Page 562 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 624625125525585595605615625635645655665726126621062 ... LastLast
Results 8,416 to 8,430 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Sure we can. They are influenced by his campaign, who hire people who do this themselves and Sanders keeps them on without saying a word. He knows what he's doing. That's why every week there's news of someone doing something terrible in his campaign. He's made some steps but hasn't got close to disciplining his staff or supporters who don't understand that being progressive isn't determined by how sexist or abusive you are. I cringe at the thought about what it's going to be like by the Very Online when he's president, they'll be emboldened like the Trump supporters are.
    Well, all I know is that Jeff Weaver, Sanders' campaign manager in 2016 called me a Hillary-bot, simply for saying on Facebook, that while I was voting for Bernie in my state's primary, I would vote for Hillary in November if she was the nominee. That's not some random troll, that's SANDERS' CAMPAIGN MANAGER! He's not the campaign manager this time around, but I'm pretty sure he's still working for the campaign. Bernie needs to either weed these guys out or get them to keep their mouths shut.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Forgot about Tulsi the Russian Asset. I agree that Super Tuesday will separate the wheat from the chaff, if Biden wants to remain relevant in the race stead of just an afterthought, he’s going to have to make up lots of ground before the clock ticks down on him. Meanwhile, Democratic voters need to remember that it’s not just about the presidency, the Senate could well be up for grabs, in my opinion, reclaiming the Senate is just as important, if not moreso. If by some miracle a Democrat wins the election, it would be practically meaningless if Midnight Mitch remains in control of the Senate, and he’s already on record saying he won’t allow any bills to be passed if a Democrat is in the Oval Office. That’s why voters have to concentrate on other races as well.
    It's still better having a President and then getting a chance to fight for the Senate in the midterms

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Forgot about Tulsi the Russian Asset. I agree that Super Tuesday will separate the wheat from the chaff, if Biden wants to remain relevant in the race stead of just an afterthought, he’s going to have to make up lots of ground before the clock ticks down on him. Meanwhile, Democratic voters need to remember that it’s not just about the presidency, the Senate could well be up for grabs, in my opinion, reclaiming the Senate is just as important, if not moreso. If by some miracle a Democrat wins the election, it would be practically meaningless if Midnight Mitch remains in control of the Senate, and he’s already on record saying he won’t allow any bills to be passed if a Democrat is in the Oval Office. That’s why voters have to concentrate on other races as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It's still better having a President and then getting a chance to fight for the Senate in the midterms
    Tell it to the millions that Bloomberg put into keeping him in control back in 2016?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Sure we can. They are influenced by his campaign, who hire people who do this themselves and Sanders keeps them on without saying a word. He knows what he's doing. That's why every week there's news of someone doing something terrible in his campaign. He's made some steps but hasn't got close to disciplining his staff or supporters who don't understand that being progressive isn't determined by how sexist or abusive you are. I cringe at the thought about what it's going to be like by the Very Online when he's president, they'll be emboldened like the Trump supporters are.
    Agreed. Trumpanzees and Sanders supporters are, in a way, two sides of the same coin, and that’s troubling. As for the notion that Sanders isn’t to blame for the toxic behavior of his followers, that’s bullshit. Sanders is ultimately responsible for the actions of his followers, if he wanted to clean up their act, all he has to do is fire anyone in his campaign associated with nonsense like doxxing, and publicly disavow all the ugliness done in his name in the strongest possible terms. It’s as simple as that, the fact he hasn’t done so says to me that Sanders has no problem with his supporters behaving badly.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Well, all I know is that Jeff Weaver, Sanders' campaign manager in 2016 called me a Hillary-bot, simply for saying on Facebook, that while I was voting for Bernie in my state's primary, I would vote for Hillary in November if she was the nominee. That's not some random troll, that's SANDERS' CAMPAIGN MANAGER! He's not the campaign manager this time around, but I'm pretty sure he's still working for the campaign. Bernie needs to either weed these guys out or get them to keep their mouths shut.
    You're being very dismissive about the abuse the Bernie Bros and how badly his own staff targeted people who disagreed with them. Nobody would care about this had it been about calling someone a "Hillarybot." Weaver was awful, but this didn't end when he didn't return, that's why I said Sanders staff not Weaver specifically. How do you feel about doxxing? That's been a thing this go around, which which was encouraged by his press secretary - Briahna Gray Joy.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287240651

David Sirota, Sanders current speech writer.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ck-dog/585259/

None of these people were fired.

This, and the '16, primaries have had numerous controversies over this sort of behaviour from Sanders campaign, there is no excuse not to be aware of it.

There's more but I think this is enough for now.

Federal judges' association calls emergency meeting after DOJ intervenes in case of Trump ally Roger Stone

WASHINGTON – A national association of federal judges has called an emergency meeting Tuesday to address growing concerns about the intervention of Justice Department officials and President Donald Trump in politically sensitive cases, the group’s president said Monday.

Philadelphia U.S. District Judge Cynthia Rufe, who heads the independent Federal Judges Association, said the group “could not wait” until its spring conference to weigh in on a deepening crisis that has enveloped the Justice Department and Attorney General William Barr.

“There are plenty of issues that we are concerned about,” Rufe told USA TODAY. “We’ll talk all of this through.”

Rufe, nominated to the bench by President George W. Bush, said the group of more than 1,000 federal jurists called for the meeting last week after Trump criticized prosecutors' initial sentencing recommendation for his friend Roger Stone and the Department of Justice overruled them.

