Page 587 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 874875375775835845855865875885895905915976376871087 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,805 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    It says a lot that you're so intent on proving Sanders' supporters will vote for Bloomberg...

...but still won't discuss how Sanders will pay for his policies.
    This is how the post read...

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Already trying to make this personal and proving what's said about Sanders' supporters -- I've never once claimed I wouldn't vote for Sanders over Trump.

To the contrary, I've said I would vote for a rock over Trump.

Conversely, you have many Sanders supporters here saying they wouldn't vote for Bloomberg over Trump.

Which is all beside the point of you dodging what I said about many people not wanting to vote for higher taxes.

Like I said before -- you attack others because you can't refute the facts about Sanders' campaign.
    "Here.." as in "Folks Posting In This Thread..."

Based on what I recall, I do not believe it to be anything like what is actually the case.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Based on what I recall, I do not believe it to be anything like what is actually the case.
    So still nothing about how Sanders will pay for his policies or pass it through Congress.

Why is that?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    This is how the post read...

Dude stop wasting your time when someone is clearly gaslighting you.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Dude stop wasting your time when someone is clearly gaslighting you.
    The waste of time is asking Sanders' supporters for detailed info on how he will pay for his policies and how he will pass his legislation through Congress.

Apparently you either you have faith or you're a heretic -- there's no in between.

Which is a very effective way of alienating moderate and independent general election voters who are a lot more objective in their voting habits.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-19-2020 at 07:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

As the Sanders campaign continues to lie about Bloomberg in most Trumpian ways, I'm beginning to wonder if the aim is to make all our heads explode over having to defend Bloomberg.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Sanders is exactly like Trump.

Except policy

Except sexual misconduct

Except racist policy

Except racist tenor

Except misogyny

Except the political party they are in

Wish I could say the same about Bloomberg. Lot of balls making that comparison

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    As the Sanders campaign continues to lie about Bloomberg in most Trumpian ways, I'm beginning to wonder if the aim is to make all our heads explode over having to defend Bloomberg.
    Bloomberg, Hillary, Biden, Kamala, Beto, Buttigieg, Warren -- attacks on all them are just deflections from answering questions about Sanders.

The irony is that the best way to "win" an argument against a Sanders supporter is to ask him how he will pay for and enact his promises.

It's interesting how Bloomberg and Sanders are so different, yet both of them have several facets that makes it easy comparing them to Trump. Maybe we should draw some diagrams.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Sanders is exactly like Trump.

Except policy

Except sexual misconduct

Except racist policy

Except racist tenor

Except misogyny

Except the political party they are in

Wish I could say the same about Bloomberg. Lot of balls making that comparison
    It is when you deliberately avoid their similarities.

They're old men, they're anti-establishment, they have inflated egos, they value loyalty over competence, they want to purge their party of disbelievers to reshape in their image, they view compromise as a weakness, they don't prioritise women as much as they should in their goals, they both have a god complex, they have cult like fanbases, they love having their own propaganda networks, they have a soft spot for Tulsi Gabbard, they employ toxic individuals, they have toxic fanbases who don't respect women or minorities, they have a hard time apologising for their mistakes, they have problems with keeping their female employees safe from harassment, they don't understand how the system works, they view politics in black and white contexts, they have over inflated views of how much they'll accomplish as president, they don't hold up under pressure very well, they alienate their natural allies.

Bloomberg has similarities, too.

They all should have retired and let a new generation take over.

Sanders could chain himself to a random white woman on 5th Avenue and his supporters would claim she's Rosa Parks.

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It is when you deliberately avoid their similarities.

They're old men, they're anti-establishment, they have inflated egos, they value loyalty over competence, they want to purge their party of disbelievers to reshape in their image, they view compromise as a weakness, they don't prioritise women as much as they should in their goals, they both have a god complex, they have cult like fanbases, they love having their own propaganda networks, they have a soft spot for Tulsi Gabbard, they employ toxic individuals, they have toxic fanbases who don't respect women or minorities, they have a hard time apologising for their mistakes, they have problems with keeping their female employees safe from harassment, they don't understand how the system works, they view politics in black and white contexts, they have over inflated views of how much they'll accomplish as president, they don't hold up under pressure very well, they alienate their natural allies.

Bloomberg has similarities, too.

They all should have retired and let a new generation take over.
    Old men. So is Biden. So is Trump. Warren is a women in her 70’s. Don’t know why age is a disqualifier

Inflated egos? Every single one of these people is going on a stage saying they are the most qualified to head the most powerful country in the world.

They value loyalty over competence? Quantify this because it sounds like nonsense.

Want to purge the party? This is untrue. You were one of the the people who were criticizing Sanders for accepting an endorsement from Rogan who is nothing like him politically. And Sanders defended by saying we need to be welcoming. This isn’t even congruent with your own past arguments.

View compromise as a weakness? When? There haven’t even been negotiations. You don’t compromise before the actual policy making starts.

Cult like fanbases? So they are popular? So was Obama.

What propaganda networks? Sanders goes on every single mainstream outlet

Employ toxic individuals? I can name issues with an employee of every major candidate a Democrat in the last few years. In fact a lot of former Sanders supporters work in other campaigns. Are they hiring toxic employees.

Fanbases that don’t respect women and minorities. There’s a greater combination of minorities and women in his support base than anybody else running. But I’m sure you think you are qualified to tell women and minorities how they should feel. They don’t seem to agree with you. Guess you think you know better than them.

Hard team keeping female enployees safe. He had an incident in the past and now has taken more steps than any other campaign to make it safe.

They don’t understand how the system works. Yeah a man who has been in the federal government for decades doesn’t understand the system. I’m sure you get it though lol.

View politics in black and white? Describe?

Inflated view of how much they will accomplish. By that logic every President ever is comparable to Trump. Do you know history?

So much of what you said is either demonstrably untrue and not backed up by any analysis of data and facts that it might be the most biased post in this thread.
    Last edited by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE; 02-19-2020 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Spelling

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Sanders could chain himself to a random white woman on 5th Avenue and his supporters would claim she's Rosa Parks.
    Was this supposed to be funny? Because these posts are showing how delusional people are getting over this. It’s quite toxic

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I started out loathing Trump as a candidate back in 2016. Could care less about him before that.
    Ended up eating my (very public at workplace words) in 2017 based on the works he did and is doing. Apologized for my dislike at the exact same setting and in the same volume of voice.

Found out my dislike was based a lot on articles from BBC. End result is I don't much care for BBC based on their works.

Lesson learned: I now pay less attention to what the various medias say without doing at least some cross research from various sources ..and most importantly.. what the candidates say and do.

Vote for whom you want, but please pay attention to the candidates. Just how do they plan to pay for their personal agendas? Who will get hurt by them? Who will benefit? What is the validity of accusations being slung around by the various candidates? Do they hold up under research or are just hearsay?

Female/hispanic voter
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)