Page 525 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 254254755155215225235245255265275285295355756251025 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Seriously....he showed no leadership on this at all.
    Then the DNC needs new leadership. As does the Democratic Party.

The NH primary went more smoothly than I expected

Some Tennessee lawmakers are worried that women would abuse the tax-free status of feminine hygiene products.
    Republican lawmakers in Tennessee are raising objections to a proposal that would add feminine hygiene products to the list of items that can be purchased during the state's annual sales-tax holiday, the Associated Press reported.
    According to the AP, the GOP lawmakers worried that women would abuse the law and purchase too many feminine hygiene products during the pause on state sales tax on some items — including computers and clothing. The pause lasts only one weekend, starting on the last Friday of July, the AP reported.
    "I would think since it's a sales tax holiday, there's really no limit on the number of items anybody can purchase," Republican state Sen. Joey Hensley said during a debate on the proposal on Tuesday, according to the AP. "I don't know how you would limit the number of items someone could purchase."
    Oh WBE-EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, one of your alums is at it again.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 02-12-2020 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    STATEMENT by Geoconda Argüello-Kline: It’s disappointing Senator Sanders’ supporters have viciously attacked the Culinary Union & working families in NV simply because we provided facts on proposals that might takeaway what we have built over 8 decades.
    Twitter Link
    There's times when folks should be able to ask themselves if there might be more to it...

http://gov.nv.gov/News/Press/2020/Go...thority_Board/

Governor Sisolak Appoints Geoconda Argüello-Kline and Reappoints Steve Hill as Chair to the Stadium Authority Board
    Argüello-Kline has worked in the hospitality industry in Las Vegas for more than thirty years. She currently serves as Secretary-Treasurer for the Culinary Workers Union, Local 226, which represents more than 60,000 Culinary Union members throughout the city. She also holds the following positions: Vice President of the UNITE- HERE International Union; Trustee of the Culinary Academy of Las Vegas; Trustee of the Culinary Pension Fund; Trustee of the Health and Welfare Fund; Trustee of the St. Louis Square; Trustee of the UNITE HERE Health; Chair Women of the Board of the IWCP (Citizenship Project); and Committee Member for the Center for American Progress Advisory Board.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The Democrats fight early and often. They lose, and have flaws, of course, and this ignores the barriers they face within the American system and the GOP. Both of which force them to compromise more than they want because they'd prefer some progressive to none. You know why I'm skeptical about tis argument you're making is being genuine? Not one single word about left politicians doing what you're saying and getting horrendous results. The 8 in the numbers I bought up were leftist politicians who got elected in '18. Instead you glossed over it like I never typed the words. Your complaints about the Democrats should be ten times that of your own team losing.

Don't cherry pick examples to attack an entire opposition, it's not like the left don't have terrible people on it. For example, Tulsi. Should I base my opinion on the entire left based on her character?

Sanders isn't a Democrat, he's the perpetual outsider whose reputation is built on being contrarian from the left.

Stop buying into the Republican propaganda that Democrats have to be perfect, while the Republicans don't need to have standards.

Republicans have more advantages to accomplish their agenda, from white supremacy to media networks like Fox News. They get in line, and love hierarchies. You don't understand who you're up against in the general or across the country. They do win, what you're forgetting is how they win and you wouldn't like the results if the Democrats followed their tactics. Leftist politicians don't follow those tactics, either. You should ask them why they don't, I'd love to hear the response you get.

Edit: The reason Democrats believe in bipartisanship is because they like having a functioning government. That's how bills get passed. Republicans thrive on shutting down the government, Democrats don't. If you truly believe America would be better off stopping having congress pass bills, what separates the left from the right? How does your agenda make any progress without any bills? Executive orders are a band aid, which can be easily disposed of by the next president.
    I have 3 degrees.
    I've lived in several countries.
    I've lived in several states.
    I raised a daughter now serving in the USAF.
    I served in the USAF as an ATC.
    I fight for people.
    I was almost murdered twice fighting for people.
    I do Planetary analysis as a NASA volunteer.
    I write Horror/Sci-FI for Youtube and reddit subs and channels.
    I publish a comic based on Egyptian Mythology.
    I do Photography and deal with all sorts of people and situations.
    I VOLUNTARILY go in and explore abandoned buildings and areas.
    I camp and hike alone.

I bring all this up to show that, I'm fairly immune to propaganda from any side, including Sanders.
    Republicans lie, and they lie a lot.
    Democrats lie too.
    I don't expect perfection, I expect you to actually give a damn and stop pearl clutching about what the GOP thinks of you.
    You can build allies and coalitions, but every now and then you need to clean the house.

I want to CRUSH the current GOP. CRUSH THEM!
    I want them to bend the knee and then we can get back to a functional government.

