Page 585 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 854855355755815825835845855865875885895956356851085 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,775 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    And many people don't want an election where the choice is between Trump and a candidate who says they need to pay higher taxes.
    On one hand you have concentration camps, transphobic policies, racist policies, attack on abortion rights and everything else Trump is doing. On the other hand, higher taxes.
    Last edited by Superbat; 02-19-2020 at 06:55 AM.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    On one hand you have concentration camps, transphobic policies, racist policies, attack on abortion rights and everything else Trump is doing. On the other hand, higher taxes.

I can see why Trump Vs Bernie is such a hard choice for you.
    Already trying to make this personal and proving what's said about Sanders' supporters -- I've never once claimed I wouldn't vote for Sanders over Trump.

To the contrary, I've said I would vote for a rock over Trump.

Conversely, you have many Sanders supporters here saying they wouldn't vote for Bloomberg over Trump.

Which is all beside the point of you dodging what I said about many people not wanting to vote for higher taxes.

Like I said before -- you attack others because you can't refute the facts about Sanders' campaign.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-19-2020 at 06:23 AM.

Already trying to make this personal and proving what's said about Sanders' supporters -- I've never once claimed I wouldn't vote for Sanders over Trump.

To the contrary, I've said I would vote for a rock over Trump.

Conversely, you have many Sanders supporters here saying they wouldn't vote for Bloomberg over Trump.

Which is all beside the point of you dodging what I said about many people not wanting to vote for higher taxes, especially in a good economy.

But like I said before -- you attack others because you can't refute the facts about Sanders' campaign.
    You've said you'll vote for Bernie if he's the candidate but after your barrage of attacks aimed at Sanders and only Sanders, I don't believe you anymore.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Ultimate Member

You've said you'll vote for Bernie if he's the candidate but after your barrage of attacks aimed at Sanders and only Sanders, I don't believe you anymore.
    Because you want to feel persecuted, just as you want to feel that Sanders is persecuted.

When in reality, people are just pointing giving solid, factual, objective reasons why they don't feel Sanders is the best candidate for the general election.

Those facts aren't going to change until we see Sanders do what he claims he can do -- from winning the election to actually legislating his policies.

To be clear, if Sanders' supporters weren't so busy throwing stones from glass houses, they wouldn't have to complain so much when people return fire.

With that in mind, you'd be better off not throwing them at the same party you are trying to ride to the presidency.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-19-2020 at 06:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

He didn't lose the popular vote. Those are the state delegate equivalents.
    It’s funny this is at least the third time I saw someone rush to post data they didn’t read correctly to go after Sanders

Because you want to feel persecuted, just as you want to feel that Sanders is persecuted.

When in reality, people are just pointing giving solid, factual, objective reasons why they don't feel Sanders is the best candidate for the general election.

Those opinions aren't going to change until we see Sanders do what he claims he can do -- from winning to actually legislating his policies.

To be clear, if Sanders' supporters weren't so busy throwing stones from glass houses, they wouldn't have to complain so much when people return fire.

With that in mind, you'd be better off not throwing them at the same party you are trying to ride to the presidency.
    I don't feel persecuted. The candidate I'm backing is winning.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Extraordinary Member

Ultimate Member

Then don't lie about the people you're arguing with to dodge the fact that many American voters don't usually support a candidate who will raise taxes.

Then don't lie about the people you're arguing with to dodge the fact that many American voters don't usually support a candidate who will raise taxes.
    I'm not lying.

I don't believe that you will vote for Bernie against Trump after months of seeing you post.

That is the impression I've got from you.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Ultimate Member

I'm not lying.

I don't believe that you will vote for Bernie against Trump after months of seeing you post.

That is the impression I've got from you.
    Fair enough -- slander then, which is keeping in tradition with said supporters.

Likewise an inability to address relevant facts -- like how Sanders complains about money but needs more of it than any other candidate to fulfill his promises.

And how moderates tend to win more elections than progressives, regardless of what happened in 2016 when progressive Sanders lost to a moderate.

And how many Sanders supporters openly claim they won't vote for Bloomberg, yet you're attacking me based on your own misdirected bias.

Because attacking and trying to tear down others based on your personal bias is easier than dealing with objective facts about your candidate.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-19-2020 at 06:42 AM.

Fair enough -- slander then, which is keeping in tradition with said supporters.

Likewise an inability to address relevant facts -- like how Sanders complains about money but needs more of it than any other candidate to fulfill his promises.

And how moderates tend to win more elections than progressives, regardless of what happened in 2016 when progressive Sanders lost to a moderate.

And how many Sanders supporters openly claim they won't vote for Bloomberg, yet you're attacking me based on your own misdirected bias.

Because attacking and trying to tear down others based on your personal bias is easier than dealing with objective facts about your candidate.
    Dude, I'm allowed to not believe you.

That isn't slander.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Exactly WHAT is he winning? Short answer: not a blessed thing. The primary season is only a couple of weeks old, Super Tuesday isn't here yet, and the election is November. As I've stated before, polls THIS early in the proceedings don't mean a goddamn thing, not for Sanders, Biden or any of the others. A hell of a lot of things could change over the course of the next eight months, which is why I could care less about numbers right now. Crow to me that Sanders is "winning" AFTER he's beaten Trump in the general election if he's the Democratic candidate, and not before. By the way, the same goes for everyone else in the race.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Dude, I'm allowed to not believe you.

That isn't slander.
    It is slander -- you're attacking me based on your own prejudices and you're doing it solely to avoid addressing your candidates faults.

So why not just own up to them instead of trying to start a hypothetical argument over my voting preferences.

That dishonesty and tendency to deflect by attacking others is exactly why many people don't trust Sanders or many of those who support him.

It's the same way the Republicans operate -- just two sides of the same coin.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-19-2020 at 06:51 AM.

Astonishing Member

I can see why Trump Vs Bernie is such a hard choice for you.
    First off, it's disingenuous to assume the worst about aja when he's made reasonable and objective statements being crucial of Sanders. Claiming people who don't see eye to eye with Sanders as not agreeing with good policies he's pushing is a terrible attack. Of course we all agree with the good policies we make, however, many here (myself included) don't think he'll be able to make them happen once elected. The Sanders you think you're electing and the man running in the Democratic primaries aren't the same person. Maybe had he been he wouldn't have been obliterated by Hillary Clinton head to head.

Second, aja is right that people who don't nat to pay higher taxes will be a huge barrier in the general, for any politician. There's a reason politicians don't say that out loud. What's Sanders going to do when these people don't vote for him? Or does he think all he needs to get their loyalty is win the nomination, which would sure be something after the headaches Sanders wing gave Hillary about earning their votes when she did that.

Edit: Any Sanders supporters going to comment on him dodging accepting Bloomberg's money for the general?
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 02-19-2020 at 06:57 AM.

It is slander -- you're attacking me based on your own prejudices and you're doing it solely to avoid addressing your candidates faults.

So why not just own up to them instead of trying to start a hypothetical argument over my voting preferences.
    I'm not attacking you. I just don't believe you about one thing you've said.

This is not something we have to keep talking about. It's just the impression I got and it doesn't affect anything.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us