Trump also took a swipe at the federal judge who is set to preside at Stone’s sentencing hearing Thursday.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Biden Surrogate ‘Forced to Resign’ from Democratic Group Over Doctored Bernie Sanders Video

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-electio...sanders-video/

A surrogate for Joe Biden‘s presidential campaign was, in her words in a group chat, “forced to resign” on Monday from Pennsylvania Young Democrats after promoting a doctored video of fellow 2020 contender Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-Vt.) and for allegedly sharing anti-Semitic tweets about him and his online supporters.

Lindy Li previously served as the treasurer for the Pennsylvania Young Democrats, a position she has since admittedly resigned.

“Biden Surrogate [Lindy Li] as forced to resign as Treasurer of the PA Young Democrats after spreading doctored video of Bernie Sanders and making antisemitic comments about him,” tweeted immigration paralegal Jamie Agustin, who broke the story on Twitter.

Li later confirmed that she resigned in a Twitter post–but disputed the circumstances surrounding her departure.

“Lindy’s doctored video—which was edited to appear that Sanders was praising Communist dictators—has 2.5 million views,” Agustin added in another tweet–which contained screenshots of two allegedly anti-Semitic tweets authored and retweeted by Li.

“According to leaked messages Lindy sent in a private pro-Biden group chat, the Biden campaign knows about all of this,” she added–suggesting that Biden’s recent public denunciation of Sanders’ online supporters was coming from a place of cynicism and dishonesty.

Agustin herself later made that same salient criticism:

Agustin also shared screenshots from several pages of a leaked group chat titled “JIHVE BIDEN FRONT” in which Li describes the context of her separation from the Young Democrats of America affiliate group.

“I was just forced to resign as Treasurer of PA Young Dems because of my anti-Sanders tweets,” Li says in the leaked chat. “No more fundraisers. Screw them.”

“The [Biden] campaign is furious over this,” Li wrote in another series of group chat messages. “We’ve gone to the press. Thanks for standing with me, my dears. What a day/life. I asked for my money back. So at least I’ll be getting that.”
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I wouldn't count on it. The Dems have a habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Even in 2018 the "Blue Wave" underperformed. Many pundits initially thought they would take the Congress by a greater margin and that they could even flip the Senate as well.
    What pundits were you reading? Not a single one I read felt the Democrats had any chance at all of flipping the Senate, and were pointing out that merely not losing seats in the unfriendliest map in decades was a long shot at best.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    I think it is satire, and maybe it will make some Evangelicals think.
    Good grief, I hope this is satire but I'm afraid it's more likely to be real.

BANNED

Poor Michael Bloomberg...

BANNED

But I keep hearing everything that boosts the Bernie bro in chief is an Outlier.

BANNED

But I hear Bloomberg is no fascist or Authoritarian. I mean only HE can beat Trump, by being a "DEMOCRAT!" and all that.
    His past means nothing! I'm just being a BROS!

Lol.

**** Bloomberg, if the's the Nominee the Democrats will splinter like the Wig Party, and deserve the Loss.

PAY.ATTENTION.DEMOCRATS.
    All of this longing for the days of no change ain't happening. Times are changing, he days of Oneal and Reagan, and "My GOOD SIR!" are done.

BANNED

You're being very dismissive about the abuse the Bernie Bros and how badly his own staff targeted people who disagreed with them. Nobody would care about this had it been about calling someone a "Hillarybot." Weaver was awful, but this didn't end when he didn't return, that's why I said Sanders staff not Weaver specifically. How do you feel about doxxing? That's been a thing this go around, which which was encouraged by his press secretary - Briahna Gray Joy.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287240651

David Sirota, Sanders current speech writer.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ck-dog/585259/

None of these people were fired.

This, and the '16, primaries have had numerous controversies over this sort of behaviour from Sanders campaign, there is no excuse not to be aware of it.

There's more but I think this is enough for now.
    You seem to love defending the centrists and the establishment. Do you care to post their attacks on us Bros (I guess there are no Bernie Girls, considering his support comes from Minorities and women, Ignore us huh?).

Please be honest in your posting if the Bros are bad what about the Warren women, the Khive, and Boot edge edge boys? I guess the Establishment is so sophisticated they only attack us on the air, in Newspapers, digitally, and lie on TV. But that's okay. Because the Establishment is right? I guess you'll be defending Bloomberg next against us bros? Lol.

The WOKE crowd ousted a comedian, Al Franken, from the Democratic party, but they love them some Bloomie.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    What pundits were you reading? Not a single one I read felt the Democrats had any chance at all of flipping the Senate, and were pointing out that merely not losing seats in the unfriendliest map in decades was a long shot at best.
    Throw in all the Republican authored gerrymandering, and the task of flipping was made all the more difficult for Democrats. I’m no political expert, in fact, I’m dumb as a post about it all, but I’ve been of the opinion that Dems were fortunate to have won back the House, and that was only because Mitch McConnell sacrificed it to ensure Brett Kavanaugh’s appointment on SCOTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Good grief, I hope this is satire but I'm afraid it's more likely to be real.
    I also fear that was genuine. Holy rollers are notorious one issue voters, and their jihad is abortion, when Trump promised to kill Roe v. Wade if elected (a promise he’s so far failed to keep, btw), that made him their messiah. Oh, yeah, he was also their great WHITE hope after eight years of that uppity black man with the Muslim sounding surname in the Oval Office.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-17-2020 at 08:21 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!