Page 624 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1245245746146206216226236246256266276286346747241124 ... LastLast
Results 9,346 to 9,360 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I see Bernie Bros have dropped the 'it's being rigged against Bernie' conspiracy theory quickly.
    I see you still make statements that have nothing to do with the thread topic.

Extraordinary Member

MSNBC pundit calls female minority Sanders supporters "misfit black girls"

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...alling-sanders

Yeah there's people on here just as dismissive about his POC base of support

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I almost feel sorry for Bernie on how it's open season on him after the way he mishandled the Russia revelations:

The good news for him is, he still has some defenders.

The bad news is, they're well known Russian assets themselves.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Seems like moderates' hopes that Bloomberg would come in and sweep them off their feet were shattered when the debate revealed him to be, more than anything else, a complete charisma black hole that really has nothing going for him aside from being rich. You'd think they would all try and rally around Warren at this moment, but I sense they don't have much confidence she can win, and in any event she's probably too left wing for them to stomach, so they've turned up the rhetoric about "Bernie Bros" to try and destroy him now, and force voters to fall in line behind whatever dullard emerges from this sad farce of a nomination process. Problem is, Democratic voters are not Republican voters, and if they end up with an uninspiring candidate they can and will stay home on election day.

Are the Bernardinos still gonna watch Marvel's The Eternals after this?

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Are the Bernardinos still gonna watch Marvel's The Eternals after this?

Independent people don’t really take their political cues from the people that work on their favorite make believe characters

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Yes, Sanders could have shared a classified briefing he received from the intelligence community. That would've gone over well.
    You should read more closely. I agree that is an unfair expectation.

Your superdelegate stuff, however, is straight up embarrassing. You should have no pride but disgust with that take. Follow Sanders' lead, dont lead with asinine garbage.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Might check out the Warren rally in Colorado tomorrow weather permitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    You should read more closely. I agree that is an unfair expectation.

Your superdelegate stuff, however, is straight up embarrassing. You should have no pride but disgust with that take. Follow Sanders' lead, dont lead with asinine garbage.
    So if the superdelegates pick a candidate that doesn't have the most votes, that candidate wouldn't have serious legitimacy issues among voters?
    BB

What Are the Chances Sanders Has Another Heart Attack Before November?

Once I was scheduled to go in for a job interview and I was really excited about it. Two days before the interview I started feeling sick, the next day I wen to my doctor and was told I had bronchitis. I contacted the people i was going to interview with, and they canceled the interview completely. It was disappointing, but I got over it.

Bernie Sanders isn't even being honest to himself and the voters about his health.

In early October, while campaigning in Nevada, presidential candidate Bernie Sanders was rushed to the hospital experiencing chest pain. He was admitted and had two drug-eluting heart stents placed in his left anterior descending artery—the one commonly known as the “widow-maker.” Three days later, the campaign released a statement confirming what any practicing physician could deduce—the senator had experienced a heart attack.

In the months since, he’s emerged as the frontrunner in a competitive race, keeping up a busy campaigning schedule and performing energetically in the debates. The news of his heart attack largely receded from the coverage of the race, and he recently announced he won’t be sharing more information about it, despite his October promise to make all of his medical records public. (It’s worth noting that in our fragmented system, the concept of a “full” medical record is actually a kind of fantasy. What would prove useful here would be more comprehensive original records, not just summaries; in Sanders’ case, even just a few key documents from the past year expanding more on what happened in October would be clarifying.)
    If Sanders were to honor his promise to release his “full” records, a nearly complete analysis of his short-term health risks could be made. As a physician who assesses these types of risks on a daily basis, I believe that all candidates, especially older ones—and particularly Michael Bloomberg, who has just revealed that he has heart disease significant enough to warrant *******y stenting in the past—should level with the American people and release not just summaries from their personal physicians but comprehensive and detailed medical records. But even with the information we have now, it’s possible to take a meaningful look at the risks of further health problems cropping up during the senator’s campaign. I considered the risk that, between now and Nov. 3, Sanders might experience any of the following: a second heart attack, another life-threatening emergency, any event that would require hospitalization (including any “false alarm”), or even death. The risk is not trivial, and is worth explaining in full.

First, there appears to be little evidence that Sanders’ current health is a hindrance to the daily rigors of a national campaign. Considering the extent of his heart attack in October, he appears to be doing well, able to campaign vigorously, and likely up to the demanding position of president, from an endurance standpoint at least. Nor is his life expectancy the central question, though, yes, his remaining expected life span dropped from around 10 to five years after his heart attack. But his one-year risk is low, meaning his chance of surviving the campaign is good. When Sanders entered the hospital in October (given what we’ve been told by his doctors), his calculated six-month risk of death was rather harrowing, likely between 11 and 19 percent. Fortunately, by virtue of surviving his initial hospitalization, and the incident-free intervening four months, those numbers have improved, to better than 95 percent.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    So if the superdelegates pick a candidate that doesn't have the most votes, that candidate wouldn't have serious legitimacy issues among voters?
    First, let's be clear: the superdelegate whining was happening last time from Bernie supporters while they trailed Hillary by nearly 4 million popular votes. Pounding on about how important it is to honor the popular vote is rich. How the tune changes from 2016 to 2020 huh?

Second, bringing it up as a "Whatabout?" dodge from Russia is beyond lame. It's Trumpian.

But I'll be the consistent one: the person chosen by the popular vote should be the nominee. It would have to be within 3% for me to even want to consider a contested convention. And even then I'd prefer just going with the popular vote. I think it's best if the superdelegates and delegates honor the wishes of the people precisely because there will be legitimacy questions and deep fractures within the voting coalition otherwise. If Sanders continues to lead the popular vote, even if the delegates are tied: he should be the nominee.

I can say that without being a total hypocrite though. You can't say the same.

On Immigration, Bernie Sanders is Not Who He Says He Is.

by labor leader and civil rights activist Dolores Huerta.

Hillary was right!

Bernie Sanders voted with republican anti-choicers to IMPRISON stem cell scientists. He has yet to explain or justify his vote, which was part of a republican attack on reproductive rights.

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So, question. There's been some talk about wanting debates to be about themes rather than traditional debate questions. So like one debate is about immigration and the people asking the questions are immigrants, or minority issues being asked by minority reporters, or things about climate science being asked by scientists.

Personally I don't think this would work, but does anyone think it would work?