Page 566 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 664665165565625635645655665675685695705766166661066 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,490 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    It'll be our party soon.

Get used to it.
    We can do without your threats.

You will fail, and cause incalculable pain and damage to the lesser privileged groups you claim to champion.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    We can do without your threats.

You will fail, and cause incalculable pain and damage to the lesser privileged groups you claim to champion.
    It isn't a threat. That's what's going to happen to the party.

We're going to clean house and make it a party of progressives. A party that can beat the Republicans.

Those lesser privileged groups support Sanders. We are the most diverse base, and we know what we have to do.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

It will be the party of progressives.

Moderates and centrists aren't going to have a place in it once we're done. The fight won't last long.
    Ahhhh....again, why not just create a separate Progressive Party of whatever you want to call it? It's nice and all for the Democratic Party to let an Independent run in the Primary, but if Sanders really wanted to be a Democrat he'd be a Democrat and not an Independent.

If Sanders doesn't want to be a Democrat, then why do you want to be a Democrat if you feel strongly about not wanting to be a Democrat? Why not just follow Sanders lead? Where is the logic in that? If Sanders has so many supporters who feel that they aren't Democrats, then why not just create your own separate political party that you can do anything you want with?

Those of us who enjoy being Democrats and enjoy having the Democratic Party the way it is (all along the political spectrum) are not going to be happy about being bullied to leave our own playground.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Ahhhh....again, why not just create a separate Progressive Party of whatever you want to call it? It's nice and all for the Democratic Party to let an Independent run in the Primary, but if Sanders really wanted to be a Democrat he'd be a Democrat and not an Independent.

If Sanders doesn't want to be a Democrat, then why do you want to be a Democrat if you feel strongly about not wanting to be a Democrat? Why not just follow Sanders lead? Where is the logic in that? If Sanders has so many supporters who feel that they aren't Democrats, then why not just create your own separate political party that you can do anything you want with?

Those of us who enjoy being Democrats and enjoy having the Democratic Party the way it is (all along the political spectrum) are not going to be happy about being bullied to leave our own playground.
    A separate party will have to fight against two parties and will be a gift to the republicans. Taking over the Democratic party is more efficient.

The Dem loyalists should have done a better job if they didn't want to lose the party. Losing to Trump was the final straw.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Ultimate Member

A separate party will have to fight against two parties and will be a gift to the republicans. Taking over the Democratic party is more efficient.

The Dem loyalists should have done a better job if they didn't want to lose the party. Losing to Trump was the final straw.
    Sanders "lost" in that election as well.

I'll add that you sound like a fascist, so you shouldn't be surprised if you don't get people to vote for your candidate in the process.

Moderates and centrists aren't going to have a place in it once we're done. The fight won't last long.
    What will you do to the centrists? Send them to the gulags?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Sanders "lost" in that election as well.
    He lost the primary. He would have won the general.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I dunno. I don't think we'll do better in the general with Bloomberg or Mayor Pete.
    Strawman. Those are not the only candidates left. Biden, Warren and even Klobuchar have MUCH less baggage and will be better able to form a broad coalition of voters like notorious centrist Obama did.

Hillary was right!

Superbat, your threats, braggadico and promises of inevitable victory dont exactly endear you or your candidate frankly. You sound more like an authoritarian telling those who dont "vote for me" that their going to get gulag'd. Politics is about compromise and working with others, yes the GOP are 90% fucked on that part but when your burning your own allies abd colleagues before telling them "Your time is over old man" when your wing is still fragile its...uh...not a good look to be frank.

surejan.gif

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    What will you do to the centrists? Send them to the gulags?
    Don't be so dramatic.

We'll beat them in elections and then they can go work in the private sector.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Ultimate Member

It's your belief that he would have won the general.

A belief that doesn't give you the right to force your opinion -- or your chosen candidate -- on others who didn't vote for him.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-18-2020 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Superbat, your threats, braggadico and promises of inevitable victory dont exactly endear you or your candidate frankly. You sound more like an authoritarian telling those who dont "vote for me" that their going to get gulag'd. Politics is about compromise and working with others, yes the GOP are 90% fucked on that part but when your burning your own allies abd colleagues before telling them "Your time is over old man" when your wing is still fragile its...uh...not a good look to be frank.
    I haven't made any threats.

No one except the people freaking out about Sanders winning have said anything about gulags.

The Democratic party is going to change. Centrists and moderates will be voted out, not turned into political prisoners.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    It's your belief that he would have won the general.

A belief that doesn't give you the right to force your opinion on others.
    I'm not forcing it on anyone.

Disagree all you want.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Way to burnish that Bernie Bro image, kid.

This sort of talk and fight did Labour no favors in the UK. It won't help here, either.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 02-18-2020 at 05:11 AM.