CNN is stating that there are multiple errors in the reporting, and MSNBC, which DESPISES Sanders, is saying the same thing.

But some of the posters here still think we're nus and will continue to shit on us.
    So yeah Bernie got cheated again.

If you don't think so, tough luck.
    I don't think it's our tough luck. I just feel pity for how divided you are from reality.

Bernie and Buttigieg won Iowa. Which is a sentence Bernie supporters should be relishing in, not blubbering on about conspiracies. I mean, in my wildest dreams of the annoying Bernie fan....I'd still have thought you guys wise enough to take a double win and enjoy it without sounding like clowns. But....new low I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i'm basing my speculation on the media's reaction to it. msnbc has given up on Biden. but they're also using the chaos to promote Buttigeg as the likely winner while ignoring Sanders. Mayor Pete's been all over the network following this. he's getting the attention that the winner would have gotten.
    That's partially because Buttigieg won the traditional measurement of who wins (state delegate equivalents) and he had the balls/gall to declare victory first.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    He declared victory even before results were announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Pete said he won with 0% of the vote reported.

Berine said he won after 97% of the vote reported, NYT predicting him winning and reports showing he has the popular vote in the first and final tallies.
    Pete published his campaign's own data which showed him at minimum in second place, which for Pete would have already been a victory since his first objective was never about beating Bernie.

Was it iffy on what victory actually meant? Yeah. But Buttigieg didn't just pull the announcement out of his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I don't think it's our tough luck. I just feel pity for how divided you are from reality.

Bernie and Buttigieg won Iowa. Which is a sentence Bernie supporters should be relishing in, not blubbering on about conspiracies. I mean, in my wildest dreams of the annoying Bernie fan....I'd still have thought you guys wise enough to take a double win and enjoy it without sounding like clowns. But....new low I suppose.
    Honestly, I'm getting RON PAUL vibes.

And like, Bernie is my second favorite of the remaining candidates. I'm happy he's doing well and respect that he's helping further steer the party away from Bill Clinton's short-term fix.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 02-06-2020 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If I actually didn't care?

I'd be explaining away every instance of ineptitude while waiting for where such ineptitude likely leads.

Meanwhile out in the real world?

This will probably be Trump's election to lose.

While Trump probably stands the best chance of undermining his chances of winning, no instance of Democratic Party ineptitude should be getting anything like a pass.

Far too many realistic scenarios where they put a loss together to allow that.
    If you really think you care, then you're not doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    If you really think you care, then you're not doing it right.
    Everyone in 2016 that said "Quit Sweating It. We've Got This..."?

Were they "Doing It Right..."?

Because you don't want it wait until you have the Tim Teuten story about Wisconsin to get you to start taking a realistic look at what mistakes might be costing you.

I hope the New Hampshire will be less disappointing than Iowa but knowing the DNC hates Sanders for not being part of the establishment, they will probably fix the NH primary.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If the DNC was trying to "fix" the results wouldn't it make better sense to let Warren win or Biden ? Instead of a mayor with little political experience .

Sounds like sore losing to me as usual.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If the DNC was trying to "fix" the results wouldn't it make better sense to let Warren win or Biden ? Instead of a mayor with little political experience .

Sounds like sore losing to me as usual.
    I think they already did try to fix the results to make Biden win the Iowa caucus but they botched the election results so incompetently that they unintentionally made Mayor Pete the winner.

That is why Iowa was like this. A mess in which nobody was still declared the winner.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I think they already did try to fix the results to make Biden win the Iowa caucus but they botched the election results so incompetently that they unintentionally made Mayor Pete the winner.

That is why Iowa was like this. A mess in which nobody was still declared the winner.
    Well the entire world is reporting Pete won. Also he's gaining in New Hampshire....
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well the entire world is reporting Pete won. Also he's gaining in New Hampshire....
    Not exactly what is actually happening...

https://apnews.com/4f9044fe46f551d397d48dd8ca3d58db

Amid irregularities, AP unable to declare winner in Iowa

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

To be honest, I'm surprised that ouster hasn't already happened. In Trumpworld, you either kiss his ass 24/7 or you're a mortal enemy. No shades of gray.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post

How did you come to that conclusion? How did they get from Biden to Buttigieg, rather than inadvertently help Sanders instead?
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 02-07-2020 at 02:54 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Everyone in 2016 that said "Quit Sweating It. We've Got This..."?
    You're absolutely lying, thirty -- I was here and not everyone was saying that.

I definitely never said that.

Even the polling showed Trump ahead at times, so people were not saying "quit sweating it".

They were saying get out and vote... and you couldn't even be bothered to do that.

You just make things up when you don't like the truth.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-07-2020 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion? How did they get from Biden to Buttigieg, rather than inadvertently help Sanders instead?
    I think they decided a gay and youthful upstart politician would fit the image of the party better than a senile old man who didn't act very assertive in front of the crowds

Now I think about it, I have never heard of South Bend until Mayor Pete showed up in the news. He put South Bend on the map.

But a 38-year old upstart politician who ran no more than a small town of 130,000 people is too young and not experienced enough to run a country.

Look what happened to America under Trump who could not decently run a business and had no experience in running a city or a state, let alone a country.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    You're absolutely lying, thirty -- I was here and not everyone was saying that.

I definitely never said that.

Even the polling showed Trump ahead at times, so people were not saying "quit sweating it".

They were saying get out and vote... and you couldn't even be bothered to do that.

You just make things up when you don't like the truth.
    You need to quit cutting posts off.

Go back, and take a look at the actual entirety of that post.

There may very well be a pretty specific description of folks who were saying that.

In that instance, that is exactly what was said.

It's also not the only instance of that kind of thing/thinking that I can recall.