Page 568 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 684685185585645655665675685695705715725786186681068 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    We have people on this forum who refused to vote against Trump in a prior election. Bernie's stans do not get to lecture me, or anyone else, on my obligation to do my part to defeat Trump when a quarter of them refused to do that very thing.
    I was asking a question about how much online interaction affects your voting in the general.

Does it or doesn't it?
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    The future of the party is going to be decided by Bernie or Bloomberg.
    You sound like someone with very little experience with politics.

That said, time will eventually teach you what no one else here can.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    You sound like someone with very little experience with politics.

That said, time will eventually teach you what no one else here can.
    Months ago I said Bernie was going to win the primary.

Time is proving me right.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

It's not even whether someone else will be able to do it.

It's the fact that you are constantly trying to tear down any candidate -- like Beto -- who might do it.
    Your chosen metric is "Let's See You Get The Votes..."

If he didn't get them, what is it that points to that he might have been able to?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    You definitely don't want a third party, splitting votes and allowing conservatives to win with pluralities.
    In theory, you might be right. However, the history of the US has seen many political parties come and go. It is survival of the fittest. If these 'Progressives' feel that they are strong enough to change the Democratic Party from within, then they should be string enough to compete with the Democratic Party from the outside. If not, it will be a failed experiment.

There are always going to be people who are not happy with the way things are. The healthiest way to deal with this is to let them leave the nest and make their own way in the world.

If they don't, they are going to get more and more frustrated. Change can't happen without trying new things. It's harder to make change from within than it is to create something brand new.

That's how so many social/political organizations have come about already.

Besides, there is no assurances that these 'Progressives' will vote for the Democrat in November anyway.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lets' wait til Super Tuesday before we make any declarations.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Your chosen metric is "Let's See You Get The Votes..."

If he didn't get them, what is it that points to that he might have been able to?
    My chosen metric is stop insulting other Democratic candidates and the Democratic party in general.

You're obviously not going to do that, so I'll just watch it play out again just like it did before.

And to be clear -- even if Sanders wins the primaries and loses the general, it's still a loss just like last time.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-18-2020 at 05:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

The future of the party is going to be decided by Bernie or Bloomberg.

You can pick the progressive independent or go with the republican.
    The future of the party will be decided by women and POC. Not two old white guys.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

We're two very white contests in.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

It's not even whether someone else will be able to do it.

It's the fact that you are constantly trying to tear down any candidate -- like Beto -- who might do it.
    To address that...

If you want any realistic chance at winning a general election?

It had better be about that. Unless you have a bunch of voters from other groups that you can replace the ones you might lose if Latinos supports Sanders and he isn't the nominee?

You had better at least have something like a plan to address that.

Elizabeth Warren’s Allies Claim ‘Erasure’ As They Seek To Reignite Campaign: Ms. Warren’s backers, convinced her message is being ignored, see a path forward — and they say writing her off would be a mistake.

RENO, Nev. — A bad month for Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts keeps getting worse. She finished in a respectable third place in the Iowa caucuses, but a results-tallying meltdown muddled what could have been a good evening. New Hampshire was better at logistics but worse for her candidacy, considering she ended up closer to candidates who dropped out after the primary than those who finished on top.

On Sunday, Ms. Warren had a cold so severe it threatened to sideline one of the country’s most famous persisters.

“People told me, ‘You have to cancel your day in Reno,’” Ms. Warren said, hoarse and barely audible. “I said, ‘Reno has been left out of way too many conversations.’”

Ms. Warren and her team feel the same. She is not cratering or surging, neither the most likely to win nor at risk of immediately dropping out, a 40-degree day surrounded by candidates who are hot and cold. Her staff members and plenty of allies argue that as a result, she is being ignored by the news media and some voters during a pivotal moment in the primary, and she is at risk of becoming less relevant in the nominating process — something her campaign is now trying to reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    The future of the party will be decided by women and POC. Not two old white guys.
    Bernie is leading among women and POC. He has the most diverse base.

They are deciding, and they have decided that they are going to change the party by electing a progressive.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Bernie is leading among women and POC. He has the most diverse base.

They are deciding, and they have decided that they are going to change the party by electing a progressive.
    Nope. The latest poll showing Sanders with a total lead nationally shows him with a plurality of women voters (24%), but Biden still with a plurality of African Americans (31%).

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/wp-cont...2002171446.pdf

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Nope. The latest poll showing Sanders with a total lead nationally shows him with a plurality of women voters (24%), but Biden still with a plurality of African Americans (31%).

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/wp-cont...2002171446.pdf
    Yes.

That poll shows Bernie with more support from women than any other candidate. Black people aren't the only only POC in the country.

Biden leads among African-Americans but Bernie has the most diverse base overall. Your poll shows Bernie having 34% of the non-white vote, that is 13 points higher than Biden who is number 2.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Elizabeth Warren’s Allies Claim ‘Erasure’ As They Seek To Reignite Campaign: Ms. Warren’s backers, convinced her message is being ignored, see a path forward — and they say writing her off would be a mistake.
    Fourth place in a neighboring state will do that.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets