Page 489 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 389439479485486487488489490491492493499539589989 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Large Majority of New Hampshire Democrats Prefer Death by Meteor Than to See Trump Win Again

Sixty-four percent of New Hampshire Democratic voters would rather see “a giant meteor strike the Earth, extinguishing all human life” than see President Trump re-elected, according to a new poll from the University of Massachusetts at Lowell.

Somewhat surprisingly, 28 percent of conservatives joined the majority of Democrats on wiping out all of mankind rather than dealing with another four years of Trump. And to no one’s surprise, 68 percent of women polled, more than any other group, would welcome a fireball of death over the president remaining in the White House.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

After last night's debate, I'm convinced Mayor Pete is our best shot. After the Impeachment debacle, we can't afford to take a chance on a flawed candidate no matter how well-meaning. We need the strongest candidate possible one who will appeal to Middle America. Pete presents well and his ideas aren't extreme. "Intentions are less Important than Outcome".
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Apparently, Jordan Peterson's brand of toxic masculinity was toxic to himself, and his daughter forced him into drug rehab.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    After last night's debate, I'm convinced Mayor Pete is our best shot. After the Impeachment debacle, we can't afford to take a chance on a flawed candidate no matter how well-meaning. We need the strongest candidate possible one who will appeal to Middle America. Pete presents well and his ideas aren't extreme. "Intentions are less Important than Outcome".
    He had a good showing but let’s not forget about the 800 pound gorilla in the room. The fact that he’s gay will no doubt turn off a lot of older, religious, and centerist voters. He’ll need the support of Black and Hispanic communities. Both of which are still very very religious. I don’t think they would vote for Trump, but it may be enough of an issue to make people stay home on Election Day. Currently I don’t think a lot of people know that he’s gay. Trump will make damn sure everyone is made aware.

I’m in no way condoning this ignorance but his sexual orientation will be a big factor.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The first time I saw that picture, my first thought was that it was the end result of some Photoshop hijinks, but, it turned out to have been the real McCoy. In a word....YIKES!!!

Just as I thought and feared pre-Impeachment debacle - "Intentions are less Important than Outcome"

DONALD TRUMP'S APPROVAL RATING CONTINUES TO RISE IN POST-IMPEACHMENT ACQUITTAL POLL

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...l-poll-1486339
    Who gives a damn? Really? Polls go up and down more than elevators in a high rise. A week from today, Trump’s numbers could be under 40 percent and that post-acquittal bump will be long forgotten.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Democrats the last near 30 years always won with youthful candidates. Ones that captured the people saying how they could see the excitement they had. Clinton and Obama both were ripped on for not having experience. Obe was a Governor and the other a 1st time Senator.

Pete follows that trend. So as big a risk it is giving the nomination to a 37 year old Mayor who will get gay bashed by Trump supporters....do it. He's the future of the Democratic party.

Other young candidates could emerge if he doesn't win in 2020. Or maybe Pete runs again and gets it. Or heck....maybe in some crazy way he wins
    All the more reason why the Democratic party needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    ....Who gives a damn? Really? Polls go up and down more than elevators in a high rise. A week from today, Trump’s numbers could be under 40 percent and that post-acquittal bump will be long forgotten.
    I give a damn. You're living in a dream world if you think Trump will be a pushover or that polls don't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    He had a good showing but let’s not forget about the 800 pound gorilla in the room. The fact that he’s gay will no doubt turn off a lot of older, religious, and centerist voters. He’ll need the support of Black and Hispanic communities. Both of which are still very very religious. I don’t think they would vote for Trump, but it may be enough of an issue to make people stay home on Election Day. Currently I don’t think a lot of people know that he’s gay. Trump will make damn sure everyone is made aware.

I’m in no way condoning this ignorance but his sexual orientation will be a big factor.
    Sad, but true. You are correct.

The Gravel Institute
    @GravelInstitute
    Pete Buttigieg has 1 percent support among Latino Democrats. Donald Trump got 28 percent among Latinos in 2016.

Pete Buttigieg has 0 percent support among black Democrats. Donald Trump got 8 percent among black voters in 2016.

Trump would humiliate Buttigieg.
    BB

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I give a damn. You're living in a dream world if you think Trump will be a pushover or that polls don't matter at all.
    You go ahead and give a damn if that makes you feel better. I’m not going to worry about polls in FEBRUARY when the election is in NOVEMBER.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

from i'm getting, the dems were damned if they do and damned if they don't when it came to the impeachment.

either ignore trump breaking the law or try to get him on breaking the law, knowing they will fail.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    You know, I really did not miss "Bernie Math" at all.

That is the first time I've seen that. Hilarious.

Invincible Member

I won't be shocked if Pete becomes the candidate, lot of folks especially black folks will stay home. I'm not even thinking of his sexuality. Pete doesn't inspire confidence and there's his troubles with the black community in South Bend.

At least one voter in Iowa was unaware and demanded her vote back when she found out.
    Dark does not mean deep.