Page 565 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 654655155555615625635645655665675685695756156651065 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 17573

NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll: Sanders Leads, Bloomberg Qualifies For Debate

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/18/80670...ies-for-debate

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders has opened up a double-digit lead in the Democratic nominating contest, according to a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll.

Sanders has 31% support nationally, up 9 points since December, the last time the poll asked about Democratic voters' preferences.

His next closest contender has 19%. But that second-place rival is former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Many Americans have become familiar with Bloomberg lately in this race because of his ubiquitous TV ads. But now get ready to see him on the debate stage for the first time Wednesday. With this poll, Bloomberg has qualified for the Nevada debate, despite not being on the ballot there for Saturday's caucuses.

Bloomberg's campaign has said he will participate in the debate if he qualifies.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I cannot believe my Democrats are being so foolish. It's keeping me up at night that we will have 1 or 2 more years of Trump because they'll nominate Bernie Baggage.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    This is the white Bernie bro calling a black Bernie gun advocate "racist":

As someone said on twitter about his privileged mug:
    I blame guys like this.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I cannot believe my Democrats are being so foolish. It's keeping me up at night that we will have 1 or 2 more years of Trump because they'll nominate Bernie Baggage.
    Bernie is the most well liked candidate.

BERNIE SANDERS BEATS DONALD TRUMP AND DEMOCRATS ON CHARACTER AND EMPATHY IN NEW POLL

https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sand...y-poll-1487536

"Elsewhere in the latest USA Today/Ipsos poll, just under four in ten (39 percent) of voters told pollsters that Sanders shared their values, putting him nine points ahead of Biden and Buttigieg.

Thirty-one percent of the surveyed adults said they shared values with Trump and Warren, with just 28 percent saying the same of Bloomberg.

On the issue of empathy, pollsters asked suburban women whether they believed 2020 candidates cared about them. The constituency touted as a key voting group reportedly gave Sanders their best rating, with 47 percent agreeing that he cared "about people like me."

Last time the Democrats ran the most unpopular nominee in the history of their party. This time they are going to run someone who is more liked than anyone else running.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Astonishing Member

Many Sanders supporters aren't Democrats, they're exploiting the party for their own ends. It remains to be seen what they'll do once Sanders leaves politics, leftist politicians like AOC don't have his loyalty. A choice between AOC and Sanders will end up going to Sanders in a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Many Sanders supporters aren't Democrats, they're exploiting the party for their own ends. It remains to be seen what they'll do once Sanders leaves politics, leftist politicians like AOC don't have his loyalty. A choice between AOC and Sanders will end up going to Sanders in a landslide.
    It'll be our party soon.

Get used to it.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    It'll be our party soon.

Get used to it.
    President Bernie will find it mighty hard to lead when all the leadership elections are locked down by the other factions. Going to take more than this to take over the party, do any purging and Sanders will find himself in an America where the Republicans rule for an indefinite period until the party gets itself together again on the national level. The battle's just getting started, don't break out the champagne just yet.

President Bernie will find it mighty hard to lead when all the leadership elections are locked down by the other factions. Going to take more than this to take over the party, do any purging and Sanders will find himself in an America where the Republicans rule for an indefinite period until the party gets itself together again on the national level. The battle's just getting started, don't break out the champagne just yet.
    We're not going to be taking advice on people that have been so wrong for so long.

Don't worry though, we'll clean up the mess the dem loyalists made and beat the republicans for good.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Astonishing Member

We're not going to be taking advice on people that have been so wrong for so long.
    Been more right than the left has been at winning elections and gaining victories in congress. You're not ready for the Republicans.

Been more right than the left has been at winning elections and gaining victories in congress. You're not ready for the Republicans.
    We'll do a better job than the people losing to us.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

It'll be our party soon.

Get used to it.
    "Our party?" Who is 'Our' and why would 'Our' try to take control of something else when they can easily just start their own 'Party'?

That's like two kids fighting over the same ball in a playground instead of sharing it or each one getting their own separate ball if they can't work/play together.

In other words, fighting over something like this isn't a sign of maturity.

Some might even call it bullying.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Our party?" Who is 'Our' and why would 'Our' try to take control of something else when they can easily just start their own 'Party'?

That's like two kids fighting over the same ball in a playground instead of sharing it or each one getting their own separate ball if they can't work/play together.

In other words, fighting over something like this isn't a sign of maturity.
    It will be the party of progressives.

Moderates and centrists aren't going to have a place in it once we're done. The fight won't last long.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Everybody better get behind Bernie Sanders now and stop slagging him off. You don't want to hurt the front runner if you want to beat Trump.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Okay, so what is the choice of the never Bernie voters? All I'm seeing is pages and pages of Bernie bashing and almost nothing about why any of the other candidates are better?

And before you accuse me of being a "Bernie Bro", I plan to vote for Warren in the primary.

Invincible Member

I dunno. I don't think we'll do better in the general with Bloomberg or Mayor Pete.