Page 685 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 185585635675681682683684685686687688689695735785 ... LastLast
Results 10,261 to 10,275 of 17573
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    And all the attacks and unkindness from his acolytes this time round is NOT winning over moderates. Does no-one see that? This thread alone is proof of that. Sander won't win if the centralists don't come to him, because (as sad as it is) Trump's base is STRONG. And unwavering. And someone not garnering the middle ground won't beat him.
    Bernie won the moderate vote in Nevada.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Indian Official Threatens to Interfere in US Election to Stop Sanders

https://theglobepost.com/2020/02/27/...ernie-sanders/

The National General Secretary of India’s ruling right-wing BJP Party warned Wednesday that Democratic frontrunner Bernie Sanders was “compelling” India to interfere in the U.S. presidential election against him.

“How much ever neutral we wish to be you compel us to play a role in Presidential elections,” Secretary B.L. Santhosh said in a since-deleted tweet, adding, “Sorry to say so … but you are compelling us.”

The statement came in a response to a tweet from Sanders who condemned President Donald Trump for failing to speak out against anti-Muslim mob violence that rocked India’s capital earlier this week while Trump was visiting Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

“Over 200 million Muslims call India home. Widespread anti-Muslim mob violence has killed at least 27 and injured many more. Trump responds by saying, ‘That’s up to India.’ This is a failure of leadership on human rights,” Sanders said.

In recent months, India has seen sustained mass protests against a new citizenship law championed by Modi and his Hindu-nationalist BJP party that rights groups fear is designed to marginalize India’s Muslim minority.

In New Delhi on Monday, armed Hindu mobs attacked protesters, torched mosques, and terrorized Muslim communities in the worst sectarian violence India has seen in decades.

The carnage left at least 27 people dead, though the identities of those killed have not yet been confirmed.

After winning the popular vote in the first three primary contests, Sanders has emerged a the front runner for the Democratic nomination heading into the pivotal “Super Tuesday” contests on March 3, when 14 states will hold polls.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

YEY! Love these kinds of things, a really informative way to help voters decide who they favour. I can't vote, but did it anyway. Biden, Buttigeg, Klobucher and Bloomberg I agreed with most, and Gabbard, Warren and Sanders least. Sanders was the noticeable gap, as I only agreed with him 4 times; the others were all in a much close spread (for example Warren was second to last on 8 and my top scorer, Biden was 15).

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Bernie won the moderate vote in Nevada.
    If you really think the open nastiness of the Bernie Bros isn't losing you votes where it counts, then drink the kool-aid, man. Drink it up.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

If you really think the open nastiness of the Bernie Bros isn't losing you votes where it counts, then drink the kool-aid, man. Drink it up.
    He won the moderate in Nevada. That's a fact.

Bernie will not lose votes because of how some of his supporters treated people online. People that decide who they vote for based on what happened on twitter or internet forums are 1 in a million.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Bernie will not lose votes because of how some of his supporters treated people online. People that decide who they vote for based on what happened on twitter or internet forums are 1 in a million.
    Sadly, I am quite certain you actually believe that. #Corbyn4PM says hi.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Sadly, I am quite certain you actually believe that. #Corbyn4PM says hi.
    Corbyn was unpopular and Bernie isn't. Bernie is the most popular of all the candidates.

https://morningconsult.com/2020-democratic-primary/

Your personal feelings are getting in the way of the facts.
    Last edited by Superbat; 02-29-2020 at 08:24 AM.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Bloomberg supporters 2nd choice

Biden 32%
    Bernie 27%
    Pete 15%

Biden supporters 2nd choice

Bernie 29%
    Bloomberg 25%
    Pete 14%

Pete supporters 2nd choice

Bernie 21%
    Biden/Warren 19%
    Bloomberg 17%

Warren supporters 2nd choice

Bernie 40%
    Biden/Pete 16%
    Klobuchar 12%

https://morningconsult.com/2020-democratic-primary/
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

A high school student created a fake 2020 candidate. Twitter verified it

New York (CNN Business)Andrew Walz calls himself a "proven business leader" and a "passionate advocate for students." Walz, a Republican from Rhode Island, is running for Congress with the tagline, "Let's make change in Washington together," or so his Twitter account claimed.

