Page 547 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 474474975375435445455465475485495505515575976471047 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Sanders is clearly an X-man, his mutant ability is to create an america sized time-warp thats locked us in 2016.
    I thought it was more like 1966
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I thought it was more like 1966
    Or to 1917, comrade.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

He'll need the powers of the Beyonder to get Congress to pass his legislation.

It will be quite the revolution to witness if it happens -- despite all the comments about hating Sanders, I enjoy a good underdog story.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-15-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    He'll need the powers of the Beyonder to get Congress to pass his legislation.
    Heck, that's a feat even beyond the Beyonder, or Doctor Manhattan, or Mephisto, or well you get the picture.....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BB

So, Bernie is Freeza?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

So, Bernie is Freeza?
    Nah, he's like post-Namek Vegeta.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Was your argument that Biden coming in second place in Nevada after leading it a week ago consistent with your argument about NH being a dissapointment for Sanders or not?
    Yup. Also, I never said second was "good" for Biden. But I have explained it three times only for you to post long strawman responses.

I hope your future responses to all posters greatly reduces this tendency.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    I honestly have no clue. He's got name recognition and the money to blast ads, so the best I could guess is that the other candidate aren't connecting rather than anything especially appealing about Bloomberg.
    Appreciate the response. Steyer's SC appeal and roughly equal footing for Bloomberg and Bernie with black voters are the two biggest oddities in polling right now.

I can't wrap my head around either.

BANNED

Soledad is the frikkin worst. So many of these black reporters and pundits, and politicians like Meeks falling in line for Trump are disgusting and not even disappointing.
    These #resistance types will "resist" so much, they'll take a Rich white right Wing Authoritarian, buying an election over the person who gets more votes.

If Democrats run Bloomberg. The party is done.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Heck, that's a feat even beyond the Beyonder, or Doctor Manhattan, or Mephisto, or well you get the picture.....
    Have to wonder if they even acknowledge that Republicans are the ones who won't let "progressive" Democratic legislature go up for a vote.

They keep admitting that Republicans are gonna Republican, but have yet to offer any real solution to the same problem "moderate" Democrats face in Republican opposition -- namely that nothing "progressive" is going to get past a Republican Senate.

Failure to plan is planning to fail.

------
    "'GRIM REAPER' MITCH MCCONNELL ADMITS THERE ARE 395 HOUSE BILLS SITTING IN THE SENATE: 'WE'RE NOT GOING TO PASS THOSE'"

"During a television interview, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said that 395 bills sitting in the Senate are not going to be passed.

On Fox News Friday, anchor Bret Baier asked McConnell if Democrats' statements about those bills were true and whether they could move forward. McConnell confirmed that it was the case, but also said that proposed legislation would be rejected.

"It is true," the senator said. "They've been on full left-wing parade over there, trotting out all of their left-wing solutions that are going to be issues in the fall campaign. They're right. We're not going to pass those."

McConnell's failure to pass many of the bills that are currently in the Senate has been a frequent target for Democrats, earning him the nickname the "Grim Reaper," from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi last December. She has said that bills are sitting in a "legislative graveyard," during this cycle.

Discussing issues such as gun control and raising wages, former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg said the "trouble is, none of it can get past Mitch McConnell's Senate."

"We have a second thing we better be working hard on and thinking about, and that is: take back the Senate and put Mitch McConnell out of a job," Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren said on the campaign trail Sunday."

https://www.newsweek.com/mitch-mccon...t-pass-1487401
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-15-2020 at 04:31 PM.

BANNED

Attachment 93242

Bernie walks on water

Bernie makes the sun shine

Bernie makes the birds sing

Bernie makes the flowers bloom

......give me a break

Only two states have voted, out of 50 +non-state associated areas. This Bernie worship is getting embarrassing.

Twitter Link
    NOBODY says that, and you and the others here, who downplay him are why we are in this mess.
    Moderates just can't accept that times change and things are changing.

It's like when you put your child to sleep and they fight it.
    Eventually, it just happens.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I am legitimately interested in the statements and views I've expressed that are so outrageous as to suggest I don't know any black people.
    He's probably going by your response to my fears of a Bloomberg presidency as a black man.

#neverbloomberg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Reading these stories about black people getting shot by the cops on sight is a clear sign that they might have to be the absolute last resort in many cases.

Imagine calling the cops to help someone in trouble only to watch them kill a family member or an innocent bystander instead.

Even the actual suspects deserve more due process than being choked and beaten by officers or shot in the back while unarmed.
    The last time I had to involve the police in a situation I called for an ambulance. Because they are trained to calm and de-escalate the situation.
    Ambulance and firetruck showed up, fireman called the police to check in on the situation and the situation was handled peacefully.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    NOBODY says that, and you and the others here, who downplay him are why we are in this mess.
    Moderates just can't accept that times change and things are changing.

It's like when you put your child to sleep and they fight it.
    Eventually, it just happens.
    Politics is not like putting a child to sleep, which is why people are asking how Sanders is going to fulfill his promises.

I know those questions tend to anger you, but they are completely legitimate questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    The last time I had to involve the police in a situation I called for an ambulance. Because they are trained to calm and de-escalate the situation.
    Ambulance and firetruck showed up, fireman called the police to check in on the situation and the situation was handled peacefully.
    That's up there with getting a white friend to drive so you won't get pulled over by the cops for being in the "wrong" neighborhood.

I remember we did that before and they still pulled us over and made us get out while they searched the car for drugs, despite having no probable cause.

Same thing happened when I got pulled over for a tail light infraction -- cop said he smelled weed (he didn't because none existed) and searched the car before writing me a ticket for a tail light that was still working when he drove off.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-15-2020 at 04:50 PM.