Page 522 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 224224725125185195205215225235245255265325726221022 ... LastLast
Results 7,816 to 7,830 of 17573
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    RE: The Roger Stone sentencing. Surprised there's not been much discussion on this. Once again this shows that Trump's lap dog A/G Bill Barr is more concerned with things that Trump tweets out while he's tweeting at 1:30 am then, I don't know, the increase in gun violence maybe? Or how about checking into Trump's history of ties to the mob?

The judge still may accept the recommendation that the prosecutors take from the predefined guidelines. I hope she does.
    The news broke in the middle of NH election day so the coverage was muted. Any other day it would have dominated. The anchors and pundits were struggling to get reporting in on it as they also talked about the voting results and exit polling.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Oh, I know that. But I mean on this thread, it's not been much discussed much. It's the same old stuff going on for pages and pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Chuck Todd is a conservative and he's certainly not a progressive, it's not like Rachel Maddow said it. Liberals don't like it when Bernie supporters blame us for things conservatives do, know who you're speaking about before attacking anyone.

This has nothing to do with how you're defending Bernie Sanders, please stop using this as a justification to hurt your own allies.

This is a primary, every candidate should be criticised by other wings in the party.

Not being nice would have some weight had you bothered to do that in the first place, when it's clear that was never a priority. This is a microcosm of why Sanders presidency would be a disaster.

You're not emotionally prepared for the general, this is a taste of what awaits Sanders as the nominee from the Republicans. Take care of yourself, otherwise you'll crack like an egg once Trump attacks.
    Back when Chuck Todd was tearing down Hillary Clinton week after week, calling her "overprepared" etc, Bernie Bros were still stanning him.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Losing this badly in NH is going to ding her. She would need a massive rally that I just don't see. I can't envision a scenario where she take a huge blow in NH and turns that into momentum to jump 10 points in Nevada, then lose badly in SC anyways. Her best and last chance is to bet everything on MA and try to have the biggest win of anybody in her homestate.
    Bernie had the lowest percentage of any NH winner since at least 1952.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I'm just gonna ignore you, as you're one of the two.
    Oooh, can I be his "plus one"?

Never mind.
    Last edited by Crabble; 02-12-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Jesus man. Bernie didn't "surge" to a win in New Hampshire. That was always his state. Second, I acknowledged Bernie's limited (but still significantly better than the other two) support among black voters.

You strawmanned by turning the entire conversation into something I wasn't saying. Go back and read what my observation was: Bernie and his supporters have been touting how he will bring energy and progressive out that have shunned elections. Has that happened? (Fact: No. It has not) Does it need to? Yes, I believe it does. After two primaries the "Why Bernie can beat Trump" argument is not holding up. It had *$%^ing zero to do with Pete Buttigieg. That's why you strawmanned and you still are. It's convenient to talk about something else rather than the actual numbers I posted and what that means for what Bernie and his supporters have told us.

So, back to what my actual point was: will we see this progressive energy and when? So far, it hasn't been there. All I care about is winning in November, not some BS rant you want to go on about Buttigieg or Sanders dominant 1.8% victory or some other ****. I want to dig into the exit polls and see that trends are not favorable for anyone. Most notably not the guy who we were promised would march out all these heretofore unseen voters to surge over Trump.
    Do you follow politics? Bernie wasn’t even leading in NH until the last few weeks. It was never a given for him to win that. Warren was leading it in most polls from September to October. Then it was a tossup for Buttigieg, Biden and Sanders breaking in a few times until early January. Then Sanders didn’t take a consistent polling lead until a Jan 13-16 poll. Bernie surged in the last month to take that lead. Buttigieg had a lead and lost it. After he did it was a consistent Bernie #1, Buttigieg #2. So your assessment isn’t even correct by any evaluation of the data.

But let’s take your argument:

1. Sanders won
    2. This NH primary had the highest turnout ever beating the 2008 record.
    3. Sanders won the largest NH primary ever carrying the most independents of any of the candidates

And beyond that if you think Bernie has a weak “can he beat Trump” argument. Everyone else is in a worse position.

Why can Bernie beat Trump. He’s winning, he has the most independents and progressives, easily the most diverse coalition, still polls as one of the most popular politicians, he’s leading a crowded primary process right now, he pretty much consolidated the progressive wing in a way the moderates are still looking for an option.

So really, by all your metrics, Bernie does the best.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Bernie had the lowest percentage of any NH winner since at least 1952.
    Winner was the key word

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    RE: The Roger Stone sentencing. Surprised there's not been much discussion on this. Once again this shows that Trump's lap dog A/G Bill Barr is more concerned with things that Trump tweets out while he's tweeting at 1:30 am then, I don't know, the increase in gun violence maybe? Or how about checking into Trump's history of ties to the mob?

The judge still may accept the recommendation that the prosecutors take from the predefined guidelines. I hope she does.
    I hope she doubles it to 18 years.

Winner was the key word
    "Winner"

----------

Extraordinary Member

"Winner"

----------
    Yeah because he actually won

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

"Winner"

----------
    I prefer:

winner*
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Speaking of "winning":

No signs, no gate, few guards: Are Mar-a-lago intruders actually trespassing?

The lack of security infrastructure at President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club seemingly contributed Wednesday to the exoneration of a Chinese woman accused of trespassing.

Lu Jing, 56, told the court Tuesday that she understood club security “didn’t want me there” after she went through the open front gate of the private, members-only club in Palm Beach on Dec. 18. She left, only to return to the president’s primary residence through an un-gated service road accessible from South Ocean Boulevard. Prosecutors called Lu’s escapade into Mar-a-Lago a “calculated decision.”

But jurors seemed to have doubts as to whether Lu knew she was not allowed at the president’s primary residence. Lu’s public defenders pointed out that the members-only club did not post signs warning against trespassing or taking photographs. There was no guard at the service road either — which is actually a staff exit marked only with a “One-Way” traffic sign.

On Wednesday, Lu was acquitted of the trespassing charge, even as it became clear during a Tuesday trial that she had twice set foot on club grounds without permission. She was convicted of a single misdemeanor charge of resisting an officer without violence.
    It's a national security nightmare that would have ended a Democratic presidency.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Winner was the key word

Hillary was right!

Hillary was right!