Earlier this month, Walz's account received a coveted blue checkmark from Twitter as part of the company's broader push to verify the authenticity of many Senate, House and gubernatorial candidates currently running for office. Twitter has framed this effort as key to helping Americans find reliable information about politicians in the leadup to the 2020 election.

But there's just one problem: Walz does not exist. The candidate is the creation of a 17-year-old high school student from upstate New York, CNN Business has learned.

The student, who CNN Business spoke to with the permission of his parents and has agreed not to name as he is a minor, said he was "bored" over the holidays and created the fake account to test Twitter's election integrity efforts.
    The fake Twitter account only had 10 followers as of Wednesday. The student deliberately did not promote the account as his intentions were to test Twitter's systems rather than confuse voters, he told CNN Business.

"I want Twitter to succeed. I love Twitter. I think it's a great platform and I've learned so much from it," the teen said.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Corbyn was unpopular and Bernie isn't.
    *sigh*
    You're not getting it. Corbyn supporters said he was so popular. Corbyn supporters smugly and rudely told everyone who would listen how massively popular he is, showing 'stats', chants, look at him being praised at Glastonbury. JC! JC! Yeah bro, JC GONNA CHANGE IT ALL! And the fact you say Corbyn wasn't popular is... ugh. You just don't get it. It's simultaneously amusing and infuriating how the parallels are just oblivious to you. Ask Corbynistas (the UK equivalent of Bernie Bros) if he was unpopular. Even now they wouldn't agree with you. And come Trump winning again, Bernie Bros will be singing the same tune.

BANNED

Honestly it is absurd the degree to which Corbyn was painted as some dangerous radical even though all he was really advocating was a return to the pre-Thatcher norm, which many older voters must remember fondly and probably drove them to support Brexit and, ironically, vote Tory.

Candidates.jpg

Not particularly surprising to me, though even though I disagree with him the most I would still rate Biden better than Bloomberg, Gabbard, and maybe Steyer(honestly I constantly forget he's still around, and while I do match up better ideologically I'm very hesitant to support a billionaire candidate).

*sigh*
    You're not getting it. Corbyn supporters said he was so popular. Corbyn supporters smugly and rudely told everyone who would listen how massively popular he is, showing 'stats', chants, look at him being praised at Glastonbury. JC! JC! Yeah bro, JC GONNA CHANGE IT ALL! And the fact you say Corbyn wasn't popular is... ugh. You just don't get it. It's simultaneously amusing and infuriating how the parallels are just oblivious to you. Ask Corbynistas (the UK equivalent of Bernie Bros) if he was unpopular. Even now they wouldn't agree with you. And come Trump winning again, Bernie Bros will be singing the same tune.
    You don't get it. There wasn't any reputable poll that showed Corbyn was popular.

Every YouGov, Opinium, Deltapoll, Ipsos, Panelbase poll had him with a approval rating of less than 30%. If there were actually polls that showed that he was popular, those were outliers. Polls that show Bernie as the most popular candidate are not outliers, that's what we have been seeing since the election started.

Elections don't revolve around how you were annoyed by a Bernie supporter 2 weeks ago.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Not particularly surprising to me, though even though I disagree with him the most I would still rate Biden better than Bloomberg, Gabbard, and maybe Steyer(honestly I constantly forget he's still around, and while I do match up better ideologically I'm very hesitant to support a billionaire candidate).
    Honestly, I forgot about him too. When I did that poll it said Steyer, and my reaction was... who?

*sigh*
    Whilst Corbyn had issues, to ignore the other factors involved is a tad disingenuous and why I don't like it when hes brought in as a "British Bernie".