Page 528 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 284284785185245255265275285295305315325385786281028 ... LastLast
Results 7,906 to 7,920 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The only true way of being immune to propaganda is to not allow yourself to be exposed to it. There was a news article recently about a reporter who set up an experiment where he, with fill knowledge of that it was, allowed himself to be exposed to propaganda. He admitted that it had an effect on him, though he was able ot back away early enough not to let it take control.

I tend to play it safe and not expose myself to everything that is out there. Even as a scholar of information and psychology, I need to approach it carefully. And even then I make mistakes.

The Billion-Dollar Disinformation Campaign to Reelect the President
    One of the reasons why I completely deleted (not just deactivated) my Facebook account.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Word on the tweet is that it's because Trump is out of control, and she is remembered at somebody who can make him do what his handlers want - on occasion.
    Fat chance of that. Trump is on the rampage and it’s doubt anything or anybody can rein him in.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    One of the reasons why I completely deleted (not just deactivated) my Facebook account.
    I would if I could, but I need one for professional reasons. Still, I barely use it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Yeah okay

BB

Senate votes to rein in Trump's power to attack Iran

Eight Senate Republicans voted with all 47 Democrats on Thursday to rein in President Trump's ability to take military action against Iran, paving the way for a veto showdown with the White House.

Senators voted 55-45 on the resolution, spearheaded by Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), that would require Trump to pull any U.S. troops from military hostilities against Iran within 30 day unless he gets congressional approval.

The rebuke comes just a week after senators voted to acquit Trump in his impeachment trial.
    GOP senators who supported the resolution argued it was about clawing back some of the war making authority Congress has ceded to the executive branch in recent decades, and not a personal slight directed at Trump.

That group included: Sens. Mike Lee (Utah), Rand Paul (Ky.), Susan Collins (Maine), Todd Young (Ind.), Jerry Moran (Kan.), Lamar Alexander (Tenn.), Bill Cassidy (La.) and Lisa Murkowski (Alaska).
    “This is not about the presidency … this really is about the proper allocation of power between the three branches of government,” Lee told reporters. “Congress has ceased to be in the war declaration drivers seat.”

Lee added that he was a “big supporter of this president” and that voting for the resolution was “about supporting President Trump in his foreign policy and his effort to make sure we don’t get involved too easily too quickly and in an unconstitutional way in any war.”

“It is … important to reassert the legislative branch’s role regardless of which party occupies the White House,” Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) said, adding that the resolution was “much needed and long overdue.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Yeah okay

Would work if Trump actually had a neck.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Yeah okay

It makes me so sad how tossing around a little money can basically buy an electorate off

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Pretty sure 99.9% of the American populace were very on board with "F*** Bin Laden and the Taliban" back in 2001, and then it was used to justify so, so many f***ed up things after that before a lot of folks went, "Wait, hold up a sec..."
    I was for getting Bin Laden yes, and going after the Saudis as a Military person. But then when we went to Iraq I was like WTF? They didn't attack us, WHY are we here?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Just saying 'I'm fairly immune to propaganda' probably means the opposite is true. I definitely do not think you're immune. I'm definitely not immune.
    I hear ya. That's why I said fairly. I just view the world differently having experienced so much of it. It's one of the reasons I stopped watching most news outside of Local, and even with Local, mainly the weather, and impact stories.
    When I lived in England I barely trusted SKY or the BBC, I trust their reporting on America more than on themselves. When I lived in Japan TBS and NHK were MEH! when it came to the countries propaganda. But local stations are far better, as they have no english influence whatsoever. But Japanese new on America? I trusted it about 75%.

I agree no one is fully immune, again why I said fairly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Which is wonderful, you're still human like the rest of us. You're not perfect. Ben Carson's a neurosurgeon who's sold best selling books, had a movie about his life with Cuba Gooding Jr. and the director of Pediatric Neurosurgery for John Hopkins - he also believes the Egyptian pyramids were made to to be grain silos. Nobody is immune to propaganda. In your last response you were repeating GOP propaganda of how they view Democrats. You're not as above us as you think you are. You have blinds spots of all sorts of American politics from what I've picked up in our conversations. Which is fine, we all have that.

Why are you buying into the GOP's propaganda about Democrats when you know this? You most assumably have absurdly high expectations for Democrats over Republicans and your own politicians. I do give a damn, that's why I'm talking to you. What you're missing is that we can't ignore the elephant shaped party in the room and conservatives in the Democratic party. I may not care, personally, about what the GOP says but millions of people do and they have the propaganda networks to make that stick with the American public. You're underestimating how powerful they are, were they as easy to defeat as you're suggesting why didn't the Justice Democrats clean up in every district in '18? Why hasn't the left dismantled their operations?

