Page 564 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 644645145545605615625635645655665675685746146641064 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Biden Surrogate ‘Forced to Resign’ from Democratic Group Over Doctored Bernie Sanders Video

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-electio...sanders-video/

A surrogate for Joe Biden‘s presidential campaign was, in her words in a group chat, “forced to resign” on Monday from Pennsylvania Young Democrats after promoting a doctored video of fellow 2020 contender Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-Vt.) and for allegedly sharing anti-Semitic tweets about him and his online supporters.

Lindy Li previously served as the treasurer for the Pennsylvania Young Democrats, a position she has since admittedly resigned.

“Biden Surrogate [Lindy Li] as forced to resign as Treasurer of the PA Young Democrats after spreading doctored video of Bernie Sanders and making antisemitic comments about him,” tweeted immigration paralegal Jamie Agustin, who broke the story on Twitter.

Li later confirmed that she resigned in a Twitter post–but disputed the circumstances surrounding her departure.

“Lindy’s doctored video—which was edited to appear that Sanders was praising Communist dictators—has 2.5 million views,” Agustin added in another tweet–which contained screenshots of two allegedly anti-Semitic tweets authored and retweeted by Li.

“According to leaked messages Lindy sent in a private pro-Biden group chat, the Biden campaign knows about all of this,” she added–suggesting that Biden’s recent public denunciation of Sanders’ online supporters was coming from a place of cynicism and dishonesty.

Agustin herself later made that same salient criticism:

Agustin also shared screenshots from several pages of a leaked group chat titled “JIHVE BIDEN FRONT” in which Li describes the context of her separation from the Young Democrats of America affiliate group.

“I was just forced to resign as Treasurer of PA Young Dems because of my anti-Sanders tweets,” Li says in the leaked chat. “No more fundraisers. Screw them.”

“The [Biden] campaign is furious over this,” Li wrote in another series of group chat messages. “We’ve gone to the press. Thanks for standing with me, my dears. What a day/life. I asked for my money back. So at least I’ll be getting that.”
    She should have stuck with her original choice, he would not have fired her over something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    What pundits were you reading? Not a single one I read felt the Democrats had any chance at all of flipping the Senate, and were pointing out that merely not losing seats in the unfriendliest map in decades was a long shot at best.
    The blue wave not being real is a tired talking point, fueled in part by many races Democrats won being so close that it took days and weeks to show how many House seats actually had gotten flipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Good grief, I hope this is satire but I'm afraid it's more likely to be real.
    Somebody posted a screencap from Reddit to twitter saying this is his neighborhood, and the guy living there is always trolling Trump. It's very third hand info, but I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    You seem to love defending the centrists and the establishment. Do you care to post their attacks on us Bros (I guess there are no Bernie Girls, considering his support comes from Minorities and women, Ignore us huh?).

Please be honest in your posting if the Bros are bad what about the Warren women, the Khive, and Boot edge edge boys? I guess the Establishment is so sophisticated they only attack us on the air, in Newspapers, digitally, and lie on TV. But that's okay. Because the Establishment is right? I guess you'll be defending Bloomberg next against us bros? Lol.

The WOKE crowd ousted a comedian, Al Franken, from the Democratic party, but they love them some Bloomie.
    ALL you guys ever do to defend both Bernard and his Bros is to deflect to other candidates doing stuff that is supposedly bad, too. It's a VERY tired tactic, but at least Bernard and his Bros would be a great name for a barbershop quartet.

Violence breaking out at Sanders rally in Colorado

Supposedly it started when a white bro called black person racist over his "Black guns matter" t-shirt.
    Pro gun advocates and racists. What a basket of deplorables.
    Last edited by SquirrelMan; 02-18-2020 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Violence breaking out at Sanders rally in Colorado

Supposedly it started when a white bro called black person racist over his "Black guns matter" t-shirt.
    Pro gun advocates and racists. What a basket of deplorables.
    This is the white Bernie bro calling a black Bernie gun advocate "racist":

As someone said on twitter about his privileged mug:

Did Steve Buscemi & Rami Malek **** and have a kid?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Former Deputy Attorney General Shares Dire Warning If William Barr Does Not Resign

Donald Ayer, a deputy attorney general under George H.W. Bush, predicts a grim outcome for America if Barr continues to serve Trump. And there's the problem which I've bolded, Droopy Dawg Barr serves Trump, NOT the country. Meanwhile....

