Page 512 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 124124625025085095105115125135145155165225626121012 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    He'll unite the Democratic base AND bring in independents, Trump voters and disappointed Obama voters. They all cannot wait for a guy who honeymooned in the Soviet Union. Can't you tell how unifying he is?
    Yes, he is so red that he makes the Communists look yellow. Although I agree with some of Sanders' radical views but not all of them.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    No worries. I just knew the anti Bernie cult would get a hard on over wrong information and chest thump without fact checking because of confirmation bias
    Oh come on, leave Zauriel alone. He clearly isn't only enough to vote and doesn't have a horse in this race.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Prosecutors handling the Stone case just quit over DOJ interference.

The new Stone filing from DOJ is astonishing. It reads as a full-on rebuttal of the memo they filed last night.
    Twitter Link

BREAKING: Justice Department lowers Roger Stone sentencing recommendation to 3- to 4-years. Third federal prosecutor withdraws from Stone case.
    Twitter Link
    Last edited by Tami; 02-11-2020 at 03:13 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    He works in law enforcement. I work in education and our family pays about $250 a month for my wife and I and our kids. Some jobs pay really well in terms of insurance and you can find ways to bring costs down. Plus we're (knock on wood) always healthy.
    The joke here is that the both of you basically get publicly subsidized Healthcare. But he's pissed the rest of us might get it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The joke here is that the both of you basically get publicly subsidized Healthcare. But he's pissed the rest of us might get it.
    Well, part of why it's "publicly subsidized" is that we're in public service and not on track to be future millionaires. He, just like all of us, made trade-offs when we chose our careers and accepted that compensation. Subsidized healthcare is part of that equation. If that perk is gone, and now taxes are up, that is a legitimate reason to be concerned or frustrated. It's not helpful to demonize those sorts of concerns that impact real people.

Too often we forget how human politics and policy really is. It might sound great to forgive all student loans, raise taxes, and subsidize healthcare, etc. And we might tell ourselves that only the rich will be frustrated by these changes, but that's rather naive. Often these plans have real, negative/frustrating consequences for your average Joe and Jane too. No policy can be perfectly tuned otherwise. That doesn't mean we can't advocate for the policy, the greater good certainly demands it, but we shouldn't dismiss someone being "pissed". They might have cause to be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    No worries. I just knew the anti Bernie cult would get a hard on over wrong information and chest thump without fact checking because of confirmation bias
    They are insane. Those guys just don't get it. I don't even give a **** if they don't vote for Bernie. But I welcome their lies and hatred. because there is no Unifying with the modern PUMA's of the Democratic party.
    I just don't care to reach them.

BANNED

So this happened...

BSDJT2.jpg

Well, part of why it's "publicly subsidized" is that we're in public service and not on track to be future millionaires. He, just like all of us, made trade-offs when we chose our careers and accepted that compensation. Subsidized healthcare is part of that equation. If that perk is gone, and now taxes are up, that is a legitimate reason to be concerned or frustrated. It's not helpful to demonize those sorts of concerns that impact real people.

Too often we forget how human politics and policy really is. It might sound great to forgive all student loans, raise taxes, and subsidize healthcare, etc. And we might tell ourselves that only the rich will be frustrated by these changes, but that's rather naive. Often these plans have real, negative/frustrating consequences for your average Joe and Jane too. No policy can be perfectly tuned otherwise. That doesn't mean we can't advocate for the policy, the greater good certainly demands it, but we shouldn't dismiss someone being "pissed". They might have cause to be.
    It all boils down to the bottom line, IMO. In Triggerwarning's case, that bottom line is a 3K tax increase, which always sucks. Which is why I brought up how his financial circumstances are further from the norm than he might realize. 5K per year for healthcare is what I would pay if not for the wellness discounts my job offers, and that doesn't include that I also max out the flex spending account deduction on top of that.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

All 4 quit now yikes. I am curious if the judge will comment in the ruling

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It all boils down to the bottom line, IMO. In Triggerwarning's case, that bottom line is a 3K tax increase, which always sucks. Which is why I brought up how his financial circumstances are further from the norm than he might realize. 5K per year for healthcare is what I would pay if not for the wellness discounts my job offers, and that doesn't include that I also max out the flex spending account deduction on top of that.
    Apparently discussing or asking questions about this qualifies as engaging in "lies and hatred" against Sanders.

It does boil down to the bottom line -- the problem is that Sanders' hasn't shown exactly what the bottom line is at this point.

And his supporters don't have the answers either -- just a sense of both entitlement and victimization whenever they are asked to explain his budget.

I understand holding up an ideal as a point of reference, but you need a real plan to get there as well.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-11-2020 at 04:56 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It is my hope that freeing employers from health subsidies could lead to wage increases as well. But I think the calculus for many families will be a mixed bag.

I don't begrudge public workers the benefits they get. They have the advantage of Unions which the GOP has help eliminate for many other workers.

It is my hope that freeing employers from health subsidies could lead to wage increases as well. But I think the calculus for many families will be a mixed bag.
    Many, but not most.especially for those without health care, or go bankrupt after a serious illness.

If that is actually where the story end, you might have a point.

Do you actually think that is where the story actually ends?