Page 61 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465711111615611061 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    You are doing it now. You are facing introspection and turning to be defensive. You be firm and assertive and powerful without being deliberately destructive.
    You don't need to take an introspective look at things to be able to work out that treating Jerry Springer like he isn't actually helping is probably a sensible call.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Dude, you are literally tone policing and making some fairly large assumptions as well. Seriously, so far, all I've said is 'trans women are women and Bill Maher thinks they're disproportionately sexual predators'. This isn't hard.
    Yeah, that comment is transphobic and stupid. I am not tone policing, I'm calling out dumb strategy. If you can't tell the difference, well, I couldn't concoct a more real example of the problem .

I'm not psychic?
    Luckily, you don't need to be.

Does the guy stand to make any money off of the Big Two going after each other?

If that's the case, you don't need to be a psychic to entertain that he might not be on the level.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You don't need to take an introspective look at things to be able to work out that treating Jerry Springer like he isn't actually helping is probably a sensible call.
    I agree, he isnt very effective.

Yeah, that comment is transphobic and stupid. I am not tone policing, I'm calling out dumb strategy. If you can't tell the difference, well, I couldn't concoct a more real example of the problem .
    And yet, here you are, having more problems with me calling the guy trashy than you are /with the actual comments/, demanding I 'change my approach' because it's 'too abrasive'. That is, in fact, tone policing a guy with no real power for whom these issues are near and dear. My house mate is trans.

My sibling is trans.

His words have demonstrably hurt people I cared about. Hurt their interests, hurt my family. Don't you /dare/ come to me and tell me I need to 'rethink' my 'strategy' because you want the 'left' to win. That is the very textbook definition of tone policing, so spare me the sanctimony.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    And yet, here you are, having more problems with me calling the guy trashy than you are /with the actual comments/.
    Do you want to discuss how much we agree about the comments? We can....I just find that less interesting.

So...

What is the strategy for dealing with clearly "Over The Top..." transphobic comments from a guy who is an issue on several other fronts that is not "Dumb"?

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

So...

What is the strategy for dealing with clearly "Over The Top..." transphobic comments from a guy who is an issue on several other fronts that is not "Dumb"?
    Mine may not work either....but ignore him. I think a lesson we learned from Trump is attention is the worst thing we can do.

Mine may not work either....but ignore him. I think a lesson we learned from Trump is attention is the worst thing we can do.
    Huh.

We'll just have to politely agree to disagree there.

BANNED

Huh.

We'll just have to politely agree to disagree there.
    That's fair. I'm of the opinion the voracious condemnation of Trump, though deserved, helped fuel his win. Hence my view on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    He must have thought the World Series was a fluke. I'm sure he thought UFC fans were "tough guys" and his kinda people.

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    He must have thought the World Series was a fluke. I'm sure he thought UFC fans were "tough guys" and his kinda people.

I hope people keep it up. Boo him at EVERY non-staged event. Boo him at every event that isn’t a rally. BOO HIM AT HIS RALLIES.

I cannot WAIT to see what abject lunacy spews forth as more and more people do this. The fact that he has apparently not yet gone on a three am Twitter-and-a-shit rampage about the FIRST booing is a sign that his handlers might finally be doing their jobs and HANDLING him, but the more he is faced with how deeply disliked he really is, the more blows his fragile ego takes, the more likely he is to spectacularly and fatally (to his career, though a heart attack at his age and physical condition isn’t out of the realm of possibility) burst.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I mean, I like the UFC, but why is a sitting president in attendence at an event? Respectfully, it's pretty lowbrow.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I mean, I like the UFC, but why is a sitting president in attendence at an event? Respectfully, it's pretty lowbrow.
    Because he thought it was a safe space.

Turns out, he’s a snowflake who needs to grow thicker skin and get a sense of humor...