U.S. Judges Call Emergency Meeting Over Fears About William Barr And Trump: Report

“There are plenty of issues we are concerned about,” U.S. District Judge Cynthia Rufe, president of the Federal Judges Association, told USA Today. The fact Barr has acted more like Trump's personal lawyer instead of the country's Attorney General is damned troubling. Hell, it's downright alarming.

Bolton Says He’s Worried Trump White House Could Suppress His Book

“We’ll have to see what comes out of the censorship,” the former White House national security adviser said during a talk at Duke University. With the country in a 24/7 Constitutional crisis thanks to Trump and the GOP, it's damn good to know Johnny Warhawk has his priorities in order.

Jeff Bezos Pledges $10 Billion To Fight Climate Change: ‘We Can Save Earth’

The Amazon chief executive and richest man in the world announced that he would be launching the Bezos Earth Fund on Instagram.

Pete Buttigieg: If Donald Trump Won’t Leave White House, He Can ‘Do Chores’

The Democratic presidential candidate joked about the possible option during a town hall in Reno, Nevada. Heh! I found that funny! Good one, Mayor Pete!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Activists in the Indian capital of New Delhi are expressing concern over the use of facial recognition by the police amid intensifying protests over the controversial Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA).
    The protesters are reportedly anxious about the lack of regulation around facial recognition and its possible role in the crackdown on the protest movement. They point to the fact that the government didn't acknowledge it was using the technology for this purpose until a national newspaper, The Indian Express, first broke the news in December.
    Back then, the technology was used to identify and filter out what the police called "law and order suspects" at one of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's rallies.
    When the Delhi Police first acquired its Automated Facial Recognition System (AFRS) in 2018, the original purpose was to identify and locate missing children by matching facial images.
    https://www.dw.com/en/protesters-in-...ion/a-52412455

Bezos fund is just another tax write off so no one questions his ludicrous amount of wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Bezos fund is just another tax write off so no one questions his ludicrous amount of wealth.
    Yep. It's just another shelter for his obscene wealth.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yep. It's just another shelter for his obscene wealth.
    Tsk, tsk! Such cynicism!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Boris Johnson is copying Trump's winning strategy of only hiring the best people:

Downing Street has said its adviser Andrew Sabisky has resigned, following criticism of alleged past remarks on pregnancies, eugenics and race.

Labour had called for Mr Sabisky to go for reportedly saying black people had lower average IQs than white people.

He is also alleged to have said compulsory contraception could prevent "creating a permanent underclass".

Mr Sabisky, who describes himself as a "superforecaster", was appointed earlier this year after the prime minister's chief adviser Dominic Cummings called for "misfits and weirdos" to apply for jobs in Downing Street.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-51538493
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Yeah he's hiring lunatics.

As for my cynicism to bezos (whilst I know West is joking) Bezos repeatedly has shown he doesn't give a **** about long term charity work like Bill Gates (whom I ALSO think is a piece of **** but at least does a better job of hiding it) and am personally starting to swing more towards Clement Atlees view that Charity is worth nothing compared to taxation and the government working correctly.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Russian cyberwar activities continue. Facebook usually only reacts when third parties point out the networks to them:

Last week, Facebook announced a new takedown of 122 user accounts, pages, groups, and Instagram profiles originating in Russia that violated its policy against foreign or government interference. According to Facebook’s internal investigation, the network had links to Russian military intelligence and primarily targeted Ukraine, along with neighbouring countries in the region.

The operation was examined by Graphika, a social media analytics company, prior to Facebook’s takedown of the accounts. This analysis highlights three main takeaways:

Ascendance of private messaging: beyond making public posts, these accounts engaged – and sometimes entrapped – their targets via private messaging. Such use of direct messages and emails to approach journalists and political figures has featured in several other ​information ​operations​ and is of growing tactical significance.

Coordinated activity across platforms: Graphika found that the Russian operation went beyond the Facebook accounts in question to a number of other smaller online platforms and blogs, which can be more easily leveraged to “launder” content and obscure its origins on social media.

Media organisations are targets too: agents of disinformation seek to legitimise their content by having it re-published by credible outlets to which they can outsource “the narrative baton”.
    They could show up here. They already may have.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!