Leftists tried this, they failed miserably. You need to examine why your own politicians failed you.

So does everybody else. But wanting something isn't the same as being able to accomplish it. Sander sure hasn't been able to give you this while he's been in office, and the left's movement have crumbled to dust more then the Democrats from their attacks on our liberties.

Please, stop hollering and start strategising. The GOP are. They may look stupid but they know what to do to win elections.

We try, that's part of fighting. Fighting in politics isn't reduced to simply attacking people by bludgeoning them into submission, that has the opposite affect the it's your go-to tactic. Your own politicians ave failed to make your tactics work and they've gotten significant opportunities to do so. Why have they failed?

It's been in the open since Nixon, you're finally noticed it. You're not going to stop them by relying more on platitudes over strategies.

This entire post is completely ignoring the introspection I asked of you to do of yourself and the movement - which you refuse to hold to the same standards as the Democrats. You're not going to learn anything by sticking your head in the sand of your own movement's flaws or grow as a person so you're not caught off guard in the general by Trump and the GOP if Sanders is the nominee. This is why it's vital to have proper expectations, rather than demanding the world to bend to your will when you don't have the power to do it.

Other candidates make sure they make those voting blocs are solid, Sanders doesn't. He expects them to show up without doing the work to gain their trust.

Edit: Sanders needs to be careful with this, or this will happen to him in the general.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2019...erJumbo-v2.png

The blue represent the Tories, red is for Labour.
    You telling me I'm buying into the propaganda is false. Why do you keep saying that? I get where you're coming from, but you keep accusing me of having my brain altered or something by the GOP. WHY?
    I fuckin hate the GOP. Why would I listen to modern Conservatives about 90% of anything?

Justice Democrats are a brand new organization and have to fight against entrenched forces. It's like the Rebellion you win the fights where you can to get a foothold, then branch from there. It's common tactics.

I don't get your last point. But if the Democrats are going to win going forward. They need to realize the generations have changed. This isn't the tip oneal era or the Reagan era. Times change, The GOP realizes this and outmaneuver the Democrats constantly.

All I'm asking of the Democrats is fight as hard as you can. If that's too much to ask, then we deserve to lose.
    That's not me as a Sanders Supporter, that's me as a human being not wanting people to die, because Democrats would rather take corporate cash, and keep the status quo.

Status Quo is killing the planet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Don't kid yourself. There are people out there smarter than you who've fallen hook, line and sinker for bullshit from Trump and the GOP. Even worse, they might not even know they've been reeled in, despite having convinced themselves that they're above such lowbrow shenanigans. I don't pretend to think I'm immune, I just realize what I'm dealing with and do all I can to separate truth from lies.
    This is where I am in life. It's a LOT harder for the bullshit to enter my brains. Fairly immune still has some vulnerabilities. For a short time I was buying into the Blue no Matter who propaganda.
    If we just accept blue no matter who, we get a corrupt ******* like Mike Bloomberg who is literally buying the election. He is not a good man, and as a black man I have a choice if he's the nominee.

Do I vote for somebody who was a Republican two minutes ago?
    Do I vote for a man who has led many of the people of color in New York to such dire straits?
    Do I vote for the man who wanted to give himself unlimited terms in the Governors office.
    Do I vote for the man whose own workers of color were mistreated.
    I don't know if I can Blue No Matter Who that guy.

I hate Boot edge edge, but I'd vote for him over Bloomberg. Even "We can't do that realism" of Amy.

Bloomberg might be a hard no from me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The only true way of being immune to propaganda is to not allow yourself to be exposed to it. There was a news article recently about a reporter who set up an experiment where he, with fill knowledge of that it was, allowed himself to be exposed to propaganda. He admitted that it had an effect on him, though he was able ot back away early enough not to let it take control.

I tend to play it safe and not expose myself to everything that is out there. Even as a scholar of information and psychology, I need to approach it carefully. And even then I make mistakes.

The Billion-Dollar Disinformation Campaign to Reelect the President
    I agree with this. Good link too.
    I just feel that as a person who has so many various life experiences in so many cultures it's harder to get inside, not impossible. But it's damn hard to get me to agree with anything without me researching it for myself now.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It makes me so sad how tossing around a little money can basically buy an electorate off
    When I heard he was here in Raleigh, I turned on the local news, and as expected he said nothing. Luckily Early voting starts today, and I'm going to vote now.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’m surprised Madam Pearl Clutcher (Collins) had the nerve to vote against the party’s interests.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!