Page 686 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 186586636676682683684685686687688689690696736786 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,290 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Elections don't revolve around how you were annoyed by a Bernie supporter 2 weeks ago.
    I have seen many, many people online comments on this, there are numerous articles talking about the nastiness of Sander's online supporters, but keep telling yourself there isn't a pattern, keep telling yourself it won't effect his numbers when it really matters. You do you, long ago it was clear nothing will dilute this koolaid.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Whilst Corbyn had issues, to ignore the other factors involved is a tad disingenuous and why I don't like it when hes brought in as a "British Bernie".
    Obviously there are differences, it would be bizarre if they were identical identical. But let's not pretend there aren't many similarities. And take a cautionary tale from how SPECTACULAR he lost. Considering how we constantly heard about his popularity, how he's invigorating the youth (one of the worst groups to bank on come elections, due to the fickle nature, btw), how he's championing the people, changing the game, bringing in a bright new far left wave, yadda yadda... come on. It's not a shocking comparison that anyone needs to think about to understand... there are so many similarities (including the nastiness of his fans to -- especially -- their own side)
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-29-2020 at 08:53 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I have seen many, many people online comments on this, there are articles talking about the nastiness of Sander's online supporters, but keep telling yourself there isn't a pattern, and it won't effect his numbers. You do you, long ago it was clear nothing will dilute the koolaid.
    I have posted reputable sources that show Bernie is the most popular candidate. Bernie won the moderate vote in Nevada. Bernie leads among almost every demographic.

All you have are online comments you've seen. You thought LGBTQ poor POC were more privileged than middle class and rich white gay men. I'm not the one drinking the kool-aid.
    Last edited by Superbat; 02-29-2020 at 09:00 AM.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

BANNED

It's funny to me that Bernie supporters are quick to point out that online trolls (at least we don't deny they exist now! Progress!) won't make a difference for voters, but because their lord and savior pronounced that a handful of superdelegates in one newspaper article cost them an election they lost by over 3 million popular votes....they gobble it up.

C'mon people.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    It's funny to me that Bernie supporters are quick to point out that online trolls (at least we don't deny they exist now! Progress!) won't make a difference for voters, but because their lord and savior pronounced that a handful of superdelegates in one newspaper article cost them an election they lost by over 3 million popular votes....they gobble it up.

C'mon people.
    THIS!

I have posted reputable sources that show Bernie is the most popular candidate. Bernie won the moderate vote in Nevada. Bernie leads among almost every demographic.

All you have are online comments you've seen. You thought LGBTQ poor POC were more privileged than middle class and rich white gay men. I'm not the one drinking the kool-aid.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-29-2020 at 09:04 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Honestly ? I understand his fans completely when you take in how utterly frustrating it is from his angle. He was the leader of the party by a large number of votes. Yet their were still Red Tories trying to throw him out and replace him with Blair 2.0 ,follow this by the ridiculous savaging the media gave him constantly (they turned the guy who condemed apartheid back in the 60s/70s into a communist spy, anti semite terrorist sympathiser) meanwhile you had the Lib Dems led by a Yellow Tory (she voted for more Conservative agendas then many Tory Mps) adding into this and the north somehow voting for Boris who's whole career hss been "Lie to the public then hide" because thinking about Brexit is too hard.

The difference is Bernie is straight up an outsider, a Democratic cuckoo who wants the noms but doesnt care for the Dems. Corbyn worked his way up and shifted things naturally.

Or to put it simply, if the public were smart why did they vote fir more austerity, more foodbanks and the current cabinet in crisis (Javid gone, Patel in trouble, etc)

C'mon people.
    I haven't "gobbled it up". I don't think superdelegates cost Bernie the 2016 primary.

Get your facts straight before saying anything about me.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

You have no sources to back up what you have said.

Your theory is based on American voters being like you and we already have proof that they aren't.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

I haven't "gobbled it up". I don't think superdelegates cost Bernie the 2016 primary.

What a lovely tone, totally disproving everything we've been saying about Sander supporters. What a wonderful piece of evidence to prove us all wrong. How quickly we'll all flock to Sanders without hesitation if he gets nominated. Yep. Seems about right.

BANNED

When you start sounding less like the hordes of Bernaid drinkers I'll watch my assumptions. Have independent positions and distinguish yourself and then I'll bother to as well.

What a lovely tone, totally disproving everything we've been saying about Sander supporters. What a wonderful piece of evidence to prove us all wrong. How quickly we'll all flock to Sanders without hesitation if he gets nominated. Yep. Seems about right.
    You care more about my tone than giving people healthcare, ending concentration camps, protecting immigrants and refugees, stopping climate change, protecting the LGBTQ community, making sure abortion is legal, and creating a more equal country.

Most Democratic voters aren't like you. They will put aside their hurt feelings that vote for Bernie in the general.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Extraordinary Member

People in this thread tend to revert to strawman's to justify there feelings. Nobody ever said Bernie would have won anyways or that it was all on the superdelegates. People did however say that the DNC needless put their finger on the scale in that primary and the superdelegates acted to give Clinton the perception of a much bigger lead than she had amongst other well established facts and that it did lead to people being pissed off. If they did it straight up, Clinton still likely wins and you don't have a fracture in the party. And for as much as people complain about relitigating 2016 on here, it's very obvious that both sides (and this isn't a false equivalency, there are plenty of Clinton surrogates that go on the news every week bitching about Sanders) haven't gotten over that bad blood.

Bernie Bros are so nasty that they protested outside the home of the Chairman of Nevada democratic caucus. Let's hope they can be a formidable enemy against the Trumpers and Trumptards. Democrats could use the fiery enthusiasm of Bernie Bros

You have no sources to back up what you have said.

Your theory is based on American voters being like you and we already have proof that they aren't.
    a) do I really need to provide evidence to the nastiness of Sander's on-line acolytes? I thought, at the very least, we'd all started to agree they exist. I didn't think I needed to prove that??? Literally go to any tweet by Mayor Pete. Evidence. Every. Tweet.
    b) and then there is the UK election and Corbyne steamrolling into number 1- oh wait...
    c) your data doesn't show everything (as data rarely does). It's not showing the degree of interest. A moderate picking X, Y or Z in a poll doesn't translate to a passion to go out and vote come the day. If they aren't invigorated, it's not enough. It also doesn't show the moderates who are ACTIVELY against him. That can turn the tide.

But as I've said, if you want to convince yourself this isn't a problem, you do you, keeping doing what you're doing. All Sanders supporters continue being their lovely selves on-line, not reacting or changing their tone and attitude one iota. I'm sure the tactic of head in the sand is a winning one.

When you start sounding less like the hordes of Bernaid drinkers I'll watch my assumptions. Have independent positions and distinguish yourself and then I'll bother to as well.
    I have said Bernie wasn't cheated or robbed from the nomination. You were here when I made those posts.

Stop making assumptions and start paying more attention.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

You care more about my tone than giving people healthcare, ending concentration camps, protecting immigrants and refugees, stopping climate change, protecting the LGBTQ community, making sure abortion is legal, and creating a more equal country.

Most Democratic voters aren't like you. They will put aside their hurt feelings that vote for Bernie in the general.
    Yep. Continue to react with personal attacks, and digs. Another winning strategy to bring people around. Good job. You sure keep proving me wrong about Sanders supporters behaviour on-line. This will definitely get the moderates on your side. Yep.

Ding ding ding ding.