Page 574 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 744745245645705715725735745755765775785846246741074 ... LastLast
Results 8,596 to 8,610 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Bloomberg is scum, but he is nowhere near Trump level scum. This is more of the Sanders campaign wanting to make people think Bloomberg and Trump are the same.
    He's close enough.

Sexually harassed women
    Racist
    Stop-and-frisk
    Transphobic
    Friends with Epstein
    Was friends with Trump until recently and after the election said American people should get behind Donald Trump

He's not running to beat Trump. He's running to stop progressives.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Superbat, your threats, braggadico and promises of inevitable victory dont exactly endear you or your candidate frankly. You sound more like an authoritarian telling those who dont "vote for me" that their going to get gulag'd. Politics is about compromise and working with others, yes the GOP are 90% fucked on that part but when your burning your own allies abd colleagues before telling them "Your time is over old man" when your wing is still fragile its...uh...not a good look to be frank.
    I really don't get what he's trying to achieve. All his posts seem to do is make people NOT want Sanders. Which (in theory) is the opposite effect he hopes to elicit. Unless he's a secret anti-Sanders poster, or Trump support, and this is a brilliant choreographed ruse to make us encourage our friends to vote for anyone but Sanders... but that seems a little far down the rabbit hole, as conspiracy theories go
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I really don't get what he's trying to achieve. All his posts seem to do is make people NOT want Sanders. Which (in theory) is the opposite effect he hopes to elicit. Unless he's a secret anti-Sanders poster, or Trump support, and this is a brilliant choreographed ruse to make us encourage our friends to vote for anyone but Sanders... but that seems a little far down the rabbit hole, as conspiracy theories go
    1. Not a he.

2. Who are these people that don't want to vote for the best candidate because of their online interactions with supporters of that candidate? I don't believe most people will vote against medicare for all, stopping climate change, helping the poor, protecting immigrants, trans people and POC because they thought a Sanders supporter was rude to them online.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Narrator's voice, sounding something disheveled and hoarse:

He... he really isn't the best candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Narrator's voice, sounding something disheveled and hoarse:
    Who do you think is?
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Bloomberg is perhaps the last Dem running I would vote for. But to say he is similar to Trump is ridiculous. As a New Yorker I have lived through Bloomberg's years as mayor. He was good in some ways and bad in others. No major scandals. But not the corrupt, disgusting, worthless POS we New Yorkers have known Trump to be for decades.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

'The hubris is unbelievable': Dems seethe over Bloomberg GOP donations

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...nt-2020-073807

Michael Bloomberg’s debut 2020 campaign ad touts that he “took charge” of New York in the wake of 9/11.

What Bloomberg doesn’t mention: He leaned heavily on an endorsement from Rudy Giuliani, the then-New York mayor who is now President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, to win that post. Bloomberg trumpeted his support in TV advertising and direct mail, chastising his Democratic opponent for being “no friend of Rudy Giuliani.”

Giuliani is just one of many skeletons in Bloomberg’s partisan closet. As he pursues the Democratic presidential nomination, he’ll have to explain the millions he’s spent putting Republicans into office, including contributions backing more than a dozen current and former members of Congress.

The billionaire businessman, who has switched parties several times throughout his political career, endorsed George W. Bush’s 2004 reelection campaign, contributed to John McCain and even held a fundraiser for a House GOP member as recently as last year.

And that’s not all. Beneficiaries of his largesse include former Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), a vigorous Trump defender, and Senate Appropriations Chairman Richard Shelby of Alabama, who once chaired the Senate Banking Committee.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    He could just sue for a public retraction, and apology and a donation to a worthy cause.

Haven't you EVER watched Ally McBeal?

And I picked the side of the truth over a smear. Was an easy choice.
    Yeah...

Because Bloomberg keeping all of those Non-Disclosure Agreements in place will make sure the truth comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Bloomberg is perhaps the last Dem running I would vote for. But to say he is similar to Trump is ridiculous. As a New Yorker I have lived through Bloomberg's years as mayor. He was good in some ways and bad in others. No major scandals. But not the corrupt, disgusting, worthless POS we New Yorkers have known Trump to be for decades.
    He sunk millions into keeping the Senate in Republican hands in 2016. Never mind some of the other cash he has thrown at Republicans.

If you look at that and still see "Black"/"White", we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    He sunk millions into keeping the Senate in Republican hands in 2016. Never mind some of the other cash he has thrown at Republicans.

If you look at that and still see "Black"/"White", we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    More like shades of gray. Bloomberg is a darker shade than I would ever want, but he isn't nearly so bad as Trump. But then, who is? Out of people actually running, that is.

Basically, Bloomberg may very well be a turd sandwich, but Trump is a turd sandwich sourced from people with cholera. Even though the first may be very bad, the second is objectively worse by a few orders of magnitude.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I'll add that you sound like a fascist, so you shouldn't be surprised if you don't get people to vote for your candidate in the process.
    My thoughts exactly. No idea what the goal is, other than putting people off Sanders. I know I've already been chatting to my American friends, encouraging them to put their vote elsewhere in the primaries. I'm seeing so many parallels to Corbynism in the UK, and that ended with one of the worst Labour election results in 100 years. People are smart enough to work out that who your ardent supporters are SAYS SOMETHING about you, be it your philosophy, turning a blind eye or... something in you that inspires such hate, not love.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

'Nevertheless, She Persisted'
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    My thoughts exactly. No idea what the goal is, other than putting people off Sanders. I know I've already been chatting to my American friends, encouraging them to put their vote elsewhere in the primaries. I'm seeing so many parallels to Corbynism in the UK, and that ended with one of the worst Labour election results in 100 years. People are smart enough to work out that who your ardent supporters are SAYS SOMETHING about you, be it your philosophy, turning a blind eye or... something in you that inspires such hate, not love.
    Did your American friends tell you that Sanders is the most popular candidate?

You didn't even know about Pete Buttigieg racist history or didn't care. We'll pass on taking advice about American politics from you.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    1. Not a he.

2. Who are these people that don't want to vote for the best candidate because of their online interactions with supporters of that candidate? I don't believe most people will vote against medicare for all, stopping climate change, helping the poor, protecting immigrants, trans people and POC because they thought a Sanders supporter was rude to them online.
    Did you learn nothing from Corbyn?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Did you learn nothing from Corbyn?
    Corbyn was unpopular because the media smeared him.

Bernie continues to rise in the polls and is more liked than any of the other candidates. The media smears can't keep him down.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us