How do you negotiate with a party that senses how weak you are, and the slightest critique makes you back down?
    Don't have the votes for Gun control. Carry your ass in the street and preach till your throat hurts. NEVER.STOP! Support people who WILL fight.

Trump is just a symptom of the sickness in America. I've seen America in better days, but this ain't even the worst. It's just out in the open now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm not going to pretend that I can read everyone's minds, but a fair number of black voters see Pete as someone who at best doesn't have their concerns at heart and at worst is a tool for racists backers. To them, voting for Pete would be just trading one racist for another.
    That's how I see it. I won't be bullied into vote blue no matter who.
    They can kiss off with that.

Some Blue is pretty damn awful.

Klobuchar is literally running on "We can't do that."
    Pete is running on... Actually I don't know what pete is running on. He says words, but they mean nothing.
    Biden is running on Obama.
    Bloomberg is running because he can.
    Steyer is running because I think he actually cares, but has little name recognition.
    Gabbards because ...because.
    Warren is running because something women win or something...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Oooh, can I be his "plus one"?
    Sure thing...
    I'm not blocking you, I'm just not responding to you after this.
    Enjoy your day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    No you tried to set up an argument that Bernie’s viability was centered around something you interpreted to be negatives in edit polls.

The fact that it is based off flawed metrics is beside the point because of you think energy matters, you’d have to concede every candidate has less than him by your own metrics. But you set that strawman up to be exclusive to him.

Just like you were wrong about NH always going to him.

Also don’t call people tools. It’s shows that you are just upset that you didn’t get the outcome you wanted

But you blatantly set up a textbook strawman and then accused others of strawman for not wanting to engage with it

To some of these people coming in Third means you won. Coming in second means you won.

It's like If there are three of us being chased by a rabid dog, I'm pretty sure first is better than third or second.

I mean Bernie won Iowa and New Hampshire.
    Media and the DNC love to cheat so there's no hope for them and some of their supporters on here.

Anyone who thinks they're 'fairly immune' to propaganda is more likely to've fallen victim to it. No one is immune. Plenty of people with degrees believe in QAnon. Plenty of people who've got a long list of accomplishments spout propagandized rubbish because they think they're smarter than that.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 02-12-2020 at 10:46 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Anyone who thinks they're 'fairly immune' to propaganda is more likely to've fallen victim to it. No one is immune. Plenty of people with degrees believe in QAnon. Plenty of people who've got a long list of accomplishments spout propagandized rubbish because they think they're smarter than that.
    I'm pretty fuckin dumb at times actually. Which is why I consider myself immune to a lot of things.
    Because the only thing that really makes sense to me is studying Space.
    Space is so fuckin weird and mindblowing it's hard to fill my head with non-sense.

Know why? Because Space makes no damn sense.
    NONE!
    I think about Space more than politics. I only think about Politics because I don't want people to die and to get an education, and learn about Space.
    You know who kinda understands Space? Kids.

Because you tell a child that a Black Hole is kinda like a toilet with black ink and sprinkles, They get it.
    Adults will give you that dumb look. Like how is a toilet related at all to a black hole?

Because adults fill their heads with nonsense.

If you look at politics like a child (in a good way), then it kinda makes sense.
    Oh! Not wanting people to die is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I'm pretty fuckin dumb at times actually. Which is why I consider myself immune to a lot of things.
    Because the only thing that really makes sense to me is studying Space.
    Space is so fuckin weird and mindblowing it's hard to fill my head with non-sense.

Know why? Because Space makes no damn sense.
    NONE!
    I think about Space more than politics. I only think about Politics because I don't want people to die and to get an education, and learn about Space.
    You know who kinda understands Space? Kids.

Because you tell a child that a Black Hole is kinda like a toilet with black ink and sprinkles, They get it.
    Adults will give you that dumb look. Like how is a toilet related at all to a black hole?

Because adults fill their heads with nonsense.

If you look at politics like a child (in a good way), then it kinda makes sense.
    Oh! Not wanting people to die is a good thing.
    Just saying 'I'm fairly immune to propaganda' probably means the opposite is true. I definitely do not think you're immune. I'm definitely not immune.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 02-13-2020 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Just saying 'I'm fairly immune to propaganda' probably means the opposite is true. I definitely do not think you're immune. I'm definitely not immune.
    Pretty sure 99.9% of the American populace were very on board with "F*** Bin Laden and the Taliban" back in 2001, and then it was used to justify so, so many f***ed up things after that before a lot of folks went, "Wait, hold up a sec..."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I bet a hell of a lot of Germand in the 30s and 40s thought they were immune to propaganda/could tell when they were being lied to.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Coronavirus Infections In China Surge As Officials Add New Testing Methods To Tally

China’s Hubei Province reported nearly 15,000 new infections on Thursday, a day after health officials said the number of new patients appeared to be falling.

Why A Powerful Nevada Union Is Undermining Bernie Sanders On Medicare For All

The Culinary Workers Union has built up its own excellent health plan over the years and doesn’t want private insurance phased out.

Senate Democrats Demand Barr Resign Or Face Impeachment Over Roger Stone Case

President Trump congratulated Attorney General William Barr for “taking charge” of the case against Trump’s longtime friend.

Don Lemon Exposes The Chilling Lesson Donald Trump Learned From His Acquittal

The CNN host warned Trump is “not done yet.”

Sarah Sanders Says Without Irony That Michael Bloomberg’s Language Is ‘Offensive’

The former White House press secretary told Fox News that Bloomberg’s record and language are “offensive and atrocious.” Pot, may I introduce you to kettle?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

I have 3 degrees.
    I fight for people.
    I camp and hike alone.

I bring all this up to show that, I'm fairly immune to propaganda from any side, including Sanders.
    Which is wonderful, you're still human like the rest of us. You're not perfect. Ben Carson's a neurosurgeon who's sold best selling books, had a movie about his life with Cuba Gooding Jr. and the director of Pediatric Neurosurgery for John Hopkins - he also believes the Egyptian pyramids were made to to be grain silos. Nobody is immune to propaganda. In your last response you were repeating GOP propaganda of how they view Democrats. You're not as above us as you think you are. You have blinds spots of all sorts of American politics from what I've picked up in our conversations. Which is fine, we all have that.

Republicans lie, and they lie a lot.
    Democrats lie too.
    I don't expect perfection, I expect you to actually give a damn and stop pearl clutching about what the GOP thinks of you.
    Why are you buying into the GOP's propaganda about Democrats when you know this? You most assumably have absurdly high expectations for Democrats over Republicans and your own politicians. I do give a damn, that's why I'm talking to you. What you're missing is that we can't ignore the elephant shaped party in the room and conservatives in the Democratic party. I may not care, personally, about what the GOP says but millions of people do and they have the propaganda networks to make that stick with the American public. You're underestimating how powerful they are, were they as easy to defeat as you're suggesting why didn't the Justice Democrats clean up in every district in '18? Why hasn't the left dismantled their operations?

You can build allies and coalitions, but every now and then you need to clean the house.
    Leftists tried this, they failed miserably. You need to examine why your own politicians failed you.

I want to CRUSH the current GOP. CRUSH THEM!
    I want them to bend the knee and then we can get back to a functional government.
    So does everybody else. But wanting something isn't the same as being able to accomplish it. Sander sure hasn't been able to give you this while he's been in office, and the left's movement have crumbled to dust more then the Democrats from their attacks on our liberties.

Please, stop hollering and start strategising. The GOP are. They may look stupid but they know what to do to win elections.

How do you negotiate with a party that senses how weak you are, and the slightest critique makes you back down?
    Don't have the votes for Gun control. Carry your ass in the street and preach till your throat hurts. NEVER.STOP! Support people who WILL fight.
    We try, that's part of fighting. Fighting in politics isn't reduced to simply attacking people by bludgeoning them into submission, that has the opposite affect the it's your go-to tactic. Your own politicians ave failed to make your tactics work and they've gotten significant opportunities to do so. Why have they failed?

Trump is just a symptom of the sickness in America. I've seen America in better days, but this ain't even the worst. It's just out in the open now.
    It's been in the open since Nixon, you're finally noticed it. You're not going to stop them by relying more on platitudes over strategies.

This entire post is completely ignoring the introspection I asked of you to do of yourself and the movement - which you refuse to hold to the same standards as the Democrats. You're not going to learn anything by sticking your head in the sand of your own movement's flaws or grow as a person so you're not caught off guard in the general by Trump and the GOP if Sanders is the nominee. This is why it's vital to have proper expectations, rather than demanding the world to bend to your will when you don't have the power to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Yes they are reliable voters but didn't younger voters show-up in bigger numbers in the midterms than older voters? If Sanders turns out more younger voters that older bloc can be outvoted.
    Other candidates make sure they make those voting blocs are solid, Sanders doesn't. He expects them to show up without doing the work to gain their trust.

Edit: Sanders needs to be careful with this, or this will happen to him in the general.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2019...erJumbo-v2.png

The blue represent the Tories, red is for Labour.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 02-13-2020 at 02:43 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I have 3 degrees.
    I fight for people.
    I camp and hike alone.

Don't kid yourself. There are people out there smarter than you who've fallen hook, line and sinker for bullshit from Trump and the GOP. Even worse, they might not even know they've been reeled in, despite having convinced themselves that they're above such lowbrow shenanigans. I don't pretend to think I'm immune, I just realize what I'm dealing with and do all I can to separate truth from lies.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!